Author Topic: ESPN Mock Draft (9/23)  (Read 3973 times)

Re: ESPN Mock Draft (9/23)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 08:28:45 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
This is a silly order of teams picking for sure, but I am only really interested in Doncic or Bagley.  Yeah, the big men look good, but they're not absolute locks and they won't be starter ready for like 3 years or so.  I hope we get Doncic or Bagley or the pick rolls to the next year's King's pick.  I don't think Ayton for instance is going to have a lot of on court value for us next season if we were to draft him, although granted his trade value and future prospects would be/are pretty good.
Porter will certainly be starter ready in 3 years.

I have concerns about him, although I know I'm totally in the minority.  I still think he is going to be really good, I'm just not as excited about him as I am for the other two.

He has some of the worst tunnel vision / ball hogging tendencies I've ever seen.  Granted, he can also shoot, pass and is a freak athlete.  He just seems like ultimately his ceiling is being a 2nd or 3rd banana where Doncic & Bagley seem like they could ultimately be super stars.  Maybe I'm wrong but he has some really bad habits.

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
This is a silly order of teams picking for sure, but I am only really interested in Doncic or Bagley.  Yeah, the big men look good, but they're not absolute locks and they won't be starter ready for like 3 years or so.  I hope we get Doncic or Bagley or the pick rolls to the next year's King's pick.  I don't think Ayton for instance is going to have a lot of on court value for us next season if we were to draft him, although granted his trade value and future prospects would be/are pretty good.

Eh, the reason I want the Lakers pick this year is because there's three legit big man prospects with high ceilings, with Bagley being the crown jewel. We're pretty set with young talent from 1-4, but we need a big prospect for that 4/5 position to really round out the team.

Obviously, Bagley would be ideal, but I'd be happy with Bamba or Ayton.

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Eh, the reason I want the Lakers pick this year is because there's three legit big man prospects with high ceilings, with Bagley being the crown jewel. We're pretty set with young talent from 1-4, but we need a big prospect for that 4/5 position to really round out the team.

Obviously, Bagley would be ideal, but I'd be happy with Bamba or Ayton.
I’d rather not use a top 5 pick based on what position we need. It should be BPA. Especially since being “set” 1-4, I assume you’re counting Tatum and Brown, when neither has shown they will be great players in the NBA. It’s not like we have 4 current young all stars 1-4.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Eh, who cares.  We got rid of that loser, Isaiah Thomas.  More important than landing Bagley, imo.

That is not even slightly a little bit funny.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I want either Bagley, Ayton, or Porter in that order.  Not really interested in Doncic that much.