Author Topic: Lowe: Celtics are a Tier 3 Team with A-/B+ Max Players  (Read 7336 times)

Re: Lowe: Celtics are a Tier 3 Team with A-/B+ Max Players
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2017, 11:11:12 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
And I don't think those are actually tiers past the first two

Sup Mo.  Who do you think will make the ECF this year?
Assuming Boston and Cleveland are on opposites of the bracket those 2.  I'm not sure that they do end up on opposite sides though (I could easily envision them as the 2 and 3 or even the 1 and 4 seeds)

I really don't see how any east team could finish above Boston and Cleveland.

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2017, 11:21:10 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Assuming Boston and Cleveland are on opposites of the bracket those 2.  I'm not sure that they do end up on opposite sides though (I could easily envision them as the 2 and 3 or even the 1 and 4 seeds)

Washington and Toronto could easily finish ahead of the Celtics. I think the Celtics are favored, but its not like they are unbeatable. In fact, they are very beatable. I imagine there will be some reg. season growing pains, and it might take a year or two for this team to seriously contend.

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2017, 11:33:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Lowe continuing to try to shake off his Celtics homerism.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
In reality:

Tier 1: GSW, CLE, Boston, SAS

Tier 2: OKC, HOU

Tier 3: BOS, WIZ, TOR
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2017, 11:43:28 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Washington and Toronto could easily finish ahead of the Celtics. I think the Celtics are favored, but its not like they are unbeatable. In fact, they are very beatable. I imagine there will be some reg. season growing pains, and it might take a year or two for this team to seriously contend.

1.  I said I don't see how any east team could finish above Boston AND Cleveland - do you see Toronto or Washington seriously finishing on top of both team and taking the #1 seed?  I very highly doubt it.

2.  Washington couldn't even beat Boston last year, when they are quite possibly the worst mismatch in the East for us due to their size in the backcourt and up front.  This year we are not only a better team then we were last year, we also match up better with their lineup.  They aren't beating us. 

3. Toronto are the new Hawks.  They have been strong every regular season, and yet constantly choke when it counts.  They've really done nothing to improve their team over last season, Lowry is (from memory) coming back from an injury, and I'll take our three headed monster (Kyrie+Hayward+Horford) over theirs (Wall+Beal+Valancunias) any day, personally.  It's not impossible that they could finish above us, but considering we had a better record then they did last year, and we've only gotten better (while they have not) - I don't see it happening.

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2017, 11:44:10 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
In reality:

Tier 1: GSW, CLE, Boston, SAS

Tier 2: OKC, HOU

Wait - is Boston in Tier 1 or Tier 3?  :/

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 08:56:43 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Tier 1: GSW

Tier 2: CLE, OKC, HOU and SAS

This is how I breakdown tiers:

Tier 1: GSW
Tier 1.5: CLE
Tier 2: OKC, HOU, SAS, BOS, WIZ (yes I include the Wiz in here as they took us to 7 and their team is identical and with a year can take anyone of the Tier 2 teams to 7 in a series)
Tier 3: MEM, LAC, TWOLVES, MIA, NOP, 76ers (maybe at season end)

The only teams I could see moving up or down this list are SAS potentially moving down to Tier 3 given age and BOS and OKC potentially moving into Tier 1.5 territory with CLE (by season end with development). I just don't see HOU taking any steps forward. They will score in bunches and be pesky in the playoffs, but just don't see it.