Author Topic: marcus is unrecognizable except on defense  (Read 1617 times)

marcus is unrecognizable except on defense
« on: October 12, 2017, 05:32:30 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
He is so much quicker, this gives him a different gear and allows him to be patient in the paint.Also he has added feints when he passes and allows him to use dribble skills.
We not only have Morris,Hayward and Irving but you might as well say an upgraded Marcus and Rozier.
Tatum is so long and smooth, he moves like he is not a rookie I once marveled at the succession of tennis greats Bjorn Borg,Sampras,Fedderer in tennis and for years almost unbeatable.
They had that economy of motion, a smoothness coupled with positioning and length that gave off a calmness of invincibility.
.Thats what Tatum reminded me of-Remember in summer league hitting that winning mid range and coming off with that hand motion. Keep it down, stay cool .stay calm ,stay focused--- be humble.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:39:00 AM by rollie mass »

Re: marcus is unrecognizable except on defense
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:39:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
TP for the tennis GOATs comparison since I am a tennis player and I see the similarities.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:26:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Chauncey Billups seems to have really helped him out this off-season (among others). Really liked what I've seen from him this year on both ends of the court.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 06:43:37 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Seeing what skinny Marcus is going to do this year is turning into the number 1 thing Im excited about watching this year. between him recapturing his explosiveness we saw in college coupled with his shooting cotinuing to evolve, he could easily be the player that turns this team from an ecf contender to a banner 18 contender. Its not hyoerbole either. Hehe could be a dpoy candidate while dropping 15 a game. Maybe an all star. Brad may not be able to take him off the court against certain teams (like gsw).

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 07:52:55 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
No lies I've always liked Marcus the hustle king but always hated pretty much everything else about his game. Slow first step, unable to finish, shaky jumper with poor shot selection.

I don't know who this guy that's wearing Smart's jersey this preseason but I like him a lot! Hell if this is the guy we're getting this year it will be an upgrade over Bradley and no ones a bigger AB fan than me.
ok fine

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 08:18:42 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Seeing what skinny Marcus is going to do this year is turning into the number 1 thing Im excited about watching this year. between him recapturing his explosiveness we saw in college coupled with his shooting cotinuing to evolve, he could easily be the player that turns this team from an ecf contender to a banner 18 contender. Its not hyoerbole either. Hehe could be a dpoy candidate while dropping 15 a game. Maybe an all star. Brad may not be able to take him off the court against certain teams (like gsw).
Yup.  Marcus Smart has always been my "player to watch" this season that could make that difference.  He also stated in a recent interview he wants to win DPOY.

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Yeah, preseason went about as well as it possibly could have for him. Most encouraging thing is the way he's been driving and finishing - he's significantly quicker now. His shooting form and percentages are mildly encouraging, but it's too small a sample to say that his shot is genuinely improved.

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 09:03:05 AM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Yup.  Marcus Smart has always been my "player to watch" this season that could make that difference.  He also stated in a recent interview he wants to win DPOY.

If preseason is a solid indicator of his improvement and commitment to continuing to improve, he also stands a chance for 6th Man of the Year AND Most Improved Player, IMHO. 
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/