Author Topic: Former Trump Advisor Threatens Left As 'Private Citizens'  (Read 521 times)

Former Trump Advisor Threatens Left As 'Private Citizens'
« on: October 14, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2291
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/919221080945856512

Former Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka: "The left has no idea how much more damage we can do to them as private citizens."

I misunderstood this.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:59:22 PM by indeedproceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Former Trump Advisor Threatens Left As 'Private Citizens'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 03:20:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 250
Good job threatening your own fellow Americans, former Trump advisor.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 03:30:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1073
The same thing Steve Bannon said?  Can take on the left outside of the swamp.

I swear some people are just looking to be outraged...

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yeah I misread the original quote.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:02:26 PM by indeedproceed »

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 755

That's a joke right? A former advisor to the president speaks openly about using their power to target political opponents and I'm 'just looking to be outraged'? You understand this difference between this and fascism is just following through with their threats?
This seems like a pretty large overreaction. They are leaving the government in order to pursue the same political goals as private citizens.

That doesn't really sound fascist to me.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge

That's a joke right? A former advisor to the president speaks openly about using their power to target political opponents and I'm 'just looking to be outraged'? You understand this difference between this and fascism is just following through with their threats?

You understand Bannon runs Breitbart correct? He is saying , just like Gorka, that they will be able to take on the left much more now that they are private citizens, instead of being in the swamp..

This thread is a joke

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1044
Well, that about takes the cake. What a colossally stupid thing to say.

What does that even mean? And what a way to continue to divide the country.   Yippee!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

You understand Bannon runs Breitbart correct? He is saying , just like Gorka, that they will be able to take on the left much more now that they are private citizens, instead of being in the swamp..

This thread is a joke

Yeah I made a mistake. I misread It as Gorka (as he does) speaking like he has some kind of agency within the administration still, and saying he's going to target people on the left using that power. Literally jumped to a conclusion, you get an unadulterated win here.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 04:07:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Bear in mind Gorka is a blowhard idiot. He's also a proud member of a Nazi-affiliated group from his native Hungary, so reading fascist overtones is pretty safe as well.

And since Bannon's come up, this seems like a good place to drop off this article for anyone who hasn't seen it yet - a detailed description, with internal emails, videos and personal accounts, of how Breitbart actively worked to insert more socially acceptable rephrasings of white supremacist ideology into mainstream right-wing discourse, including soliciting prominent neo-Nazis to review drafts of their articles:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?

It's probably fair to draw parallels here to the intent of Gorka's comments as well.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge

This thread is a joke

Yeah I made a mistake. I misread It as Gorka (as he does) speaking like he has some kind of agency within the administration still, and saying he's going to target people on the left using that power. Literally jumped to a conclusion, you get an unadulterated win here.

Don't worry about it, I have done the same before

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 04:15:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: -27980
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
I wish we didn't live in a world where we had to seek to "damage" those we disagreed with politically, but that ship has long since sailed.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 04:52:03 PM »

Offline jackpercussion

• Semi Ojeleye
  • Tommy Points: 7
So it's between the right wing Republican Neo-Nazi's versus the left wing Democrat pedophile rapists.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 05:24:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5151
So it's between the right wing Republican Neo-Nazi's versus the left wing Democrat pedophile rapists.
Way to label both sides of the political spectrum.

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 06:36:02 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1242
I wish we didn't live in a world where we had to seek to "damage" those we disagreed with politically, but that ship has long since sailed.

It may be sailing in that direction, but it can be stopped.   We definitely need leadership that we currently don't have either in the White House or in the minority leadership in the House or Senate.

With that said, John Kasich says the right (I mean correct) things, seems balanced in his views, and has desire to take us out of the Great Divide.   I also think Jeb Bush has the cross-party appeal, and Paul Ryan has likability -- these leaders could help to forge a return to civil discourse.   Joe Manchin and Mark Warner are 2 democrats who can speak the language of fiscal responsibility with credibility, but who remain buried on the democratic depth chart when it comes to party leadership.   

Sadly, media ideologues on talk radio and cable TV further the divide daily with aggressive one-sided perspective.  I credit MSNBC with providing Hugh Hewitt and Nicole Wallace with shows, but the nightly line-up is still predominantly hard-line progressive.  I think CNN makes attempts during each segment to provide voice to conservative perspective, but the liberal leaning of the moderators almost always leave you with an imbalance toward the left.

I think mostly it's the lack of respect for other points of view that bothers me.  The right is very quickly dismissed for racist undertones or lack of compassion for those in need; while the left is marginalized for political correctness and incentivizing freeloading.   Both stereotypes are unfair to the majority of us (and I believe it is a substantial majority) who do care about helping those in need AND who believe we are in the best position to provide opportunity for all when the economy is strong, when we are fiscally and morally responsible, and when we support individual freedoms with caveats when the greater good is at risk.  We lean a little left or a little right, we may have a hot-button issue or two that pulls us further in one direction or the other when that issue arises -- but, for the most part I think we can at least understand/respect one another's perspectives if we'd first listen and then seek to be understood -- rather than engage in knee-jerk attacks that tend to marginalize others and polarize positions.