Author Topic: Who is comparing IT4 to Kyrie ?  (Read 1558 times)

Who is comparing IT4 to Kyrie ?
« on: October 11, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I mean it's not even close. Maybe defensively close. Maybe. Offensively, one is unstoppable, & the other can be stopped.

Take a wild guess.

Danny wins another one, hands down.

Re: Who is comparing IT4 to Kyrie ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:35:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
It was a scoring machine 30 points and also made

the opponent a scoring machine giving up 25 points to being short .

Net result

5 freakin points .

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

Net result

5 freakin points .

I can't believe people actually thought it was a close comparison when it went down.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 08:47:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
IT was better than Kyrie last year. That's not really debatable. More points in fewer shots, better efficiency, more assists, etc.

Whether IT ever reaches those heights again, or whether Kyrie ever does, is a question mark. What isn't is that IT had a better year last season than Kyrie has had to date.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Net result

5 freakin points .

I mean, can't you do better than to make stuff up?

IT outscored opponents by a net +16.6 points per 48 minutes.

Kyrie was +10.5 points better per 48 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:52:40 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
IT was better than Kyrie last year. That's not really debatable. More points in fewer shots, better efficiency, more assists, etc.

Whether IT ever reaches those heights again, or whether Kyrie ever does, is a question mark. What isn't is that IT had a better year last season than Kyrie has had to date.
for sure

but who would you put money on this year?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Net result

5 freakin points .

I mean, can't you do better than to make stuff up?

Kyrie outscored opponents by a net +16.6 points per 48 minutes.

Kyrie was +10.5 points better per 48 minutes.

So, does that mean IT outscored his opponents by +6.1 points per 48?

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

for sure

....AND for the next five years.

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 09:08:47 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

for sure

....AND for the next five years.
TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The one highlight alert I received tonight was Kyrie with a "cutesie" dribble around Howard.  Cool and fancyyy. Does that make him a... confetti cupcake?  Nothing has changed. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 09:17:02 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Once again, you cannot compare the two seasons given that Kyrie was forced to squeeze his game into being what Lebron wanted it to be (as does everybody who plays with Lebron).  How many star players have shared the court with Lebron in the past?  Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Love?  How many of those guys have had to restrict / compromise their game to some degree when they joined up with Lebron?  All of them.  Chris Bosh and Kevin Love even publically commented on how difficult it is/was playing with Lebron, because of how dramatically they had to change their games (and how much less freedom they had). 

In the meantime IT was given the keys to the Celtics and ultimately had completely freedom to play the game freely however he wanted to, with the rest of the team pretty much falling in line around him.

So you really CANNOT compare those two seasons in terms of outright products.  If IT is able to out-produce Kyrie this season (when their situations are reversed) then I will give it to you and acknowledge that your point is valid.  But I'm willing to bet that that doesn't happen.  I'm wiling to bet that Isaiah's numbers are going to go down significantly, while Kyrie's will go up significantly - and the Kyrie will have a (significantly) more productive season. 

Lets see how that pans out, shall we?

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 09:17:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
#1 VS #60 I think it is a testament to IT that he is even in the conversation here.

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
#1 VS #60 I think it is a testament to IT that he is even in the conversation here.

Oh, I don't think anybody could ever deny how amazing it is, what IT has achieved.

I loved every minute of watching in a Boston jersey the past couple of seasons.  What he has done given his physical limitations is out of this world.  He has a giant heart, and even bigger will, and nobody can ever take away from him the amazing things he achieved in Boston last season.

But comparing him to Kyrie Irving, and Kyrie is simply the better player.  Aside from drawing fouls, I can't really think of a single other clear-cut thing that IT does better then Kyrie.  I'm trying hard, and I cannot think of one.  Anything that anybody brings up would be considered highly debatable. 

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

You are a smart man. Come on.

If given the choice to start your team right now, who are you taking ? That's what I thought. Isn't even debatable.

Hands down, 99.9 % of the people are taking Kyrie. Those who wouldn't have brain damage.

100% of NBA GM's take Kyrie, because it isn't close. No comparison.

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:21 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

You are a smart man. Come on.

If given the choice to start your team right now, who are you taking ? That's what I thought. Isn't even debatable.

Hands down, 99.9 % of the people are taking Kyrie. Those who wouldn't have brain damage.

100% of NBA GM's take Kyrie, because it isn't close. No comparison.
Pretty much what it comes down to.  I don't think even Roy can debate this.  I have a feeling that people will look back in the future and laugh that this was even a debate.