Author Topic: Kyrie is vegan  (Read 7927 times)

Re: Kyrie is vegan
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
NOTE we do have incisors, they are not terribly effective to hunt with.

Predators kill with their hands and teeth. You go to the store and purchase.
Predators eats the flesh raw. You cook it it with butter and lots of salt.
Get real man you are not alpha or macho by eating meat you are just setting yourself for an early death. Real men show compassion.

But man has always used tools to kill his prey.  It has placed us, when we have these tools at the top of the food chain.   

I am taking your man card, so that people don't have to hear this drivel from a psuedo real man.  You are a fake real man!   JK

lol yea the food chain was great by Animal agriculture .. again rotting your brain ... but sure go one on one against a tiger without your little gun see whos on top of that chain then ..

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2017, 11:01:51 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
NOTE we do have incisors.

Gorillas, hippos, and baboons have some of  the largest incisors... they eats plants

Baboons eat meat. They even eat baboon meat. They're true omnivores.

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton

Gorillas, hippos, and baboons have some of  the largest incisors... they eats plants

Well Gelada babbons ... but your trying to nit pick since gorillas and hippos are veg... Also Elephants with those tusks ... another huge animal on top of the animal kingdom.

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 11:54:15 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Go Paleo.  "Eat like a predator, not like prey".

I'd respect a diet like that more if you were eating predators, if the menu were alligator, bear, shark. Instead of tame harmless cows.

Do you know how many bugs, snails and slugs cows devour without any regard to their very existence?

I don't really give an expletive about bugs. If world hunger could be cured by insect smoothies, I would not object. I recognize a hierarchy in the animal kingdom, with us humans, primates, mammals on top. Part of what sets us humans apart at the tippity top of animals is our intellectual ability to discern morals and buck natural programming, e.g., the inevitable (in decades or centuries) decision to refrain from eating other mammals because they've got too much personality, even though we evolved for millennia eating them.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2017, 12:12:17 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Hey, nice to see me and Kyrie somewhat relate!  8)

I'm more of a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian, but in emergency situations or if say, lots of places are closed lol, I'll eat chicken if I have to.

Had to break the tradition just recently though because I just HAD TO try the new Burger King Spicy Chicken Nuggets  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton

I'd respect a diet like that more if you were eating predators, if the menu were alligator, bear, shark. Instead of tame harmless cows.

Do you know how many bugs, snails and slugs cows devour without any regard to their very existence?

I don't really give an expletive about bugs. If world hunger could be cured by insect smoothies, I would not object. I recognize a hierarchy in the animal kingdom, with us humans, primates, mammals on top. Part of what sets us humans apart at the tippity top of animals is our intellectual ability to discern morals and buck natural programming, e.g., the inevitable (in decades or centuries) decision to refrain from eating other mammals because they've got too much personality, even though we evolved for millennia eating them.

Also worth noting cows are not consciously eating them... the cow desires to eat grass, not bugs.. how many bugs or whatever dies in vegetables is not in our hands... The moral of the story is doing as BEST as we possibly can..This is the ethical code... We dont eat meat to survive, we eat it as a luxury...

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
TPs to all for the help.

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
TPs to all for the help.

anytime man..

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2017, 02:58:05 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
https://www.si.com/eats/2017/10/12/kyrie-irving-celtics-plant-based-diet

Interesting. I wonder if it's really a vegan diet or just vegetarian with dairy and eggs included.

I like how he says our young players have old souls.

He is plant based ... its becoming a trend in the NBA now because its stops inflammation,helps recovery, increases energy, and helps maintain ideal playing weight... the eggs and dairy are heavy animal proteins that would just negatively affect the process.. Look at Wilson Chandlers story, pretty amaing..

As a vegan this is a key point. If your diet is free of animals then you are plant based.

Being vegan is a lifestyle not a diet.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2017, 04:05:21 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
So was Bill Walton.

correct me if im wrong, but Walton was a vegetarian not a vegan.

Regarding Kyrie, based on the very limited info available on the SI article he didn't go 100% vegan and it is not for life.

Vegan is a life choice, and not an easy one. It's not just eggs or milk, but even chewing gyms or wearing clothes made of leather.

Needless to say, this is hardly advisable long term for professional sportsmen.

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
but sure go one on one against a tiger without your little gun see whos on top of that chain then ..

We survived Smilodons and the like.  Man is a killer and he has killed on a scale that no predator can top.  Sure we need our tools.   

To each his own, on the diet thing.   Who cares if Kyrie as vegan.   The problem I have with Vegans is some of them act like they are better than us omnivores.  I suppose it is a defense mechanism for denying themselves meat.

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2017, 06:58:54 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Well Gelada babbons ... but your trying to nit pick since gorillas and hippos are veg... Also Elephants with those tusks ... another huge animal on top of the animal kingdom.

Yes, baboons nitpick too  ;). I thought it was worth the correction. I guess I could have let the incorrect information sit there.

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2017, 07:15:22 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

So you think it's an inevitable part of human development that we stop eating mammals? Do you think the fact that humans are still omnivorous is evidence that we haven't developed fully to the point of not eating other mammals?

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2017, 07:17:28 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
but sure go one on one against a tiger without your little gun see whos on top of that chain then ..

We survived Smilodons and the like.  Man is a killer and he has killed on a scale that no predator can top.  Sure we need our tools.   

To each his own, on the diet thing.   Who cares if Kyrie as vegan.   The problem I have with Vegans is some of them act like they are better than us omnivores.  I suppose it is a defense mechanism for denying themselves meat.

haha says the walking defense mechanism himself!!
I guess you havent read the posts by other blog members but we do care that he's vegan or plant based.. Its called progression .... let me guess Trump supporter as well right?

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2017, 07:20:14 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
and your first line of defense was ... "We have incisors"""

hahaha