Author Topic: Kyrie is vegan  (Read 7928 times)

Kyrie is vegan
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:02:21 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
I expect almost a supernatural MVP type of season..

Namaste.

Re: Kyrie is vegan
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does he eat kale ice cream?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
nah probably haagen daaz or ben and jerrys almond based ice creams...
kale ice cream Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is that?

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
So was Bill Walton.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
https://www.si.com/eats/2017/10/12/kyrie-irving-celtics-plant-based-diet

Interesting. I wonder if it's really a vegan diet or just vegetarian with dairy and eggs included.

I like how he says our young players have old souls.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
kale ice cream **** is that?

I misremembered. It's avocado ice cream, a Tom Brady specialty.  TB eats kale in everything else.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 01:05:39 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
a lot more players are eating vegan these days

oh sully.. if only
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
https://www.si.com/eats/2017/10/12/kyrie-irving-celtics-plant-based-diet

Interesting. I wonder if it's really a vegan diet or just vegetarian with dairy and eggs included.

I like how he says our young players have old souls.

He is plant based ... its becoming a trend in the NBA now because its stops inflammation,helps recovery, increases energy, and helps maintain ideal playing weight... the eggs and dairy are heavy animal proteins that would just negatively affect the process.. Look at Wilson Chandlers story, pretty amaing..

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
kale ice cream **** is that?

I misremembered. It's avocado ice cream, a Tom Brady specialty.  TB eats kale in everything else.

yea I did hear that one but have not tried it...  From what I've read TB is mostly vegan but then eats fish in the winter.. but no dairy or eggs... plus his delivery food service is all vegan

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
In all seriousness, being vegan should add a couple of years to his prime years and to his overall years in the league. It should also help his performance every year.  A proper vegan diet decreases inflammation and helps maintain joint health.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 01:31:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Good for him! It's hard being a vegan. Can't survive without my meat! Of course, I do have a fair share of veggies/salad/fruits too...  :P

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
In all seriousness, being vegan should add a couple of years to his prime years and to his overall years in the league. It should also help his performance every year.  A proper vegan diet decreases inflammation and helps maintain joint health.

Not to mention when he's in his 60's and 70's he lowers his chances of having to live on high-blood pressure medication, diabetes meds, and continual joint pain. We have 80 million Americans that can't survive without such medication.

Our meats, eggs, milk, and cheese are killing us because of the manipulation of our food producers.

Think of his...it's like it's 1960 and were being told cigarettes cause cancer and are bad for us.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 01:42:49 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
Good for him! It's hard being a vegan. Can't survive without my meat! Of course, I do have a fair share of veggies/salad/fruits too...  :P

You could dude... its really more of a mental thing than anything.. but I understand everyone is different and do not want to make that commitment... but the food is progressively much better and more attainable.. The new veggie burgers from Impossible and Beyond Meat really mimic the texture and taste of the real thing...

Its really refreshing to see the positivity from this thread on this topic..
It gets old when you talk about a plant based or vegan and some child rebuttals "bacon"..
to our health.. cheers

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 01:46:15 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

You could dude... its really more of a mental thing than anything.. but I understand everyone is different and do not want to make that commitment... but the food is progressively much better and more attainable.. The new veggie burgers from Impossible and Beyond Meat really mimic the texture and taste of the real thing...

It gets old when you talk about a plant based or vegan and some child rebuttals "bacon"..
to our health.. cheers
It is also an enviromental and for some a moral issue.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton

to our health.. cheers
It is also an enviromental and for some a moral issue.

yea it covers every negative issue out there ... environmentally its one of the top causes of green house emissions.. not to mention all the waste/excriment..

As far as butchering billions of animals per year is absurd... they are literally as charming as the dogs and cats we learn to love .. also workers rights in slaughterhouses are terrible.. even heard stories that they are not even allowed to use the restrooms.. These animals fight until their death so many workers often get injured in the process..

great documentaries on the issues:

What the Health (health)
Cowspiracy (environment)
Earthlings (ethical)