Author Topic: 2018 NBA Draft: Can anyone break into the top 5?  (Read 1245 times)

Re: 2018 NBA Draft: Can anyone break into the top 5?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 07:28:09 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 211
I think we will have only one draft at the 25-28 range... pointless to talk about lottery picks now

Unless you're basketball fan and not just a Celtics fan.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

Offline eja117

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1129
I'm thinking maybe Wendell Carter from Duke or (insert name here) from Kentucky or some such place could maybe make a huge tourney run of some sort and get in there.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 28
Wouldn't be shocked to see Speedy Claxton rise into the top 5.
Do you mean Collin Sexton?

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• Jayson Tatum
I'd love to get Ayton as our stretch-5 of the next 10 years, and since the Lakers won't make the playoffs there is technically a chance of us getting the 2/3 pick if the Lakers get the right ping-pong ball.  But they aren't going to be a bottom-5 team (barring some injury) so odds are we are looking to next-year's lottery.
It's because people have actually seen him play against good competition. Porter and Bagley are most likely unicorns, with Porter having a very advanced offensive game. Would love to see Ayton raise his stock with a little more effort and assertiveness. He's a beast physically but it doesn't always translate to his game on the court. At least not yet. Can't wait for the games to start, like this weekend!

Edit/Add: Robert Williams is suspended for Friday's game( and one other) so no need to scout A&M.

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 02:44:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 446
I think we will have only one draft at the 25-28 range... pointless to talk about lottery picks now

Lakers started off 6-4 last year.

Agreed, but they just didn't have the "competition" for the bottom-5 that they do this year. Nope, I'm not anticipating tanking. I think some of these teams are so bad that they don't need to tank.

Mike
Tickets for the 2017-18 season for sale at face value! Thread here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=93612.0

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• Jayson Tatum

Lakers started off 6-4 last year.

Agreed, but they just didn't have the "competition" for the bottom-5 that they do this year. Nope, I'm not anticipating tanking. I think some of these teams are so bad that they don't need to tank.

Mike
So far it looks like the bottom feeders will be, in no particular order, Atlanta, Chicago, Sacramento, Phoenix and Dallas. Some others have overachieved and some have underachieved so things will start to even out soon & we'll see what kind of shot we actually have at getting that top 5 pick this year.