Author Topic: Chandler and Dudley  (Read 1750 times)

Chandler and Dudley
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:59:11 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I read that the Suns have put Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley on the block. I think we could use Chandler for sure and possibly Dudley. Dudley would give us some 3 pt shooting and Chandler defense and length. We get some veteran pressence.

Yabu may struggle for a while. I'd like to see Theis play with the starters for once. That guy can play and has great skills around the rim.

Re: Chandler and Dudley
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'd love Chandler on this team, but we'd have a pretty tough time matching salary. Honestly, I don't think any team is going to be banging down Phoenix's doors for Tyson at his price point. He may be a buyout candidate though.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I read that the Suns have put Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley on the block. I think we could use Chandler for sure and possibly Dudley. Dudley would give us some 3 pt shooting and Chandler defense and length. We get some veteran pressence.

Yabu may struggle for a while. I'd like to see Theis play with the starters for once. That guy can play and has great skills around the rim.

Why in Gods name, would the Celtics ever want to take on additional salary for Chandler... Hard to match salaries, not to mention the Suns have absolutely no emergency to unload their contracts simply cause their under the salary floor, plus they need the veteran leadership to guide their young rookies.

Also Dudley isn't going to be any better than Tatum or Brown, simply because last year he seemed extremely gassed, and couldn't even keep up with most PF's when running back. I honestly think he's cooked. He has had an nice 55.6% eFG, but he's also been coming off a toe injury which required surgery, and doesn't seem like he'll be anything more than the occasional 3rd string floor spacing small ball 4 that can shoot the 3, at an above average rate. So literally he's a Steve Novak lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 01:15:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think Jared Dudley is a good comparison for Semi. Dudley at his peak vs Semi's potential. 

And now at his advanced age and declining footspeed (and defense), I don't think Dudley offers us more than Semi can provide as a rookie. I'd rather just use Semi.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 01:33:42 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
My bad, I was thinking of a buyout signing. I suspect the Suns would buy him out and he'd be a FA. No, we couldn't match salaries straight up.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
My bad, I was thinking of a buyout signing. I suspect the Suns would buy him out and he'd be a FA. No, we couldn't match salaries straight up.

The way our salaries are set up this year and in the near future, it will be very hard for Danny to do any trades. Everyone is either on a max or they are underpaid for their value. I was trying to trade machine for Robin Lopez but their is really no way without a gross overpay by The Celtics and that would be a minor trade.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The fact that DA hasn't filled the 15th roster spot leads me to believe that he is going to hold out for a buyout big man. Chandler is a prime example another long shot would be Noah if the Knicks are willing to stomach all that money. (they did avoid a melo buyout so maybe that helps). 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

In that case, yes. If Chandler is bought out, I'd do back flips if we picked him up.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If Suns buy out Chandler, beck yea I get him in a second!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
If Suns buy out Chandler, beck yea I get him in a second!!!

Chandler or Robin Lopez on buy outs would be really sweet!

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
chandler would be great if he get released.