Author Topic: What's wrong with Tatum?  (Read 7999 times)

Re: What's wrong with Tatum?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I hate to say it but Tatum looked like he went through severe diarrhea
He looked absolutely gassed, heads down , on defense he can't catch up with anyone

I will say he is the only disappointment tonight and it's a huge one, they better figure this out sooner than later...

He had a bad quiet game offensively. 

It happens from time to time with players - but don't worry, I just had a look and I do believe that the earth is still rotating around the sun, so we should be fine lol
Well, Kyrie may not subscribe to your last point.  ;D

Haha touche' !!

This got a chuckle out of me, so I shall reward you with a TP :)

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm honestly just laughing over here at the fact that not only did you make a ridiculous assumption based on one preseason game, but the fact that you chalked it up on assuming he had "severe diarrhea"  :laugh: :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:48:08 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2017, 09:40:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I'm honestly just laughing over here at the fact that not only did you make a ridiculous assumption based on one preseason game, but the fact that you chalked it up on assuming he had "severe diarrhea"  :laugh: :P

as a doctor (that is what he/she said) he can make that diagnosis from the tv. ::)

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
he is a rookie, so games like that will happen. It does look like he belongs though and he should contribute right away which is a plus. I dont expect to see him fully hit his stride this year until the playoffs like what happened with Jaylen

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:57 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

I said he looks gassed like he had a diarrhea not he be having one, if you can read

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 10:04:57 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I feel like complaining a little more about a 19 year old who may make the starting lineup on a contender.

Is it just me or does Tatum still hesitate a little too much? Seems during the pre-season there were several catch and shoot opportunities where he hesitated. This was something that Draftexpress talked about:

https://youtu.be/wyk-CJFfEI4?t=412

I'm willing to be proved wrong about this.

I hope he get the green light, and just starts letting it fly! (Until he gets mired around 30%)

Good luck everybody! Yagshemash.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2017, 01:19:02 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I feel like complaining a little more about a 19 year old who may make the starting lineup on a contender.

Is it just me or does Tatum still hesitate a little too much? Seems during the pre-season there were several catch and shoot opportunities where he hesitated. This was something that Draftexpress talked about:

I hope he get the green light, and just starts letting it fly! (Until he gets mired around 30%)

Honestly, I'm much more concerned with his lack of vision.  Take a look at his first offensive sequence in the video, below, from his preseason debut.  He had a simple 2-on-1 fast break with Yabusele, but instead of giving it to Guerschon for a layup/dunk on the right side, he didn't even look in the direction of his teammate after drawing the defender's attention and ended up trying to go through the guy to score, which resulted in two free throws.  Yikes.  What a mess.  At least he acquitted himself for it later when he gave it to Theis for a dunk on another 2-on-1, but still, for the most part, whenever he has the ball, everything, and everyone, just stops moving.  Not good, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqoPiE3Uig

Unrelated - I have absolutely no idea what "Yagshemash" means or even how to pronounce it.

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Honestly, I'm much more concerned with his lack of vision.  Take a look at his first offensive sequence in the video, below, from his preseason debut.  He had a simple 2-on-1 fast break with Yabusele, but instead of giving it to Guerschon for a layup/dunk on the right side, he didn't even look in the direction of his teammate after drawing the defender's attention and ended up trying to go through the guy to score, which resulted in two free throws.  Yikes.  What a mess.  At least he acquitted himself for it later when he gave it to Theis for a dunk on another 2-on-1, but still, for the most part, whenever he has the ball, everything, and everyone, just stops moving.  Not good, imo.

Unrelated - I have absolutely no idea what "Yagshemash" means or even how to pronounce it.
You can't help but get excited about this kid seeing those highlights.  Yes, he's got a couple of things to clean up, but no real concern IMO.  In fact, he seems surprisingly poised.

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2017, 08:45:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He looked absolutely gassed, heads down , on defense he can't catch up with anyone

I will say he is the only disappointment tonight and it's a huge one, they better figure this out sooner than later...

Are you a troll?   Or Guy who wanted Fultz?  I am sure the Fultz guys are going to be second guessing Ainge all season.   Have you watched Fultz's games?   I am pretty sure Ainge made the right call in the end and time will tell.

How can a guy diagnose severe diarrhea based on a look? 

The main weakness is he is going to have to get stronger and add some muscle.  Everyone has off nighst.

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2017, 09:22:36 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I assume this thread is a parody. I cannot see something is really this way.

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1668
Diarrhea. This never happened under Ed Lacerte's watch. 30 years of diarrhea free players, we never realized how good we had it.

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2017, 12:03:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I said he looks gassed like he had a diarrhea not he be having one, if you can read

Yeah, I can read, and you clearly ASSUMED Tatum looked gassed because he may have gone through severe diarrhea.

This is what you said:

And I'm pretty sure having or going through severe diarrhea isn't the ONLY way you can get gassed or tired out there... just saying  :P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:10:09 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

So, 9 minutes into his first preseason game as a professional?

No, I'm not worried.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008