Author Topic: Jae Crowder starting for the Cavs  (Read 2439 times)

Jae Crowder starting for the Cavs
« on: October 09, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
For all those that thought he may not be good enough to start on a championship-level team this is quite a surprise.

I'll admit that I undervalued him and thought he'd be best as maybe a sixth-man.  But I guess with the dearth of defenders on the Cavs, especially with Thompson going to the bench, this makes sense. 

Re: Jae Crowder starting for the Cavs
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
For all those that thought he may not be good enough to start on a championship-level team this is quite a surprise.

I'll admit that I undervalued him and thought he'd be best as maybe a sixth-man.  But I guess with the dearth of defenders on the Cavs, especially with Thompson going to the bench, this makes sense.

Crowder wouldn't be starting on most contenders. The only reason being that Lue somehow thinks that an small ball lineup of Rose, Wade, Lebron, Crowder and Love will somehow work despite the glaring weaknesses in shooting, play making, and defense; is beyond me.

Crowder is also one of the most underappreciated Celtics player I have also seen. The amount of disrespect this board gives to him on a consistent basis makes me turn my head in disgust, to be honest. Crowder put his heart and soul into this team, and even though he wasn't anything beyond amazing, but all-around solid, Crowder was simply thrown to the side with a bit of a whimper.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:55:21 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Crowder wouldn't be starting on most contenders. The only reason being that Lue somehow thinks that an small ball lineup of Rose, Wade, Lebron, Crowder and Love will somehow work despite the glaring weaknesses in shooting, play making, and defense; is beyond me.

Crowder is also one of the most underappreciated Celtics player I have also seen. The amount of disrespect this board gives to him on a consistent basis makes me turn my head in disgust, to be honest. Crowder put his heart and soul into this team, and even though he wasn't anything beyond amazing, but all-around solid, Crowder was simply thrown to the side with a bit of a whimper.

This made me chuckle.  He started on last year's Eastern conference finals loser and is now starting for the team that beat them.  That's the top two contenders in the Eastern conference right there... How many other contenders are there? 

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:39:20 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum

This made me chuckle.  He started on last year's Eastern conference finals loser and is now starting for the team that beat them.  That's the top two contenders in the Eastern conference right there... How many other contenders are there?

Golden State, OKC, Houston, San Antonio... why must the list of contenders be limited to the Eastern Conference?  I understand his point entirely.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Golden State, OKC, Houston, San Antonio... why must the list of contenders be limited to the Eastern Conference?  I understand his point entirely.

He'd have a shot at starting at GS if they went small with Green at C, otherwise not even Paul George starts in GS so I guess he could be a 6th man...

Houston there is a solid case for Crowder starting over Ariza. OKC could have a starting lineup of Westbrook-George-Crowder-Melo-Adams with Patterson as the first big off the bench, not unreasonable at all.

He can definitely be a starter on a championship contender. Zaza Pachulia was for goodness sake.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum

He'd have a shot at starting at GS if they went small with Green at C, otherwise not even Paul George starts in GS so I guess he could be a 6th man...

Houston there is a solid case for Crowder starting over Ariza. OKC could have a starting lineup of Westbrook-George-Crowder-Melo-Adams with Patterson as the first big off the bench, not unreasonable at all.

He can definitely be a starter on a championship contender. Zaza Pachulia was for goodness sake.

The Zaza thing was purely a cap space situation where they couldn't afford anyone past their big four and Iguodala.  The GSWs basically were saying "we're cool throwing out four All Stars onto the court and then a minimum salary guy and we'll still beat you all." 

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The Zaza thing was purely a cap space situation where they couldn't afford anyone past their big four and Iguodala.  The GSWs basically were saying "we're cool throwing out four All Stars onto the court and then a minimum salary guy and we'll still beat you all."
Isn't it sort of the same thing in Cleveland?  LeBron, Love, IT and Wade are(were) all all-stars, and until IT comes back you've got a former MVP in his place.  Crowder is a bargain contract.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 02:40:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Who is Crowder guarding in our starting 5? Bradley had to take Hayward last year. Crowder can't guard Brown or Horford. Also who do Wade and Rose guard? I don't know who you put Love on. The Cavs have their work cut out for them.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 03:10:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Who is Crowder guarding in our starting 5? Bradley had to take Hayward last year. Crowder can't guard Brown or Horford. Also who do Wade and Rose guard? I don't know who you put Love on. The Cavs have their work cut out for them.
Crowder would likely take Hayward or Tatum. 

I'm not overly concerned with Cleveland in the playoffs this year.  sure they're still the team to beat but I don't think there's anywhere near as big a talent gap between the teams as last year.  I think the C's could beat them in a series. 
-->Kyrie's offense can make IT a net negative on the court like last year only this time it works in our favor.
-->Hayward provides an actual offensive threat that would require Lebron to stick to him rather than him being able to float around on D due to Crowder's streakiness and limited offensive skills.
-->we have more guys that can/will bang under the boards to help Horford so less offensive rebounds for Love and Thompson thanks to Baynes, Theis, Morris, Yabu and Semi.  if we can add another big off waivers at the deadline, even better.  no more watching KO getting outrebounded by the opposition guards.
-->we have athletic players/defenders that are are more athletic than the players Cleveland can put on the floor (except Lebron) at those same positions -->Brown, Tatum, Smart, Semi, Hayward, Kyrie, etc...  Wade and Rose aren't what they used to be.
-->AB was a good shooter when he was on but when he was cold, he was a negative on offense because of his ballhandling and inability to really attack the basket.  Brown is about the opposite at this point and Wade won't be able to keep up with him.
-->Rozier is looking more consistent with his game and Smart's shooting is definitely improved.  With the rest of the roster changes, Cleveland won't be able to just gear their D around stopping IT and Al and watching everyone else toss up bricks.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think you put Crowder on Hayward for pure put up/shut up-and-prove-it-now revenge factor, right?

Like you just walk up to him and say "You know who you're guarding tonight right?" and he says "Hayward all game" and if he doesn't say that you yank him as soon as he makes a mistake.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 04:47:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think you put Crowder on Hayward for pure put up/shut up-and-prove-it-now revenge factor, right?

I like that match up for us!

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

I like that match up for us!

The only match up we lose is LeBron and he can't guard everyone. We have like 5 guys we can put on LeBron: Hayward, Semi, Morris, Brown, Yabu... This new Celtics team is going to be very dynamic.