3 (5%)
Thunder
11 (18.3%)
Celtics
4 (6.7%)
Other team named below
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: D Wade bought out by Chicago. Where is he going?  (Read 12548 times)

Re: D Wade bought out by Chicago. Where is he going?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
When people looked at player comps. for Jaylen before, a lot said his ceiling is Jimmy Butler, but some also said he can be an elite two-way wing player like D. Wade

Don't think he even considers coming here but his leadership and experience could definitely help a lot of our young guys.

Hard pass, all he does for us right now is take minutes away from guys like Jaylen Brown. Nope, no thanks.

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 11:11:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I can't see him choosing Boston when the money is same or less than other teams, however signing him would improve Boston's bench a great deal (by putting both Brown and Smart on it) and it would keep Wade away from the Cavs, which would be an added bonus. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
MaineRedClaws

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 11:43:08 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I would not rule out Boston.  We need a veteran wing to start at SG.  We would be better to let Smart and Brown come off the bench.  At age 35, I am not sure what he has left.  Last season he averaged about 18 p/gm on about 30 min/gm, albeit at pretty low efficiency.

I am going to vote OKC.  Westbrook-Wade-George-Anthony-Adams.  That is probably his best shot.  Cleveland is a risk due to IT's injury and I am not sure why he would want back in on Lebron and all that comes with that.

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 11:50:29 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
... I am not sure why he would want back in on Lebron and all that comes with that.

I think he likes Lebron. They vacation together. He probably wouldn't mind being in the Finals again, either.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:59 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's tough to predict because usually you'd expect ring-chasing, but Wade doesn't need to do that and chose the $ in signing his Bulls deal. But the only real non-contender destination that makes sense is going back to Miami, which feels kinda pointless if he plans to play beyond this year.

I think OKC is the "exciting" destination but Cleveland's the most likely, they need an SG and LeBron already went to Wade's team.

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 11:56:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think people are fooling themselves if they think Wade is coming to Boston. Its Cleveland if he wants to be back in the Finals. IT, Wade, Lebron, Love and Thomas with all those vets coming off the bench has to appeal to him. Especially being with one of his best friends in the world in Lebron.

Only other team I could see him joining would by Miami, for a last year or so before retirement.

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
At the end of the day I see him going back to Miami. At this stage in his career and his life, I think he will weigh his personal life and living location more than anything else

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 12:11:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It will be interesting to see where he goes, what kind of role he has, and how effective he is this season.

I would be happy if he chose Boston, but I can't imagine they are even on his radar. It's probably between CLE, OKC, and MIA. No idea who is the front runner.

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 12:19:32 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
OKC or Cleveland

or he could pull a hypocrite move and join GSW for the vet min

It would be very funny if he joined The Warriors... It'd be a big middle finger to LeBron! I don't think wade has much left... He looked cooked in last years playoffs!

Did he? I thought he had some good games early on in the playoffs... like 2 of the first 3? Am I making that up? Or do you mean from that point forward he looked cooked?

It would be weird having DWade on the Celtics, I always thought he was a dirty player with a rigged finals MVP (not his fault but I don't like him so I'm putting it out there).
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 12:57:54 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I think the Clippers would be a good team for him.

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It will be interesting to see where he goes, what kind of role he has, and how effective he is this season.

I would be happy if he chose Boston, but I can't imagine they are even on his radar. It's probably between CLE, OKC, and MIA. No idea who is the front runner.

Woj said SAS is in the mix too, but yeah Boston doesn't seem to be an option at all. Which is probably fine after the defense he played in the playoffs.

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I would imagine any interest from Boston in Wade, has to start with input from their big three, especially Kyrie. As interesting as it would be, I don't want him on the Celtics, as I believe he could easily have a negative impact on the younger players.

BTW, I can't believe the Bulls caved and bought him out. Wade opted into that second year deal and was immediately asking for a buyout. The Bulls should have told his agent that if he opted into the second year, then there would be no buyout.

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Hard pass. He threw his teammates under a bus, plus his defense sucks now.p

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
If Wade goes to OKC then half of the Melo/Wade/James/Paul fun bunch would already be on one team. 

If Westbrooks decides not to re-sign with OKC, and George goes to LA, then they'd have enough cap space to sign LeBron and perhaps Paul.

It's not LA fun, but those four in OKC would fulfill their dream.