Poll

What will the C's record be after October?

7-0
5 (11.1%)
6-1
8 (17.8%)
5-2
21 (46.7%)
4-3
9 (20%)
3-4
1 (2.2%)
2-5 or worse (I'm a Debbie Downer)
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Predict the C's record for October  (Read 4117 times)

Re: Predict the C's record for October
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
6-1
Cleveland: W
Milwaukee: W
Philly: W
NYK: W
Milwaukee: W
Miami: W
SAS: L

Cleveland is in bad shape right now. I don't see them winning.
The C's have beaten the Bucks every game under Brad Stevens. I don't see this changing.
Philly, New York, Miami are jokes

I think Spurs will take a close one.

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
It would have been nice to post whether a game is home or away. In some cases it doesn't matter but in most it does.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
7-0

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
@ CLE -- I feel like the Celts are probably 55-45 favorites since the Cavs have no IT. 

MIL -- I'd give the Celts a 65-35 edge here.  At home, but a tough matchup.  Then again, it's second of a back-to-back.  So maybe more like 55-45.

@ PHI -- I like the Celts' odds here against a young team with many new pieces.  70-30

NYK -- Home for a bad Knicks teams.  Should be a win.  80-20

@ MIL -- Don't like this matchup, C's are better, but on the road ... 40-60

@ MIA -- Just-OK Miami team, but on the road ... 55-45

SAS -- Home for a good Spurs team that should still be getting its bearings, may not have all its guys.  60-40

I'm gonna say 5-2.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 02:19:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
@Cleveland: W
Milwaukee: L
@Philly: W
NYK: W
@Milwaukee: W
@Miami: L
SAS: L

We start the month well but finish 4-3. Everyone on Celticsblog is calm, recognizes that it's a long season, and maintains perspective at all times.

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

We start the month well but finish 4-3. Everyone on Celticsblog is calm, recognizes that it's a long season, and maintains perspective at all times.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 03:15:46 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

5:2 Would be amazing start. 4:3 is more realistic. I'll be calm, I promise.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Yeah, I think 4-3 is about right.  I said 5-2, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Looking at this with a clear head, 4-3 is a 60% win percentage (roughly), which is just about a 50 win pace.

That Jim Carrey .gif was more directed at the thing about Celticsblog being reasonable and having perspective following a 4-3 start.  ;)
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah, I think 4-3 is about right.  I said 5-2, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Looking at this with a clear head, 4-3 is a 60% win percentage (roughly), which is just about a 50 win pace.

It's not the toughest slate of games especially with no IT, possibly no LeBron or Kawhi. 7-0 wouldn't be absurd. But we generally struggle to start seasons under Brad and our core's gonna need time to gel.

That Jim Carrey .gif was more directed at the thing about Celticsblog being reasonable and having perspective following a 4-3 start.  ;)

Yes that was very very very tongue in cheek. Wouldn't have it any other way.

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 05:56:20 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
We always start slowly and with a new team have no chemistry. 3-4, and CB goes into complete meltdown mode with new threads every day discussing how horrible Ainge's offseason was and how CBS is overrated.

By the end of the year, the Cs are 55-27 and the people who started those threads are now starting threads saying what a genius DA is and nominating CBS for Coach of the Year.

Mike

I think 3-4 is a strong possibility.  A rookie and 2nd year guy probably in the starting lineup, 2 brand new guys at the helm of the offense, missing 2 key rotation bigs at the outset (Morris and Baynes), and the still unknown reliability of Marcus Smart's offense are some of the reasons beyond the obvious general overhaul.   This team, by all reason, shouldn't start the year off with a boatload of wins.   
In additions to predictably tough games v. Cleveland, Milwaukee (twice) and SAS, the Philly game has me worried.  With Embiid they are very dangerous to the C's, especially without the physicality that Baynes and Morris would provide in the C's 3rd game in 4 nights. 

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
We always start slowly and with a new team have no chemistry. 3-4, and CB goes into complete meltdown mode with new threads every day discussing how horrible Ainge's offseason was and how CBS is overrated.

By the end of the year, the Cs are 55-27 and the people who started those threads are now starting threads saying what a genius DA is and nominating CBS for Coach of the Year.

Mike

I think 3-4 is a strong possibility.  A rookie and 2nd year guy probably in the starting lineup, 2 brand new guys at the helm of the offense, missing 2 key rotation bigs at the outset (Morris and Baynes), and the still unknown reliability of Marcus Smart's offense are some of the reasons beyond the obvious general overhaul.   This team, by all reason, shouldn't start the year off with a boatload of wins.   
In additions to predictably tough games v. Cleveland, Milwaukee (twice) and SAS, the Philly game has me worried.  With Embiid they are very dangerous to the C's, especially without the physicality that Baynes and Morris would provide in the C's 3rd game in 4 nights. 

Mike

Will Baynes be out? Thought he was ready.

Hope Morris doesn't miss too much time. Could put us in a hole if he and Baynes both are out.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I almost want to go 2-5 just to see all the panicked posts.   

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 07:55:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The league has no idea what is about to come down on them.
Brad has never had this kind of talent in his entire career.

I agree with you. This team was built to play the Brad Stevens' system and they are going to run teams into the ground. The Celtics just picked up to all stars in their primes. I think The Celtics are being under rated at this point. The Celtics are going to the finals.

TP for getting me fired up about the season.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 10:36:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Mike
So,busy as usual here?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 02:06:02 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Chemistry to work on, so I see 4-3.

Losses coming from first Milwaukee Bucks game, then a trap game against New York Knicks, and then a loss against the tough Spurs who we haven't beaten since Shaq was still on this team. What a long streak of history with them lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)