Author Topic: nader is no james young-  (Read 10280 times)

nader is no james young-
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:04:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
As he several times took it too the basket for scores and used his speed and muscle to turn the corner-not bad for the almost last pick and rookie of year d league. He showed no nerves for first game in Boston Garden.Shane Larkin showed why Brad is high on him -.
So not to be confusing for Eddie 20-Larkin could do really well ,when Celts need that Isaiah change of pace and style,Hey Eddie!!! Nader didn't look the least out of place for a rookie and did Theis play tough enough for you..
Got to watch hyperbole, Eddie will then say i'm touting them to be all stars.
.Every time Nader scored i was thinking "In Your Face Eddie"-If nothing else Nader can get to rim with his elite length and elite use of either hand and can knock down some threes .

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:39:20 AM by rollie mass »

Re: nader is no james young
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:07:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As he several times took it too the basket for scores and used his speed and muscle to turn the corner-not bad for the almost last pick and rookie of year d league and showed no nerves for first game in Boston Garden.Shane Larkin showed why Brad is high on him -.
So not to be confusing for Eddie House-Larkin could do really well ,when Celts need that Isaiah change of pace and style,Hey Eddie!!! Nader didn't look the least out of place for a rookie and did Theis play tough enough for you..
.Every time Nader scored i was thinking "In Your Face Eddie"-If nothing else Nader can get to rim with his elite length and elite use of either hand and can knock down some threes .

I agree
Nader is much more aggressive than Young.

Re: nader is no james young-
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:19:15 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I am excited for all our players potential. Nader is going to stick for sure.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:29:49 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
As he several times took it too the basket for scores and used his speed and muscle to turn the corner-not bad for the almost last pick and rookie of year d league. He showed no nerves for first game in Boston Garden.Shane Larkin showed why Brad is high on him -.
So not to be confusing for Eddie House-Larkin could do really well ,when Celts need that Isaiah change of pace and style,Hey Eddie!!! Nader didn't look the least out of place for a rookie and did Theis play tough enough for you..

I never said that Theis wasn't tough. I said that I've never seen it, but wouldn't be surprised if he was considering his experience playing professionally. I said the ones I questioned about being tough were the rookies.

I'm not sure if continuing to say "Nader is no James Young" is really a compliment. Besides, did anyone ever say he was? From a basketball perspective I really want him to move the ball more. It seems that every time he touches it, he either shoots it or takes it to the basket even when the play isn't there. While I do enjoy aggressive play, I'd like to see him become a more willing passer. Defensively I'm not impressed with his lateral foot speed and preventing penetration. He gives effort, but his lack of side-to-side quickness will probably always be an issue.

It's funny, but I didn't hear you say a single word about Ojeleye. Why? Didn't you suggest he would eclipse Crowder? Ojeleye's biggest issue seems to be a lack of motor. The guy plays with absolutely no energy. And the hustle stats that I mentioned where last season he only averaged 6.6 RPG in 34.1 MPG and only registered 15 steals and 14 blocks in 1195 minutes of play seems to be pretty indicative of his motor. In 21 minutes last night he had 2 rebounds, 0 steals, and 0 blocks.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
So not to be confusing for Eddie 20-Larkin could do really well ,when Celts need that Isaiah change of pace and style,Hey Eddie!!! Nader didn't look the least out of place for a rookie and did Theis play tough enough for you..
Yep. Nader isn't an explosive athlete by any means but he seems to know how to use angles to get his man on his hip and get to the rim. If he's able to make drives like he did last night and knock down shots, Rozier had better keep an eye on his minutes because Nader could be coming for them (as a backup guard alongside Smart).
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 10:04:46 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
yabusele had 6 rebounds 2 offensive in his first rookie game ,nader 12 points 4 rebounds,theis 7 rebounds 12 points-semi hit a three and had two boards-
You have been criticizing my complimentary nature and i watch everything i can
,And Green kept us from losing the chicago series-the hope of green and isaiah creating was backed by fact of their results together with the suns but didn't happen-TALK POSITIVE THINK NEGATIVE might do you some good

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I was really impressed with some of the new guys.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
yabusele had 6 rebounds 2 offensive in his first rookie game ,nader 12 points 4 rebounds,theis 7 rebounds 12 points-semi hit a three and had two boards-
,And Green kept us from losing the chicago series-the hope of green and isaiah creating was backed by fact of their results together with the suns but didn't happen-TALK POSITIVE THINK NEGATIVE might do you some good

Rollie, you're a favorite of many us in this group...don't worry about what posters might say. Speak your mind....don't start filtering. 

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I'm actually very optimistic for the season. In fact, I think we'll be in the Finals this year. I'm just realistic when it comes to overrating fringe players. Too many Conner Henry flash in the pan types come and go.

Theis - I like a lot. He's an upgrade over Jerebko (another one of your favorites) and can provide some rim running/energy this season.

Yabu - He has a good motor, but he's raw. And when I say "raw" I'm being kind to not say he flat out sucks. He has potential, but I'm very concerned about his lack of lift. Especially when going up against length.

Nader - Again, he's sort of a black hole. When he gets the ball he's usually going to shoot it. You can tell he's always had the ball in his hands and isn't used to moving the ball. His lateral quickness defensively is lacking. He won't be in the rotation and his minutes will be sporadic.

Ojeleye - Perhaps the NBA's Mike Mamula. A combine king who's numbers don't reflect on the court. Lacks motor. Limited ball-handling skills. If you want to think he's the next Crowder, then so be it.

Larkin - The season overseas did him well. Probably our team's only pure PG. Very effective in running PNR and controlling tempo.

BTW, it's kind of funny that you continually to chalk up Green as a win. He shot 40% from the field, played in only 47 games, and averaged just 11 MPG. He had a decent series against Chicago and hit a few wide open shots, but overall he sucked. The proof is in the pudding and not only did Ainge and co. not want him back, but he garnered limited interest in free agency and might not make the Bucks roster.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 12:12:25 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Rollie, you're a favorite of many us in this group...don't worry about what posters might say. Speak your mind....don't start filtering.

Calm down. He'll be fine. #nofilter

Semi still has a ton to work on, so does Nader. Both decent prospects though.

Theis on the other hand, looks like he will most definitely go into the usual rotation.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't know, Rolli - Cs 14th man was Young last season, which is Nader this season  ;)

I agree that Nader is a lot more aggressive and has some offensive talent, but Eddie is right on him being a black hole. Unless he is the ultimate teammate (like Gerald Green was), then he is going to need to learn to play more team-oriented ball. You don't get yourself into the rotation on a top playoff team by shooting the ball every time you touch it.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 02:08:14 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I was glad to see some assists and rebounds for Tatum. I think he'll figure out how to score at a high level; the difference maker for him will be if he is a black hole ball stopper or a positive part of an overall good offense. 5 assists is a good sign for the latter.

Basically, I hope he is more of a Pts/Rbs/Assts 22/7/3-4 kind of a SF rather than at 23/4/1-2.

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Yep. Nader isn't an explosive athlete by any means but he seems to know how to use angles to get his man on his hip and get to the rim. If he's able to make drives like he did last night and knock down shots, Rozier had better keep an eye on his minutes because Nader could be coming for them (as a backup guard alongside Smart).
If Nader can knock down 3's consistently he's going to force Brad to play him.  I think right now the biggest weakness they have - on paper anyway - is the 2nd unit's ability to score, apart from Tatum.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Black hole ,the red claws jack three's and lost their point guard and used Nader as a point forward -Yesterday he missed one three and after a nice baseline move missed his left hand finger roll that just rolled out-if that layup went he would have only missed a 3 point shot--this guy is ambidextrous and has a 7ft-1 wingspan-a nice game for a guy, who gave up good money to play in the celtics system-
At Iowa he was the 2nd option and wasn't aloud to jack up shots.
The Celts wanted him doing what he did in Maine drive and kick, shoot threes and averaged about 24 points.most of the season and about 40% till all star break-

4 out of 5 layups the one miss just rolled out and 1-2 threes and 4 rebounds yesterday-and had a hand in the face on opponents shots
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:45:24 AM by rollie mass »

Re: nader is no james young
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »

Offline TheOneTrueRobb

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 14
Nader is much more aggressive than Young.

Nader: Unsafe at any speed...
-------
------
-----
----
---