Author Topic: Where's your excitement meter?  (Read 3785 times)

Re: Where's your excitement meter?
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2017, 04:00:25 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Not sure how any Celtic fan isn't extremely excited about this team this year.  I know people are thinking that the preseason doesn't mean anything but that's simply not true.  This team is much more versatile, longer, more potent offensively, and potential to even be better defensively. 

The addition of Tatum (and maturation of Brown) is exciting to watch.  It's not their time to shine yet, but as supporting players they'll definitely sneak in and have their moments.  At the top, the Celts have true star power.  Hayward is taking his time to fit but can average 20 ppg in his sleep.  Al is al, which is great as a third fiddle.  He'll move the ball, make open shots, and provide an interior presence on D.

As for Kyrie, there isn't a more talented offensive player in the entire league.  His skill are other-worldly, and scoring is effortless.  Ultimate stardom will depend on his playmaking but he definitely has it in him.

I see THIS team in the finals THIS year.  Lebron may be one of the greatest of all time, but I don't think even he can carry that team to the final this year.

Exciting to say the least! I haven't felt this way since they acquired KG!

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

If GSW were not so far ahead of the pack, I'd be a 10. This team has a good chance of making it to the Finals this season. Cavs in uncertain shape. Injury concerns over IT. Ill-fitting supporting cast. They look ripe to be knocked off and Boston has the players to do it.

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2017, 04:03:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Upped from the 5 of last week to 8.5 now. Win or lose going to stay excited all year. This is a great core going forward.