Author Topic: NBA Mock Drafts ....Before and After  (Read 3188 times)

NBA Mock Drafts ....Before and After
« on: October 12, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Here is a mock draft from nbadraft.net
I just want to follow some of these before the college season begins and see how these players move up and down from the original rankings.
#   Team   Player   H   W   P   School   C

1      *Cleveland  Michael Porter 6-10   215   SF   Missouri   Fr.

2         Phoenix     Marvin Bagley 6-11   225   PF   Duke   Fr.

3       *Boston    DeAndre Ayton 7-0   260   C   Arizona   Fr.

4     Philadelphia   Mohamed Bamba 7-0   215   C   Texas   Fr.

5     Orlando   Luka Doncic 6-7   220   SG/SF   Slovenia   Intl.

6   *Minnesota  Jaren Jackson Jr. 6-11   240   PF   Michigan St.   Fr.

7     New York   Wendell Carter 6-10   260   PF/C   Duke   Fr.

8     Sacramento   Robert Williams 6-9   240   PF/C   Texas A&M   So.

9     Dallas   Kevin Knox 6-9   210   SF/PF   Kentucky   Fr.

10     New Orleans   Collin Sexton 6-2   185   PG   Alabama   Fr.

11     Charlotte   Lamar Peters 6-1   190   PG   Mississippi St.   So.

12     Detroit   Nick Richards 6-11   240   C   Kentucky   Fr.

13     Denver   Gary Trent Jr. 6-6   215   SG   Duke   Fr.

14     *Phoenix Rui Hachimura 6-8   225   SF   Gonzaga   So.

15     Chicago   Miles Bridges 6-7   230   SF/PF   Michigan St.   So.

16     Indiana   Killian Tillie 6-10   200   SF/PF   Gonzaga   So.

17     Milwaukee   Chimezie Metu 6-10   225   PF/C   USC   Jr.

18     Portland   Brandon McCoy 7-0   255   C   UNLV   Fr.

19     Atlanta   Bruce Brown 6-5   200   SG   Miami   So.

20     Memphis   Troy Brown 6-7   210   SG   Oregon   Fr.

21     *Minnesota Mikal Bridges 6-7   200   SG/SF   Villanova   Jr.

22     Washington   Austin Wiley 6-11   255   C   Auburn   So.

23     Toronto   Trevon Duval 6-2   190   PG   Duke   Fr.

24     LA Clippers   Alize Johnson 6-9   205   PF   Missouri State   Sr.

25     Utah   Jarred Vanderbilt 6-9   215   SF   Kentucky   Fr.

26     Cleveland   Hamidou Diallo 6-5   200   SG   Kentucky   Fr.

27     Boston       Rodions Kurucs 6-8   220   SF   Latvia   Intl.

28   *Atlanta        Mitchell Robinson 7-1   225   C   USA   Fr.

29     San Antonio   Grayson Allen 6-5   210   SG   Duke   Sr.

30     Golden St.   Aubrey Dawkins 6-6   205   SG/SF   Central Florida   Jr.

Re: NBA Mock Drafts ....Before and After
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
If anyone wants to post other mock drafts before the season starts, feel free. I didn't post a Draft Express mock since they no longer exist & I hate BSPN so much so that I don't give them any clicks.

Here is the link to NBADRAFT.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:37:56 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
It'd be pretty amazing if we ended up with Ayton

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
It'd be pretty amazing if we ended up with Ayton

Yeah, getting to choose between Ayton, Doncic and Bamba would be a dream scenario.  I wonder how much New Orleans would covet any of these guys if New Orleans falters this year.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:47:33 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If anyone wants to post other mock drafts before the season starts, feel free. I didn't post a Draft Express mock since they no longer exist & I hate BSPN so much so that I don't give them any clicks.

Here is the link to NBADRAFT.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Just pointing out that the Draft Express guys were hired by ESPN because they a) did the best job, but b) weren’t getting enough revenue being a free site.  I don’t love ESPN, but understand that they fired the oft-mocked Chad Ford in order to bring in Draft Express.  Assuming they’re largely given editorial freedom, ESPN’s coverage should now be the best out there.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Gary Trent Jr.
Man, NBA is like a family business now.
Each year someone "new" comes.

I remember, when Dirk came to the States (looking like an ice-cream stick), Mavs were giving him a Gary Trent (6'8'', 250!) training regime to up his strength/mass. I remember that guy and he was built like a tank and was basically in the league cause of his power. So, this 19-year-old kid from Germany has to do all that workload and it's not easy on him between the games, fans shouting: "Bust!" and all. So, Nowitzki urged his ex-coach Holger Geschwindner to talk (some sense into) his current coaching staff and ease up on the weights.
After 30000 points, looks like Dirk didn't have to be as strong as Gary Trent after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txe_qukckDg
here is the only vid of Gary Trent I have found. it is probably the worst looking vid ever (4 pixels total) and the dunk on it looks like a pond of mud during strong winds.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
interesting they think Brooklyn will end up with the top pick again and Cleveland having the pick of the litter.  would really PO'ed if that happened --> Danny should have put the same top-pick protection on it that Philly did to us with the Laker/Sac pick.

with the way the talent has transitioned to the West in the league, I think Brooklyn will end up around the 5th pick with the Lakers now likely to be top 3.

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
interesting they think Brooklyn will end up with the top pick again and Cleveland having the pick of the litter.  would really PO'ed if that happened --> Danny should have put the same top-pick protection on it that Philly did to us with the Laker/Sac pick.

with the way the talent has transitioned to the West in the league, I think Brooklyn will end up around the 5th pick with the Lakers now likely to be top 3.
Brooklyn will not be the worst team this year.  not even close, though that doesn't mean they won't win the lottery.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Brooklyn will not be the worst team this year.  not even close, though that doesn't mean they won't win the lottery.
they'll still stink.  it's only because they're in the East that they'll likely end up with a better record than the Lakers.

if that pick should end up #1 it'd be justification for someone whacking Danny upside the head at courtside the following season for being a moron for not adding that top-pick protection

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

they'll still stink.  it's only because they're in the East that they'll likely end up with a better record than the Lakers.

if that pick should end up #1 it'd be justification for someone whacking Danny upside the head at courtside the following season for being a moron for not adding that top-pick protection

He might not have been able to protect the pick. Plus if it ended up like this you would end up with the 3rd pick when you already have a bunch of young players. #1 pick or not the pick is likely trade bait unless ownership feels like they dont want to take on that high of a tax hit by trading it for a max player.

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I don't understand the Brooklyn love.  I think they'll be among the bottom 3 in the league. 

The Lakers I think will be 4-7th worst.....if Lopez stays healthy probably 6th or 7th worst. 

Is this Kyle Kuzma guy for real?  Anyone know if he's as good as he's looked since being drafted?

I think getting the Lakers pick this year will take some real nail biting and major luck.   

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 02:10:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I don't understand the Brooklyn love.  I think they'll be among the bottom 3 in the league. 

The Lakers I think will be 4-7th worst.....if Lopez stays healthy probably 6th or 7th worst. 

Is this Kyle Kuzma guy for real?  Anyone know if he's as good as he's looked since being drafted?

I think getting the Lakers pick this year will take some real nail biting and major luck.

I think Kuzma will come back to earth a little once teams key in on him and they will because of all the hype. He is a very good hustle player and he shot lights out this summer. At 22 I think he was a little more ready than some of the kids in his draft class. I think he should start over Randle but he may be better served coming off the bench.

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

There were really no protection DA could've put on the pick, unless it involved the LAL pick, since right now we don't have any more "lottery" picks left. Cleveland, I'm sure, wanted a pick NOW that they could dangle in a trade or rebuild right away if LBJ and Isaiah both leave. Putting protection on it would've been VERY complicated, if not impossible in CLE's eyes. We know Memphis could be a lotto pick but that could feasibly still be a few years away.
That said, I don't know if Brooklyn is a lock for a top 3 pick or not (though I agree that they are a bad team) but it was either that or Kyrie was going elsewhere. I'm happy we got Kyrie. He's a budding superstar.