Author Topic: Where's your excitement meter?  (Read 3771 times)

Re: Where's your excitement meter?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 08:09:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Because I am so unfamiliar with the players on this team, I am probably about a 5 out of 10. Give me a couple of weeks of getting used to our new men in green and I will be at ten, like always.

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 08:17:31 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
This is the most athletic Celtics team ever.

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 08:28:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
This is the most athletic Celtics team ever.
  Yeh.  Brown and Irving are freakishly athletic.  I went to a Cleveland game at the Garden last year (the regular season game that they won).  Our seats were in the very last row, but seeing Irving from high above was a real treat to watch.  You can really appreciate the knifing he does from above.  We're in for a treat with him.

IT was pretty fun too, but hey...onward and upward.
Yup

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
thru da roof!

still think we lose to Cleveland in the playoffs. but at least now I feel we have a shooters chance in making it difficult for them.

I am super jacked and my body is ready! Hopefully we can take cavs out. they are still loaded. sure hope D wade and D rose are washed up. will be enough dealing with lebaby and loverboy. but we are light years better this year as well. however we still have to do way better to even make it a series.

That is the big question. we were destroyed in 5 games. we need to take these clowns to 7 and we need homecourt. I mean i am not expecting to beat them in less than 7. we still have to get back over the lebron hump.  Sure we have beaten him before a few times in the playoffs and we took him to 7 in 2012. we need to get over the hump and get past him.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 08:34:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
To be honest - VERY high - only tempered by me missing IT and Jae.

But watching last night's game - only for about a quarter or so before I fell asleep - was AWESOME.

I know it was "just" a pre-season game but this team is so dynamic offensively, now.

I'm starting to believe that Kyrie "may" just be the Real Deal. He still has HUGE shoes to fill IMO but I think his feet is getting bigger.

I was also impressed by Jaylen Brown's defense - especially against Kemba. He was able to keep him in front of him and got a good block on him as well.

He also - just a few min later - got ANOTHER block with the LEFT hand on a CHA player.

The Haymaker was impressive as well. He is my Glue Guy. He seemed to fill needs where ever he saw them. May be the most well-rounded player we have and that's no offense to Big Al or Kyrie. Love his motor.

Aron Baynes didn't even play - which he will be a key piece for us with his large frame and presence.

Jayson will be HUGE once he gets his sea legs under him. He's so fluid. Once the game slows down he'll make an impact for us this year.

Coach Brad Stevens - after what - 4 years? in the league FINALLY has his horses. This season and the near future will be fun.

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 08:44:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

But watching last night's game - only for about a quarter or so before I fell asleep - was AWESOME.

I know it was "just" a pre-season game but this team is so dynamic offensively, now.

I'm starting to believe that Kyrie "may" just be the Real Deal. He still has HUGE shoes to fill IMO but I think his feet is getting bigger.

I was also impressed by Jaylen Brown's defense - especially against Kemba. He was able to keep him in front of him and got a good block on him as well.

He also - just a few min later - got ANOTHER block with the LEFT hand on a CHA player.

The Haymaker was impressive as well. He is my Glue Guy. He seemed to fill needs where ever he saw them. May be the most well-rounded player we have and that's no offense to Big Al or Kyrie. Love his motor.

Aron Baynes didn't even play - which he will be a key piece for us with his large frame and presence.

Jayson will be HUGE once he gets his sea legs under him. He's so fluid. Once the game slows down he'll make an impact for us this year.

Coach Brad Stevens - after what - 4 years? in the league FINALLY has his horses. This season and the near future will be fun.

I'd ideally like to see both of these guys in the starting lineup at some point, fairly soonish.  I think Tatum gets in there pretty quickly if he shows much of anything.
Yup

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 08:57:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I'd ideally like to see both of these guys in the starting lineup at some point, fairly soonish.  I think Tatum gets in there pretty quickly if he shows much of anything.

Would not be surprised once Brad employs such a lineup.

We're going to exploit many teams this season.

If we can get by CLE we're going to match up better than many of us believe vs GSW.

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
3/10.  Excited for the NBA season to tip off again.  But the last few seasons have been very predictable at the top.  While OKC or HOU could make things a little more interesting out West, I'm sure it'll be another GSW championship over CLE. 

As for the Celtics, one of their youngest players (and most tenured) commented that the team doesn't have an identity yet.  I think that's pretty clear.  It'll take patience for those fans who appreciate the storyline to become more excited, imo.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 09:43:00 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Mine is All the Way Up.

The Celtics aren't winning a championship but finally this team has some swag, style, and finesse mixed in with the grit and toughness old school fans like to see. The whole PP-KG-RA era was other people calling the Celtics old and tired, but now they've got a couple of young stars and potentially a couple of younger stars in the making.

Even if Irving leaves after 2 years, it's all good. I'm sure it'll be fun while it lasts.

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 09:49:30 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 10:04:10 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Most excited about the team since the start of 2007-08 season.
There is a good chance Stevens could get this team to be one of the top 3 offenses in the league , should be exciting to see the pace that the team plays at this season.

So about an 8 out of 10 on my excitement meter.

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 11:04:29 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
What is every one so excited about?  What exactly do you like about this team that we know nothing about?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC