Author Topic: ESPN Mock Draft (9/23)  (Read 2144 times)

Re: ESPN Mock Draft (9/23)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 08:28:45 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
This is a silly order of teams picking for sure, but I am only really interested in Doncic or Bagley.  Yeah, the big men look good, but they're not absolute locks and they won't be starter ready for like 3 years or so.  I hope we get Doncic or Bagley or the pick rolls to the next year's King's pick.  I don't think Ayton for instance is going to have a lot of on court value for us next season if we were to draft him, although granted his trade value and future prospects would be/are pretty good.
Porter will certainly be starter ready in 3 years.

I have concerns about him, although I know I'm totally in the minority.  I still think he is going to be really good, I'm just not as excited about him as I am for the other two.

He has some of the worst tunnel vision / ball hogging tendencies I've ever seen.  Granted, he can also shoot, pass and is a freak athlete.  He just seems like ultimately his ceiling is being a 2nd or 3rd banana where Doncic & Bagley seem like they could ultimately be super stars.  Maybe I'm wrong but he has some really bad habits.

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 28
This is a silly order of teams picking for sure, but I am only really interested in Doncic or Bagley.  Yeah, the big men look good, but they're not absolute locks and they won't be starter ready for like 3 years or so.  I hope we get Doncic or Bagley or the pick rolls to the next year's King's pick.  I don't think Ayton for instance is going to have a lot of on court value for us next season if we were to draft him, although granted his trade value and future prospects would be/are pretty good.

Eh, the reason I want the Lakers pick this year is because there's three legit big man prospects with high ceilings, with Bagley being the crown jewel. We're pretty set with young talent from 1-4, but we need a big prospect for that 4/5 position to really round out the team.

Obviously, Bagley would be ideal, but I'd be happy with Bamba or Ayton.
Whatever crushes individuality is despotism, by whatever name it may be called and whether it professes to be enforcing the will of God or the injunctions of men.

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Eh, the reason I want the Lakers pick this year is because there's three legit big man prospects with high ceilings, with Bagley being the crown jewel. We're pretty set with young talent from 1-4, but we need a big prospect for that 4/5 position to really round out the team.

Obviously, Bagley would be ideal, but I'd be happy with Bamba or Ayton.
Id rather not use a top 5 pick based on what position we need. It should be BPA. Especially since being set 1-4, I assume youre counting Tatum and Brown, when neither has shown they will be great players in the NBA. Its not like we have 4 current young all stars 1-4.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 371
Eh, who cares.  We got rid of that loser, Isaiah Thomas.  More important than landing Bagley, imo.

That is not even slightly a little bit funny.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 71
I want either Bagley, Ayton, or Porter in that order.  Not really interested in Doncic that much.