Author Topic: A moment to praise Lebron  (Read 7387 times)

Re: A moment to praise Lebron
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Praise lebron for what? Calling someone a derogatory term (against homeless)? Since when was it ok to call people childish names, especially as an adult? Our flag deserves respect as does our president. I have lost a ton of respect for lebron after the ridiculous name calling

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Praise lebron for what? Calling someone a derogatory term (against homeless)? Since when was it ok to call people childish names, especially as an adult? Our flag deserves respect as does our president. I have lost a ton of respect for lebron after the ridiculous name calling

Serious question: do you even take yourself seriously saying something like this? Because I know you're well aware of Trump's extensive decades-long history of calling people worse things than "bum", including the last President, and you have nothing but fawning praise for him. Why would anyone believe the dramatic show of offense is at all genuine?

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 05:54:38 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I know some on here dislike Lebron but you have to say this man is one of the all time great representative of the NBA. Only a few months earlier he was publicly mocked by Curry and his teammates (including our own Irving) at a wedding, he could have easily blown up on social media but he kept quiet and now has done the opposite and stood up for Curry and the Warriors.

I still think Jordan has the greatest career resume but Lebron is up there with Bill Russell as the greatest human in the leagues superstar ranks.

Did he inflict some DNA to you as well?

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »

Offline thatruthb34

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 20
I once hated LBJ with everything that consumed me. And while it could be off topic in regards to the OP's topic and reason for praising, I realized that we are literally witnessing greatness. Whether he's been our biggest "rival" or not, a talent like this doesn't come around often and I am happy to say that I have grown up watching and appreciating the things that man does with a basketball. When he's gone I hope that more people appreciate his game and what it was.

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 06:43:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Serious question: do you even take yourself seriously saying something like this? Because I know you're well aware of Trump's extensive decades-long history of calling people worse things than "bum", including the last President, and you have nothing but fawning praise for him. Why would anyone believe the dramatic show of offense is at all genuine?
so 2 wrongs make a right?

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 06:51:40 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Yes the flag deserves respect.
The presidency deserves respect. Trump has zero respect for the presidency. It's about him, not the great USA.

Lebron not going to give respect to someone who doesn't respect his position as President.
Trump openly rescinds invitation to whitehouse and you're bringing up respect and childishness?
The guy is a disgusting child of a grown man let alone a worthy president of USA.

Good on Lebron for sticking up for his fellow influential nba player.

Trump is nothing but a bully. So sad for this great nation.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

so 2 wrongs make a right?
Nope but you are only criticizng one of the wrongs. Why?

Me? I could care less if Lebron calls Trump a bum but I do have a problem with our president using foul language in a speech to denigrate other Americans. That is disrespectful to his office as president.

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 07:18:33 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think both were acting childish.

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 07:22:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Political conversation is not allowed except in the Current Events forum. This will be the only warning.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2017, 07:24:16 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Political conversation is not allowed except in the Current Events forum. This will be the only warning.

TP

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sorry Roy. Been in the Trump thread so much I just forgot where I was posting. Lol.

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2017, 10:14:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

I mean, I don't mean to start anything or offend anyone here, but isn't this topic basically a political conversation that belongs in that Current Events thread?

I mean, this isn't really a Lebron the basketball player convo. here, and many people have brought up politics already here.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2017, 11:42:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I mean, I don't mean to start anything or offend anyone here, but isn't this topic basically a political conversation that belongs in that Current Events thread?

I mean, this isn't really a Lebron the basketball player convo. here, and many people have brought up politics already here.

No, labeling a basketball player a great humanitarian is not inherently political. Comparing eras is not inherently political.

Starting another conversation about Trump, however, is.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
bum isn't exactly a derogatory term towards homeless.  The word has like 20 different meanings. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 12:33:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

No, labeling a basketball player a great humanitarian is not inherently political. Comparing eras is not inherently political.

Starting another conversation about Trump, however, is.

Fair enough.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller