Author Topic: What's wrong with Tatum?  (Read 7997 times)

Re: What's wrong with Tatum?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 06:18:26 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Had a better game than Fultz which is all that matters.   ;D

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 07:45:18 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Can't say he is better tonight though it's a pretty low bar...

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 08:24:22 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Can't say he is better tonight though it's a pretty low bar...
Oh, I can indeed say that for sure.  Fultz lost the ball or got stripped numerous times.  Couple drives to the cup but was invisible otherwise.  Tatum was more active on defense and the boards and had his hands up on defense and in the passing lanes.

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:13 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I hate to say it but Tatum looked like he went through severe diarrhea
He looked absolutely gassed, heads down , on defense he can't catch up with anyone

I will say he is the only disappointment tonight and it's a huge one, they better figure this out sooner than later...

Tatum got wiped out in the first quarter. Not sure if the cameras caught it, because I was at the game, so I'll have to re-watch it. It was on the offensive end on the end of the floor that I was at. It was a pretty hard, awkward fall, and I kind of held my breath. He got up slowly, but looked shaken and the Cs called timeout very shortly after that.

He looked pretty into it before that, but understandably a little cautious after that and for the rest of the game.

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 09:15:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
He looked absolutely gassed, heads down , on defense he can't catch up with anyone

I will say he is the only disappointment tonight and it's a huge one, they better figure this out sooner than later...

Tatum got wiped out in the first quarter. Not sure if the cameras caught it, because I was at the game, so I'll have to re-watch it. It was on the offensive end on the end of the floor that I was at. It was a pretty hard, awkward fall, and I kind of held my breath. He got up slowly, but looked shaken and the Cs called timeout very shortly after that.

He looked pretty into it before that, but understandably a little cautious after that and for the rest of the game.

That was scary.  He and another Celtic went up to get same alley oop and he got knocked sideways in midair.  He was able to brace his landing a bit with one leg fully extended then he disappeared behinded the hoop. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:10:42 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

That was scary.  He and another Celtic went up got same alley oop and he got knocked sideways in midair.  He was able to brace his landing a bit with one leg fully extended then he disappeared behinded the hoop.

TP and thanks Redz!

Great depiction of what I saw. It helped me recollect what I couldn't articulate.

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Did he look awesome? No. But it was one preseason game. He's nineteen years old. He's gonna have some games where he looks like a rookie.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 10:09:34 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Nothing, if you're a Rudy Gay fan...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

That was scary.  He and another Celtic went up got same alley oop and he got knocked sideways in midair.  He was able to brace his landing a bit with one leg fully extended then he disappeared behinded the hoop.

TP and thanks Redz!

Great depiction of what I saw. It helped me recollect what I couldn't articulate.
He was hitted with Semi(or Yabu) and simply fly away

Look i have zero concern about his rookie mistakes or bad games, but as a doctor his physical didn't look right to me and i never try to overlook these things

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Didn't everyone just get done penciling him in for the starting lineup after the second preseason game?

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 04:20:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 05:55:21 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
What was the over/under on how many games it would take before there was a "what's wrong with Tatum" thread? 2 preseason games feels like under.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 07:24:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I really have no clue why you're talking about.

He was a bit ginger after his fall for a bit, but he shook it off
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 07:33:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
What was the over/under on how many games it would take before there was a "what's wrong with Tatum" thread? 2 preseason games feels like under.

exactly.  tp.  i am afraid this won't be the last rookie over-reaction thread we get early this season.