Author Topic: Uh oh. Jeff Green plays for cavs & dropped 19 pts on the wiz, nice dunks (video)  (Read 3251 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/pWCJNeohoDI

So we might Have a problem now that uncle jeff decided to be good with the cavs and playing for the minimum

I don't get why we didn't sign Jeff with one of our final roster spots since we got rid of crowder. Jeff at worst was a decent insurance policy in case of injury. We've seen nothing that says ojeleye can competently backup anyone yet. Instead we look at Andrew "1ppg" bogut? Or Thomas "never accomplished anything" robinson? Wow
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:38:41 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Those are some really pretty highlights. That poster dunk was nasty.

But we know Jeff Green. He'll show up one game and be terrible or invisible in the next 3 games. Kinda like Gerald Green, I suppose. I'm not worried about it.
- LilRip

Re: Jeff Green plays for cavaliers and dropped 19 pts on the wiz
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:39:51 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I wouldn't overreact to this performance, primarily because Green has always played extremely well against the Wizards and especially in Washington, or at least it seems that way.  Maybe it's a Georgetown thing, who knows?

Anyway, my point here is that even during his last full season in Boston, he dropped a season high 39 points - which he later duplicated against New Orleans - on the road against the Wizards, only to score a combined 38 points over the next three games, so yeah.  I'm not saying that he can't help the Cavs, and he did play extremely well against Lebron during Pierce and Garnett's final year because he didn't have to be "the guy", but he's still the same player he's always been, imo - all the physical and god-given talent in the world but not the motor to make the most of his abilities.  I don't miss him at all, although, having said that, he'll probably have the series of his life should we meet Cleveland at some point in the playoffs, just because, lol :laugh:. Ugh.

So we might Have a problem now that uncle jeff decided to be good with the cavs and playing for the minimum

I don't get why we didn't sign Jeff with one of our final roster spots since we got rid of crowder. Jeff at worst was a decent insurance policy in case of injury. We've seen nothing that says ojeleye can competently backup anyone yet. Andrew bogut? Thomas robinson? Wow

I'll take my chance on that romance with him.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:47:34 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I wouldn't overreact to this performance, primarily because Green has always played extremely well against the Wizards and especially in Washington, or at least it seems that way.  Maybe it's a Georgetown thing, who knows?

Anyway, my point here is that even during his last full season in Boston, he dropped a season high 39 points - which he later duplicated against New Orleans - on the road against the Wizards, only to score a combined 38 points over the next three games, so yeah.  I'm not saying that he can't help the Cavs, and he did play extremely well against Lebron during Pierce and Garnett's final year because he didn't have to be "the guy", but he's still the same player he's always been, imo - all the physical and god-given talent in the world but not the motor to make the most of his abilities.  I don't miss him at all, although, having said that, he'll probably have the series of his life should we meet Cleveland at some point in the playoffs, just because, lol :laugh:. Ugh.

I don't get why we didn't sign Jeff with one of our final roster spots since we got rid of crowder. Jeff at worst was a decent insurance policy in case of injury. We've seen nothing that says ojeleye can competently backup anyone yet. Andrew bogut? Thomas robinson? Wow

Lol wat :P?

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Lol wat :P?

I meant it in a way like it will never happen.
(I just liked the rhyme at 0:24, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOf6Vm3Ye8)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:46:31 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

I don't get why we didn't sign Jeff with one of our final roster spots since we got rid of crowder. Jeff at worst was a decent insurance policy in case of injury. We've seen nothing that says ojeleye can competently backup anyone yet. Instead we look at Andrew "1ppg" bogut? Or Thomas "never accomplished anything" robinson? Wow

I believe he signed for minimum with cavs well before we did the trade

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Don't worry, we won't see him crack double digits again until December. That's how he rolls
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Edit: duplicate
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Don't you remember when he played for us? He'll have a few of those games this year, but then disappear and look awful 90% of the time
I'm bitter.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I believe he signed for minimum with cavs well before we did the trade
Also, the C's already have Hayward, Brown, Tatum, and Morris who essentially play the same position. And because Jeff Green is terrible, which is why he couldn't get more than the minimum.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Worry about Uncle Sleepy?? ROFL

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't think anybody is or should be worried that Green is going to be a break-out star this year, just that he may actually produce on the court. People keep bringing up how he was inconsistent with us, but aren't factoring in that he was our go-to scorer for a period of time. He will never be asked to be that with Cavs, but if he surprises and is a difference maker with the 2nd unit, then they got very good value.

Basically what I think the OP is saying is that, contrary to popular belief, Green might not suck and that isn't a good thing for us. Also, with so many young players already on the roster, Jeff (or even Gerald) Green might have have been a better option.

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
a broken clock is right twice a day

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'd rather have signed Gerald Green, though I'd take Jeff too and release Nader. Vets are nice in the playoffs, and helping the young guys along. Those would've been two nice vet min signings, but it looks like Danny is still looking a few years ahead by stocking young players instead ov vets on the deep bench. Perhaps he thinks we're a few years away yet?

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nothing to worry about he only does that once every 20 games or so.