Author Topic: Deadliest Mass Shooting In US history: Las Vegas 50+ dead, 200 hundred injured.  (Read 6997 times)

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1112
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:15:53 AM by JSD »

Re: Vegas Mass Shooting: 50+ dead, 200 hundred injured.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:06:50 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 495
The cell phone videos of this are crazy, I can't imagine being there while this is going on, makes me want to stay away from sporting events and concerts for good.  We're all easy targets
Greg

Re: Vegas Mass Shooting: 50+ dead, 200 hundred injured.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 07:10:31 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
This venue was particularly vulnerable with high rise buildings overlooking an open field crowd. But I do hear what you're saying.

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
Illegal gun was used in the shooting and illegal attachment.

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders

Offline jambr380

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 857
Just awful - those poor people and their families.

This stuff just doesn't make any sense. I suppose another gun debate will spark from this and then die down when it doesn't happen again for a couple of months.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: -27980
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
I will never understand murdering innocents, regardless of motive.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:16:28 AM by JSD »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders

This stuff just doesn't make any sense. I suppose another gun debate will spark from this and then die down when it doesn't happen again for a couple of months.

Not sure about that this time. A banned gun was used. Listen to it, it's a legitimate machine gun

Offline Celtics4ever

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 937
, makes me want to stay away from sporting events and concerts for good.  We're all easy target

As a veteran, let me give you some hard-earned advice. " when it is your time to go, it is your time to go."   

This venue was particularly vulnerable with high rise buildings overlooking an open field crowd. But I do hear what you're saying.

Honestly, I am surprised we do not have more stuff like this shooting.  Bottom line is we are vulnerable but you can't really stop all attacks without giving up a ton of freedom.   

What a bad guy got am illegal gun despite it being against the law?  Gun laws only work for honest people, just as locked doors only stop an honest man.

You can modify legal guns to fire automatically, though it is illegal.   Some gunsmiths can do and I am sure that there are instructions on the net.  It is very technical stuff though. 

What was the motive?   Shooting up a country music festival.   The seemed to have some sophistisfication in his planning.  So he was not crazy.    I think I read he had a criminal past. 

It is a terrible thing and my condolensces to those who lost loved ones.   
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:54:21 AM by Celtics4ever »

Offline Greyman

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 137
Horrific news. Thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones. Nobody expects this to happen when you go out to enjoy yourself. Senseless and heart breaking. I know most Australians will, like me, be saddened and thinking of our friends in the USA.

Offline jambr380

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 857

Not sure about that this time. A banned gun was used. Listen to it, it's a legitimate machine gun

But how are people getting these guns at all? Why do they even make them for anything other than military use?

And it's not like the AR-15 used in the Pulse massacre is much better. I won't go on about guns, but it is a real debate that always gets shut down after some time has passed.

Offline Surferdad

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 499
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

What a bad guy got am illegal gun despite it being against the law?  Gun laws only work for honest people, just as locked doors only stop an honest man.

Here we go again with the "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" argument.  While the sentiment may be true, it is not a good enough reason IMO to not enact stronger common-sense gun laws.  Reducing and discouraging illegitimate gun ownership by any means possible is worthwhile.

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
Maybe let the bodies, of the many victims senselessly and tragically killed, get cold before we start arguing that tired gun debate?

Online hpantazo

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Maybe let the bodies, of the many victims senselessly and tragically killed, get cold before we start arguing that tired gun debate?

If it wasn't for access to guns, there would be no mass collection of dead bodies. How did a single person manage to shoot almost 300 people before being taken down? Access to automatic weapons and likely some military training is my guess.