Author Topic: Sixers (0-2) at Celtics (2-0) Preseason Game #3 10/9/17  (Read 27526 times)

Re: Sixers (0-2) at Celtics (2-0) Preseason Game #3 10/9/17
« Reply #300 on: October 09, 2017, 10:00:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Good the game ended ...

CBS played everybody

I was looking for the Water and Towel boys and couple cheerleaders

« Reply #301 on: October 09, 2017, 10:01:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
ok haters

Tommy just said it

"THis is a very talented team DA has put together. "

This team is definitely deep too. Great bench.

Hope Kyrie can play decent defense.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #302 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:18 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Good the game ended ...

CBS played everybody

I was looking for the Water and Towel boys and couple cheerleaders

was about to say i THINK i saw a celtics dancer out there.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #303 on: October 09, 2017, 10:21:18 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Wait. This is only the end of the 3rd quarter? I thought it was garbage time in the fourth.

I cant believe we've still got a quarter left. Hopefully we see some actual basketball again.

Should we just start these guys in the regular season and rest Kyrie, Gordon and Al until the playoffs?  lol

Too bad that NBA coaches do not think outside the box because there are games that our bench can legitimately start with the starters on the bench to crush the other teams bench. HAHAHAHAHA.

« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2017, 10:56:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
good game by the bench brigade.  the only negatives I could see were Nader and Allen.  G league for them if they make the team.  everyone else looked like they were ready to make contributions this season

« Reply #305 on: October 09, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Two Sixer observations - it'll be interesting to see how Simmons responds once teams try to take away his ability to drive and start leaving him wide open a la Rondo - just daring him to shoot.

And while it's obvious that he knows how to score, I question whether Fultz will develop enough athletically to be a superstar in the league.  It's hard to project with someone as young as he is, but it looked to me that as of right now, Smart & Rozier can easily overpower him.  Granted both have had a couple of years worth of training as pro's to strengthen  themselves but both of these guys their first year were better athletes than Fultz appears to be.

And as far as that foul shot...OMG who taught him that?

« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2017, 01:39:17 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Two Sixer observations - it'll be interesting to see how Simmons responds once teams try to take away his ability to drive and start leaving him wide open a la Rondo - just daring him to shoot.

And while it's obvious that he knows how to score, I question whether Fultz will develop enough athletically to be a superstar in the league.  It's hard to project with someone as young as he is, but it looked to me that as of right now, Smart & Rozier can easily overpower him.  Granted both have had a couple of years worth of training as pro's to strengthen  themselves but both of these guys their first year were better athletes than Fultz appears to be.

And as far as that foul shot...OMG who taught him that?

1. IMO I think Simmons will be fine, I wouldn't compare him to Rondo but more to Westbrook or James in the sense that they are so physically strong they can bully their way to the hoop and pull in the second defender which will lead to wide open 3's on the perimeter. Simmons is a decent rebounder too so he will lead a lot of fast breaks where the half court defence isn't set. The main issue would be his free throws...if he isn't hitting them he may have to sit during crunch time.

2. I think Fultz will struggle a bit this season but can be a top player...not a superstar in the long run. He doesn't seem like a high Basketball I.Q player and his acceleration doesn't seem at the level of other superstar guards, it takes him a little longer to build up steam and his athleticism is a little overrated. In regards to his free throw style aparently he reworked his release form in the off season without telling anyone from the 6ers staff (not a high I.Q move).

« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2017, 01:44:22 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The rondo comparison is perfect. The reason Simmons passes so much is he isn't confident in his terrible shot. His ceiling is Lamar odom

« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2017, 01:48:44 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
The rondo comparison is perfect. The reason Simmons passes so much is he isn't confident in his terrible shot. His ceiling is Lamar odom

Rondo was 6'0 thin and long, Simmons is 6'10 and built like Lebron they are completely different players other than they are pass first and struggle shooting

« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2017, 06:08:25 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Rondo was 6'0 thin and long, Simmons is 6'10 and built like Lebron they are completely different players other than they are pass first and struggle shooting

I think comparing players based on their playstyles and capabilities is better than comparing their physique.

« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2017, 07:47:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
built like Lebron they are completely different players other than they are pass first and struggle shooting

I think he is a lot skinnier than LeBron.  First of all LeBron was 2 inches shorter which means that weight was aligned differently and he had more muscle mass.   Simmons lacks his power and it a finesse guy.

They both seem to differ to others and like passing more than shooting.   This was an issue for LeBron early in his career and still is at times.  But I think he has improved in that regard.

Our guys wanted it more.   I am not sure that Simmons or Fultz given their college records have the alpha dog will to win.