Author Topic: IT: “I should have sat out the playoffs. No doubt I made the hip worse.”  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
After Kyrie injured his knee in the playoffs 3 years ago, his dad had a non-team doctor look at it. That's what players should do with serious injuries.

Unfortunately, Isaiah's dad was not a former professional basketball player.
what does that have to do with anything? 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I would absolutely feel the same way.  As I mentioned in the other thread, IT truly gave everything he had and fully invested in every aspect of playing for the Boston Celtics.  He has always been counted out and I'm sure the stability in Boston was a dream come true.  Boston was way more than a basketball experience for IT and we should all appreciate his desire to become part of the community. 

Imagine if LeBron bails on the Cavs after the season and IT isn't quite right after returning?  I wish he would have kept the Ainge comments to himself but I can understand the way he feels.  The fact of the matter is that he might end up getting the short end of the stick while the Celtics become a perennial title contender.  I wish nothing but a full recovery for IT.   

Agreed.  IT will aways be one of my favorite Celtics.  I hope he comes back better then ever.  He deserves to get paid.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
With all respect to IT...just like the Brinks Truck comment, please realize enough is enough. The trade happened, deal with it.

Each team tries to bring the best product they can to the table, pure and simple, nothing personal.

Just because a player "gives his all," doesn't assure him of a position for life with the organization. You would think he'd realize this after being traded 3 times now.

Get healthy, come back strong, do your thing.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
With all respect to IT...just like the Brinks Truck comment, please realize enough is enough. The trade happened, deal with it.

Each team tries to bring the best product they can to the table, pure and simple, nothing personal.

Just because a player "gives his all," doesn't assure him of a position for life with the organization. You would think he'd realize this after being traded 3 times now.

Get healthy, come back strong, do your thing.

you mean you aren't ready to erect an "IT " statue to put beside Red ....LOL

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
IT4, just stop. You're playing next to one of the best players in the world. You will be contending for multiple titles as long as that guy is on the court next to you.

You should be thanking Ainge he traded you to Cleveland than say Detroit or the tough West.

Hmm... Kyrie begged out of "playing next to one of the best players in the world".   Maybe that's not the number one priority for either Kyrie or Isaiah?
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.