Author Topic: Woj: Dwayne Wade To Sign With Cleveland On Wednesday  (Read 11725 times)

Re: Woj: Dwayne Wade To Sign With Cleveland On Wednesday
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2017, 04:37:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That Brooklyn is about to become very significant.

They can flip it for DeMarcus Cousins.

And when you have a starting 5 of...IT3/Wade/LeBron/Love/Cousins...oh man. Dangerous, dangerous.
With how weak NYK is now the Brooklyn pick is considerably less valuable. There are many teams on the same tier of terrible as Brooklyn, if not worse.

No way could they snag Cousins for just the pick. Love and the pick maybe
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

And when you have a starting 5 of...IT3/Wade/LeBron/Love/Cousins...oh man. Dangerous, dangerous.
With how weak NYK is now the Brooklyn pick is considerably less valuable. There are many teams on the same tier of terrible as Brooklyn, if not worse.

At the tradeline the BRK pick would be an overpay if NOP is out of the playoff race and Boogie is thinking about leaving.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2017, 07:02:26 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

At the tradeline the BRK pick would be an overpay if NOP is out of the playoff race and Boogie is thinking about leaving.

You're not wrong Roy, but what other asset do they have? Will The Pelicans take something like Tristian Thompson and filler for DMC? Cleveland has no picks right?

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2017, 07:13:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Does Wade even move the needle for Cleveland? At this point in his career, I don't think so.

I'm curious as to the terms of the deal. Is it a one year deal or multiple years? Are the number of years any indication of LeBron's plans?

certainly. his contract is nothing and he can be the Cavs version of Sean Livingston.
Can create his own shot, get to the line, and can be a scoring option especially vs 2nd units.

Great signing. That is a roster that can beat Cleveland in my opinion.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2017, 07:16:01 AM »

Offline stes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14

You're not wrong Roy, but what other asset do they have? Will The Pelicans take something like Tristian Thompson and filler for DMC? Cleveland has no picks right?

They also have their own pick this year. But I could see them going for Marc Gasol, which could arguably be even more frightening, in my opinion. I think Shumpert-Frye-salaryfiller(Zizic?)-brn1st gets it done. And a Gasol-Love-James front court would be the best in the league by a mile.

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2017, 07:31:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Does anyone here think DMC and LeBron can coexist?   I don't.

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2017, 09:10:14 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Outside shooting and D are areas of weakness, but depth will make up for that.

If Lue splits minutes effectively to keep players fresh, you're gonna see shooters (Korver, Frye, Smith, Green, Crowder) and defenders (Shump, Smith?, Green?, Crowder) subbing in to help in game specific scenarios.

Lue has 15 guys to use like a Swiss Army knife. Crowder and Green, I believe, will be massively useful for helping LeBron on the wing, keeping him fresh.

IT, Rose, Wade can push the offense with second units, and Love remains a big #2 scoring option behind LeBron.

Calderon, Jefferson and some others may need to be cut. Pretty interesting overall if you ask me.

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

If Lue splits minutes effectively to keep players fresh, you're gonna see shooters (Korver, Frye, Smith, Green, Crowder) and defenders (Shump, Smith?, Green?, Crowder) subbing in to help in game specific scenarios.

A lineup of IT, Wade, LeBron, Crowder, Love for example would be really interesting.  They can do a lot of cool things with that lineup and they have a lot of shooting to help Wade out.  It's an interesting roster.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

A lineup of IT, Wade, LeBron, Crowder, Love for example would be really interesting.  They can do a lot of cool things with that lineup and they have a lot of shooting to help Wade out.  It's an interesting roster.

Offensively that would be a lot of fun to watch. Defensively its borderline hilarious. Crowder has become overrated defensively, Love is what he is, and IT+ Wade has to be in the contention for the worst defensive back court in the NBA.
#JKJB