Author Topic: Tatum and Brown Video  (Read 1746 times)

Tatum and Brown Video
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:42:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
https://youtu.be/zStNHfE69zw

This video shows why Tatum is a more skilled player right now. It's great that Brown's ceiling is so high, and he could be better long term if he really wants it.

Tatum is better than him and will be for a while.

Re: Tatum and Brown Video
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:45:23 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

This video shows why Tatum is a more skilled player right now. It's great that Brown's ceiling is so high, and he could be better long term if he really wants it.

I happen to agree with you but I'm not sure a one minute video of a single run through of a drill is the best way to demonstrate that fact.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:54:10 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Wuh?  That video doesn't show anything at all. 

Having said that, browns ceiling is not hire than tatums.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:34:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Wuh?  That video doesn't show anything at all. 

Having said that, browns ceiling is not hire than tatums.

Here is where it gets tricky. I agree in the sense that Tatum will end up better than Brown.

However Jaylen Brown's theoretical ceiling is higher imho.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I think there is consensus that Tatum is the more skilled basketball player and likely to be the better player when it's all said and done.

Brown might be more athletic but I don't know that that alone means he has a higher ceiling.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 10:37:51 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Yeah, people use "ceiling" sometimes to mean the "most likely best case scenario", and sometimes to mean the "absolute best case scenario".

Tatum has a higher most likely development peak.
Brown has a higher completely hypothetical and probably unrealistic, but technically still possible peak.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 10:58:03 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tatum will be a better scorer in the NBA. Brown will be a better two way player.

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 11:06:36 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think there is consensus that Tatum is the more skilled basketball player and likely to be the better player when it's all said and done.

Brown might be more athletic but I don't know that that alone means he has a higher ceiling.
I think people overrate athleticism when talking about a player's ceiling.  It's far too common around here.  Skills and size are equally if not more important than athleticism, yet everyone is hung up mainly on athleticism.  From Gerald Green and Jeff Green's potential to Dennis Smith being better than Ball and Fultz, to Semi "the stiff" Ojeleye being better than Jae Crowder.  It's ridiculous.

Tatum has far more size and skill than Brown.  I think he is a vastly superior prospect with a far higher ceiling.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I think people overrate athleticism when talking about a player's ceiling.  It's far too common around here.  Skills and size are equally if not more important than athleticism, yet everyone is hung up mainly on athleticism.  From Gerald Green and Jeff Green's potential to Dennis Smith being better than Ball and Fultz, to Semi "the stiff" Ojeleye being better than Jae Crowder.  It's ridiculous.

Tatum has far more size and skill than Brown.  I think he is a vastly superior prospect with a far higher ceiling.

"Far more size and skill"---

Huh?

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 11:39:34 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I don't see the point in comparing them because they're 2 different types of players.

Tatum is a pure offensive weapon like KD or Anthony (25 pts a night).
Brown will likely be more a Jimmy Butler type 2 way player (15 pts a night and great defense).

So of course if we're looking at shooting drills, Tatum is going to look a lot better. But how do you really say one is generally worth more than the other?

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 01:29:52 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
There are other videos of Brown out shooting Tatum..  1 minutes of practice does not mean anything to the future of either of these kids..

But I Do believe Tatum will be more the "Jordan" Role and Brown will be more "Pippin" like.. Both extremely valuable and Both the perfect compliments to one another..  They just play different types of Games..

Together they both can lead us to the promised land (in a few years)

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
It's tempting (and mostly accurate) to think of one as an offensive player and the other as a defensive player. But it's more complicated than that. Brown is about to turn 21 and (if you ask me) showed more offensively than expected. He can absolutely turn into a top-level scorer in the next few years.

On the other hand, I think Tatum can be much better defensively than people think. Again, this kid is 19 right now. He's got length, later movement, and smarts. Don't write the book on his defense quite yet.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com