Author Topic: Lavar Ball to pull Melo from school to homeschool, blames school coach/admins  (Read 1856 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20898447/lavar-ball-homeschooling-lamelo-no-distractions

Basically, chino hills  high school got a new coach this year (3rd new coach in 3 years since Lavars kids have arrived). New coach had a problem with Lamelo Ball shooting 50 shots per game. School wouldn't fire coach so Lavar pulls his son to homeschool him, and Lavar publicly complains about school admins and coaches.

"It's a new coach and I don't like him one bit," LaVar said of Latimore. "[LaMelo]'s on track for UCLA, but he doesn't have to be dealing with those knuckleheads. I'm not letting them mess with his head anymore. You can put that on the principal and the coach over there.

"That coach has his own frame of mind on how he wants to play and who he picks in the team. OK, y'all got all that going on, let's see how you do without my tutelage. Without me training those players at my house. It seems like anybody who's training over here, that coach don't want him in the team."

"The coach made a comment the other day. He said, 'all those 50 shots a game, that's going to stop.' So I'm like, 'Wow,'" LaVar said. "And every kid he talks to, he asks which AAU program they play for and as soon as they mention my name, he goes the other way.  ;D

"I'm not going to put my son through all that.""
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:51:28 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20898447/lavar-ball-homeschooling-lamelo-no-distractions

Basically, chino hills  high school got a new coach this year (3rd new coach in 3 years since Lavars kids have arrived). New coach had a problem with Lamelo Ball shooting 50 shots per game. School wouldn't fire coach so Lavar pulls his son to homeschool him, and Lavar publicly complains about school admins and coaches.

"It's a new coach and I don't like him one bit," LaVar said of Latimore. "[LaMelo]'s on track for UCLA, but he doesn't have to be dealing with those knuckleheads. I'm not letting them mess with his head anymore. You can put that on the principal and the coach over there.

"That coach has his own frame of mind on how he wants to play and who he picks in the team. OK, y'all got all that going on, let's see how you do without my tutelage. Without me training those players at my house. It seems like anybody who's training over here, that coach don't want him in the team."

"The coach made a comment the other day. He said, 'all those 50 shots a game, that's going to stop.' So I'm like, 'Wow,'" LaVar said. "And every kid he talks to, he asks which AAU program they play for and as soon as they mention my name, he goes the other way.  ;D

I am actually disgusted that journalists haven't call this man a disgraceful egomaniac. He seems to be a protected species like the Kardashians because he feeds them quote worthy content and the media eats it up. He is no different to a child actors parents whom wants wealth, spotlight and fame, with very little interest in whats best for his children. This whole Ball family seems destined for a Dr. Phil situation where the kids eventually wake up to their nut of a father and it goes to the courts.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!

I am actually disgusted that journalists haven't call this man a disgraceful egomaniac. He seems to be a protected species like the Kardashians because he feeds them quote worthy content and the media eats it up. He is no different to a child actors parents whom wants wealth, spotlight and fame, with very little interest in whats best for his children. This whole Ball family seems destined for a Dr. Phil situation where the kids eventually wake up to their nut of a father and it goes to the courts.

It's sad when networks like ESPN, etc give this guy so much attention.

I'll admit, Lonzo probably will be great in the league (not Magic Johnson great, but still great), but LaMelo literally looks awful  :laugh:

I don't even blame the coach here LOL. Unfortunately LaVar has taken over everywhere.

But hey, if all this means he can go to the Lakers and suck there, I'll be all for it!  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I was with you until you mentioned Dr. Phil. Dr. Phil is more of a joke than Lavar Ball.

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

I was with you until you mentioned Dr. Phil. Dr. Phil is more of a joke than Lavar Ball.

It was just a term for a public falling out

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lavars new home is bigger than most schools .

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Are you sure you don't mean Lonzo's?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Yes Zo has his own room to do as he pleases.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yes Zo has his own room to do as he pleases.

lol

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If I'm a Ball kid, I go with the motto In Dad We Trust, because the dude has been right all along so far.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Always somebody else's fault, huh Lavar?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
If I'm a Ball kid, I go with the motto In Dad We Trust, because the dude has been right all along so far.
Idk .....he said Lonzo was better than Steph C but so far he's been a destitute man's Rondo...with a weird dad

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Idk .....he said Lonzo was better than Steph C but so far he's been a destitute man's Rondo...with a weird dad

He also said Lonzo will be bigger than Kobe, which I find to be more ridiculous.