Author Topic: ESPN analyst actually makes an intelligent and non-hyped statement!!!  (Read 3205 times)

Re: ESPN analyst actually makes an intelligent and non-hyped statement!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I have to agree.

I mean, look at the Timberwolves - despite having three young guys (Towns, Wiggins and Lavine) all putting up between 18-25 PPG, and a relatively decent overall roster, they haven't been able to appear even remotely competitive.

Looking at the totality of the 76ers roster - even when healthy, does that roster honestly look any better then Minnesota's last year, or the Pelican's after the Cousins trade? I don't think so.

Once you throw in the question marks around Fultz, Simmons and Embiid - it's not looking great for them.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 07:39:51 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
With not much to work with, going off to clear 2X max cap space and trying to find a pair of bosom buddies to come lead their young and role players to the playoffs. Their location/relatively easy travel might be a plus. Sadly, cheesesteak likely not core to the NBA athlete diet. I mean, that's why I'm not in the league.

Anyway, they're screwed if they don't hit on at least two players after all that, including being healthy. It's still possible, but looking harder all the time as Embiid is like Joe Glass.

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Doesn't matter how talented a young team is it takes time even in a weak Eastern conference. Their goal should be to win 35 games this season. Embiid won't play half the season again due either to injury or caution so that takes away their one true best player.

It takes time? This will be the fifth year of tanking. And yes it will once again be tanking. How many years of tanking does this process take?

Honestly, this is probably a less experienced, worse sixers team than last year.

The veteran additions gave the illusion of progress last season, but really, without vets, they're still in 25-30 win quicksand.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Doesn't matter how talented a young team is it takes time even in a weak Eastern conference. Their goal should be to win 35 games this season. Embiid won't play half the season again due either to injury or caution so that takes away their one true best player.

It takes time? This will be the fifth year of tanking. And yes it will once again be tanking. How many years of tanking does this process take?

Honestly, this is probably a less experienced, worse sixers team than last year.

The veteran additions gave the illusion of progress last season, but really, without vets, they're still in 25-30 win quicksand.
Try again.  They had 4 vets last year.  Bayless only played 3 games.  Rodriguez, if you'd even call him a vet, lost his starting job to McConnell.  Ilyasova only played 53 games for them before being traded.  Henderson played decently. 

This year they have Redick, Amir and a healthy Bayless.  Plus their returning younger players have an additional year of experience.  Better vets and better shooting.