Author Topic: Where's your excitement meter?  (Read 3786 times)

Re: Where's your excitement meter?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
In the negatives...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 06:52:01 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
What is every one so excited about?  What exactly do you like about this team that we know nothing about?

Long, athletic, young team. Much better than short, finesse, overachieving team. The defense will be much improved, that is what excites me the most. Watch CBS work his magic now with legit talent.

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 07:52:34 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 07:55:20 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Exactly!
Yes! One of the greatest movies of all time.  Unforgettable line, "This one goes to eleven"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 08:46:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm very excited, although I expect there to be some growing pains.  Hopefully we can keep this team together a few years and get to a point where we can challenge Golden State.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
In the negatives...

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
What is every one so excited about?  What exactly do you like about this team that we know nothing about?

The excitement for the unknown is higher than the known, in my eyes.

I like a lot about this team. Kyrie. Hayward. Tatum. Very excited to see these guys play.

I'm psyched that our young, high draft picks will get minutes (Smart, Brown, Tatum). That doesn't happen if we didn't unload Bradley and Crowder.

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 09:34:44 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I like a lot about this team. Kyrie. Hayward. Tatum. Very excited to see these guys play.

I'm psyched that our young, high draft picks will get minutes (Smart, Brown, Tatum). That doesn't happen if we didn't unload Bradley and Crowder.

I get that, actually.  I can buy into that.  And I'm really excited to see Brown and Tatum develop, even Smart.  But Kyrie?  Why?  Please help me like him.  Give me anything other than very talented ball-handler and shooter.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 12:32:53 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
It is the time that making predictions and conjecture make an exit and they bring the pudding in. The proof, reality or what will be is here (in a few days at least). This is exciting for the optimist and sceptic. If you love the game or just want to be proven right, now is the time.

Since this is what we wait for each year and this year offers the Celtic fan so much, I have to be 10/10. Since Stevens arrived the groups of players he has controlled have 'over achieved'. Ainge has made additions which mostly improved the team (IT, Crawford etc). Both these guys know what they are doing.

I have confidence that Ainge has made great moves and Stevens will be able to get as much as anyone out of this team. People don't make as much of the fact that Stevens too is yet to reach his prime as an NBA coach. He is smart, focussed, determined and most importantly has the new toys to get things done with.

Not many pundits expect the Celtics to win the East and fewer still expect even this team to be able to compete with GSW. I am confident that Stevens can lift this team to 'over achieve'. I have the Celtics in the NBA finals and closer to GSW than many would expect. I also have a feeling that this team could get an exceptional addition during the season when it becomes clearer where teams are with their playoff chances.

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 04:04:41 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I get that, actually.  I can buy into that.  And I'm really excited to see Brown and Tatum develop, even Smart.  But Kyrie?  Why?  Please help me like him.  Give me anything other than very talented ball-handler and shooter.
Because he might have the best handle of all time.

That's watching greatness

Also in an era of super teams and stars teaming up Kyrie said he wanted to go his own path.

I get that he's weird and obxnoxious and went to duke, but cmon, he's one of the most exciting players in the entire league.

I will never understand why people do this where they pretend they don't understand why people feel a certain way and then after asking for someone to explain they say "and don't give me [incredibly valid reason]" or "give me something other than [massive reason]"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2017, 04:14:13 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I couldn't be more excited to watch Kyrie play for the Celtics.

I'm also super excited to see Hayward and Tatum make their debuts.

I'm similarly hyped about the development of Smart and a Brown.  Around the league every team got new uniforms, many teams loaded up adding stars. How will mommy do with Jimmy Butler? Houston with Chris Paul? OKC with Melo and PG? So many exciiing players in new places.

My excitement level would be a 15/10 if the Warriors didn't exist... but they do. Their status as overwhelming favorites makes it tough to really get to excitied because not a single team outside GS is anything more than a long shot.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2017, 04:40:38 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I couldn't be more excited to watch Kyrie play for the Celtics.

I'm also super excited to see Hayward and Tatum make their debuts.

I'm similarly hyped about the development of Smart and a Brown.  Around the league every team got new uniforms, many teams loaded up adding stars. How will mommy do with Jimmy Butler? Houston with Chris Paul? OKC with Melo and PG? So many exciiing players in new places.

My excitement level would be a 15/10 if the Warriors didn't exist... but they do. Their status as overwhelming favorites makes it tough to really get to excitied because not a single team outside GS is anything more than a long shot.

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2017, 05:37:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
8.5/10

Really excited to see all the new guys and how they gel with Brad and each other. I don't think that this is our year, so to speak, as two of our key pieces are still incredibly young in JB and JT.

Should be good fun
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So how about now?  I'm guessing some meters have probably moved since last week?

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
With 1 being the start of the 13-14 tankfest season and 10 being the 2008 Finals, right now, today, I'm at like a 5. As we get closer to Tuesday it'll keep climbing and I'll probably be around 8 by tipoff.

Ok, I'm just about up to an 8 now.  Should be a fun night.