Author Topic: Thomas " I may never speak to Danny Again"  (Read 18390 times)

Re: Thomas " I may never speak to Danny Again"
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Isaiah Thomas isn't sure he could ever speak to Danny Ainge again. "It takes more than talent. [Celtics] lost a lot of heart and soul."

A guy who believe he is the heart and soul of a team never tells the world the team lost one

I let CBS coach sometimes.... Back up the Brinks truck...

Kind of glad we traded this little kocky sog .... at the end of the day....

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I wish IT the best and I totally understand him.

These feelings will get better over time but I get that he's still upset on how it happened.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 03:55:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I wonder what Danny’s call to IT the day he was traded was like...

It went down like this...

IT was on vacation I believe travelling in a vehicle when he got the call from Danny.  Initially IT thought Danny was just checking up or possibly going to inform him on another player being traded. 

Danny and IT exchanged brief pleasantries before Danny cut to the chase "IT, Im calling to tell you I've traded you to the Cavs for Kyrie".  Danny goes on to talk about everything IT has meant to the Celtics and Boston but IT cuts him off short "Thank you for what your saying but I really just have to let you go".  Conversation ends, it was brief and to the point.
maybe but Danny said in a presser the day of the trade that it was a very emotional private convo
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:01:01 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
A lot of times I see fans on the board try to "dehumanize" sports and I think it's a ridiculous notion. Not everyone is a fan because of geography, I for example am a Celtics fan because of Pierce and how he fought for his team. I respected that drive to become better and destroy opponents for his team and yes he became rich while doing it but that doesn't mean he didn't "bleed green".

I.T. bled green by every definition of the term, he gave his all and then some for this team. So even though Danny may have made the "right" decision, that doesn't mean we have to trivialize someone's sacrifice by saying, "oh he's rich" or "it's the business of basketball".

If I.T. had won a title in Bean Town it would be 10 times bigger than our better, but manufactured team. Only 4 guys on this team fought through our rebuild... and even now Smart doesn't have an extension offer. Winning is great, but winning with your guys is even better.

Much love I.T. ... It'll always be love.

Wait our better but manufactured team? On the 2008 team 2 of the 3 best players werent on the team the year before and 4 of the top 7 werent either. This team is very similar to that one except you dont have a guy who has been here 4 or 5 years that you have grown to love.

I get it, IT brought alot to the table but at no point last year or even this year before the trade did I think they were going to be in the title hunt unless Brown or Tatum got them there being major contributors and that wouldnt have likely have happened with Crowder still here.

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 04:01:22 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Not for nothing, but why is IT still talking about Boston? I totally understand that he may be bitter about the whole situation, but he should move on and focus on Cleveland. It's almost as if he keeps looking over his shoulder, and hoping it was all a bad dream, so that he can come running back to Boston and wants nothing to do with Cleveland.

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 04:02:09 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18

IT was on vacation I believe travelling in a vehicle when he got the call from Danny.  Initially IT thought Danny was just checking up or possibly going to inform him on another player being traded. 

Danny and IT exchanged brief pleasantries before Danny cut to the chase "IT, Im calling to tell you I've traded you to the Cavs for Kyrie".  Danny goes on to talk about everything IT has meant to the Celtics and Boston but IT cuts him off short "Thank you for what your saying but I really just have to let you go".  Conversation ends, it was brief and to the point.
maybe but Danny said in a presser the day of the trade that it was a very emotional private convo

Im repeating exactly what IT said about it.  Doesn't seem like he is lying or would have reason to lie.

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I never understood the vindictiveness some people here have for IT. He tried his heart out and worked his butt off for the Celtics while he was here. Kyrie is an upgrade and Danny did the right thing for the team given the circumstances but IT wouldn't be the competitive player he is if he admitted that. It's natural for him to feel bitterness, anyone would in his position. He felt he gave the team everything and his reward was to be traded from a city and a team he loved. In his position would anyone feel differently from an emotional point of view?

The reality is that in professional sports nobody is owed anything other than the money that they are being paid. There's no loyalty in professional sports. Danny's job is to make sure the Celtics are the best they can be, in both the short and the long terms. IT probably forgot that, thought he had found a home here, thought he would be here as a long termer. He was reminded of the realities of professional sports when a better opportunity for the team came along and Danny took it and good on Danny for doing that. That's Danny's job.

But there's really no need to be vindictive towards the guy, he did the team, the organization and the fan base proud while he was here. It will probably take him a while to get over it and that's understandable. We can at least try to be gracious towards the guy.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 04:22:43 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If he hadn't been traded, he would've become a free agent next year, and if Ainge didn't offer him the max, he would've taken it from another team, and in that event we wouldn't be hearing that Ainge refuses to talk to Isaiah again.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
He'll get over it eventually. Get healthy first dude.

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 04:33:43 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Lately in starting to wonder is there is truth to the rumors that IT was a locker room issue.  He always appears to have been a rational guy in the past, but since the trade has gone on a lot of odd,  (and in some cases borderline delusional) rants that leave me wondering if he is, mentally, quite right.

I totally get he's been through a lot and can get him being hurt by the move...but almost every time I've seen a star get traded they give the usual ™is a business and they need to do what they feel is best for the team" response. I get he has extra attachment emotionally this season for a variety reasons but still...

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 04:33:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
ah heck.....whats a measly 80 million between two friends....

Forgive and forget.

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 04:54:56 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Im repeating exactly what IT said about it.  Doesn't seem like he is lying or would have reason to lie.

I'm not so sure after how all over the place he's been lately.

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm obviously in IT's corner here.  The trade probably makes us better long-term, but doesn't change that fact.  Imo, this comment reflects the chip on IT's shoulder that has made him a great player.  Wish the very best for him, hope to see him play in the Finals. 

The unfortunate part, from a selfish standpoint, is that I'm certain I won't warm up to Kyrie in the same way.  We were lucky to have IT in Boston.  I wish Ainge had traded in his chips for another guy that represented what Boston is all about. 

I've always preferred to root for a team that may fall just short, but has an identity I can really appreciate and get behind.  I don't see that with this team yet.  But I sincerely hope a couple of our current guys wear their hard hats to work. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:26:33 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 05:26:31 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I'm surprised there isn't a level of understanding yet. I can understand if these were his thoughts directly after the trade, but after all this time he still doesn't acknowledge that Ainge did what he thought was best for the team?

After all, Thomas was the one who implied that if Boston doesn't give him a max contract, he'd have to find it somewhere else because he needed to do what was best for his family. Ainge has the same priority. If he wishes to stay employed he has to make every move that he feels makes this team better.

Unfortunately it's a business.

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 05:45:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
ah heck.....whats a measly 80 million between two friends....

Forgive and forget.

Ainge prob crying his heart out right now