Author Topic: Pitino talked Rozier contract in NCAA scandal? (Update: Pitino sues Adidas)  (Read 3167 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20887538/suspended-louisville-cardinals-coach-rick-pitino-selling-house-laying-low-wake-recruiting-scandal

"Right now it's in the lawyers' hands," Pitino said. "I went to Miami. I'm selling my house [in Louisville]. I love David Padgett. I love the boys. I hope they win the national championship. I'm not doing anything but laying low."

When asked if he is Coach-2, Pitino said, "it doesn't matter if I am or not."

Documents in the federal investigation said Adidas executive Jim Gatto, who was arrested on Tuesday, "spoke directly with Coach-2 multiple times in the days before [Bowen] publicly committed" to Louisville.

Pitino said he was discussing former Louisville player Terry Rozier's sponsorship deal with Adidas in those phone calls.

SoPitino is claiming he was working as an agent for a pro (Terry Rozier) regarding his shoe contract? Really ? Two phone calls to discuss a former player's shoe contract?!? Now he's  opened himself up to even more issues-did Adidas pay you extra if your players sign with them when they go pro? Was that in the contract U of L signed with them?

Update: Pitino tried to get Robrand back into Adidas or something it seems:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LGonTV/status/919981583968456704/photo/1

Pitino  now suing adidas: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21055578/former-louisville-cardinals-coach-rick-pitino-files-lawsuit-adidas
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:51:36 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Pitino discussed Rozier Adidas shoe contract?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:01:56 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Did Pitino only discuss Russian adoptions?

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:50:26 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Did Pitino only discuss Russian adoptions?

Yes, and then he left the meeting early.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 08:24:30 AM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
So now that Pitino is available again, should we get rid of Stevens? ???

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 02:01:20 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I bet every big time coach does this and I hope it brings college sports to its knees

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 12:29:57 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Rozier has a shoe deal with Adidas?

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 01:18:50 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I think it's for just a pair.

Re: Pitino discussed Rozier shoes and contract in Adidas/NCAA scandal?
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:51:00 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
New text messages involving  Pitino tried to get Rozier "Yeezy" brand Adidas shoes:

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:09 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
New text messages involving  Pitino tried to get Rozier "Yeezy" brand Adidas shoes:

Wait, so Pitino was trying to get Rozier a pair of shoes this year?  Why?  Doesn’t Rozier have an agent and a contract that pays him millions?

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 04:15:02 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Wait, so Pitino was trying to get Rozier a pair of shoes this year?  Why?  Doesn’t Rozier have an agent and a contract that pays him millions?
actually it looks like, on 2nd glance, that the texts are probably not connected and a long time apart (like months-year apart). The  "hey its Rick pitino" is something you don't expect in a text the same day or week

It looks like this is a convo thread with an Adidas rep and pitino. In the first convo pitino is probably asking for free yeezys for a new recruit, and the 2nd convo months later pitino is negotiating with Adidas who seem to have dropped Rozier for some sort of mistake Rozier made. The mistake was so big that Adidas terminated the contract. All speculation on my part. I read on reddit that Rozier was showing off Nikes on snapchat or instagram. If that's true, its pretty sad that he couldn't honor a contract with a company for millions of dollars but to each their own

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I bet every big time coach does this and I hope it brings college sports to its knees

They don't. Sleaztino is a scumbag.  I am sure there are some more though.

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 08:04:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I think it's for just a pair.

LOL

he working on a new deal with Lavar

for a pair

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Pitino is no angel, actually he's pretty sleazy, but I can't believe how little the media is giving to Addidas. Pitino's allegations that this is an Addidas based scandal makes a lot of logical sense. I hope the FBI investigates Addidas as hard as they do the coaches and schools involved because I doubt this was just one dirty Addidas employee.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Pitino is no angel, actually he's pretty sleazy, but I can't believe how little the media is giving to Addidas. Pitino's allegations that this is an Addidas based scandal makes a lot of logical sense. I hope the FBI investigates Addidas as hard as they do the coaches and schools involved because I doubt this was just one dirty Addidas employee.

I agree. It's easier to pinpoint Pitino than a couple of Adidas reps that no one knows.

That being said, Pitino is a tool. I remember watching him during his cup of coffee with the Celtics. He would scream at NBA players up and down the court. No wonder why he wasn't successful. He was better fit to yell at kids than men, b/c the kids were too scared to confront him back.

I'm not a big vengeance guy in general, but this stuff couldn't have happened to a better guy.