Author Topic: Cavs Imply Celtics' Rehab Program For IT was Inferior to Cavs' Program  (Read 4291 times)

Re: Cavs Claim Celtics' Rehab Program For IT was Inferior to Cavs' Program
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
the article doesn't say what the thread title says.  I'm not sure it is even implied. 

EDIT: footey has the actual quotes, and again I don't think that claims what the title says it does

I think the quote I pulled is virtually the same thing as what I say in the title. Not sure why you would second guess that.
because maybe he needed the 3 months of rest before he could do anything else and he was traded before Boston's doctors were able to adjust his schedule.

I'm not arguing that, but didn't you get the impression that this news report, provided by the Cavs' organization, implied that the Cavs' rehab program for IT was better than the Celtics' program?  I sure did.
I didn't get that implication at all, especially since they are using one of the same doctors that IT was already seeing when he was with the Celtics.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:48:48 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Cavs Imply Celtics' Rehab Program For IT was Inferior to Cavs' Program
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I see this as propaganda as well. They have to quell the fears of their fandom that they didn't trade KI for someone who might not be back this year or not back this year at 100%.

I think IT is very important to Cleveland and they have to get word out of such. Without IT re-signing in Cleveland, the Cavs chances of retaining Lebron drop considerably, IMHO.

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
the article doesn't say what the thread title says.  I'm not sure it is even implied. 

EDIT: footey has the actual quotes, and again I don't think that claims what the title says it does

I think the quote I pulled is virtually the same thing as what I say in the title. Not sure why you would second guess that.
because maybe he needed the 3 months of rest before he could do anything else and he was traded before Boston's doctors were able to adjust his schedule.

I'm not arguing that, but didn't you get the impression that this news report, provided by the Cavs' organization, implied that the Cavs' rehab program for IT was better than the Celtics' program?  I sure did.

I sure didn't.

To me it sounds like you're assuming the Day 1 plan would have been the same from both medical staffs, something we'll never know.  I think it's a common occurrence for rest to be the first thing prescribed, then re-evaluated after a period of time.  Had IT still been with the C's, they too might have now shifted strategies after IT's hip showed minimal improvement via rest.  On the flip side, had IT incurred this injury with the Cavs, they too might have prescribed rest first. 

When you don't react properly to the first treatment method, you try another.  That might be all that's happening here.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I sure didn't.

To me it sounds like you're assuming the Day 1 plan would have been the same from both medical staffs, something we'll never know.  I think it's a common occurrence for rest to be the first thing prescribed, then re-evaluated after a period of time.  Had IT still been with the C's, they too might have now shifted strategies after IT's hip showed minimal improvement via rest.  On the flip side, had IT incurred this injury with the Cavs, they too might have prescribed rest first. 

When you don't react properly to the first treatment method, you try another.  That might be all that's happening here.
Yep, especially as nick pointed out they are consulting with his original doctor and have been the whole time. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 07:19:38 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It's only a matter of time before this injury rears it's ugly little head again.

That said, I'm sure the Cavs are taking it one year at a time. For Cleveland, the name of the game for this year has to be to get IT healthy, and ready for the playoffs.

IF LBJ considers staying with the Cavs, I'm not sure IT will be his choice at PG, and also, I'm not sure how IT will handle LeBron bringing the ball up court 75% of the time either.

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
it's called the LeBron Juice.....available in Florida too.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 08:36:23 PM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
If true then it confirms we were behind in terms of a modern medical and training approach

Then again it also sounds like the cavs are justifying their own trade, trying to look good in the media

But if Isaiah comes back early and gets injured again it's all on them,  maybe the old staff was right

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 09:00:56 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Cavs can imply whatever they want, but still they are inferior franchise to Celtics in all aspects.
I thought what would be the shortest thought test to kind of prove that point and came up with:

How many titles would we win with 11 seasons of Lebron James? And, would he leave us during the seasons age 26-29?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:52:26 PM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 11:19:07 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Might be. C's medical staff have hardly covered themselves in glory over last 10 years.

Hard to define 'glory' here, but the fact that they spotted the heart defects of both Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox count as pretty major wins in my book.  Possibly saved both their lives.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 11:23:51 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sounds like propaganda to me. They're still saying he'll be out until January at the very least. They're probably just doing all they can to convince Lebron, who is in a contract year, that they didn't trade for an injured player that they knew would miss a good portion of the season.
It might be. But it also reminds me of the last time (that I can remember) the Celtics made a major change in their medical staff in the off season - after Kevin McHale injured his foot and kept playing.  He was never the same player.

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 12:43:01 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Out until january. Surprised so little is being talked about this

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 10:52:05 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't know about medical staffs, but Ainge sure did dodge a bullet trading IT for Irving. Did he know IT would be out for a couple months? I don't know, but clearly the Celtics would have been in a pickle at PG if they hadn't made the deal. They would have been looking for another PG, perhaps in a trade for Bradley and/or Crowder.

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 10:58:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Whelp

if you can believe the world is flat

maybe IT can grow a new leg too.

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Can the league PLEASE investigate the Cavaliers if Isaiah actually manages to return late December-early January  >:(

That's it?

The way the Cavaliers made it sound like a month ago, Isaiah broke every single bone in his body and would likely be out 90% of the year, HENCE the extra compensation they wanted...  >:(

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller