Author Topic: A moment to praise Lebron  (Read 7442 times)

A moment to praise Lebron
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:48:09 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I know some on here dislike Lebron but you have to say this man is one of the all time great representative of the NBA. Only a few months earlier he was publicly mocked by Curry and his teammates (including our own Irving) at a wedding, he could have easily blown up on social media but he kept quiet and now has done the opposite and stood up for Curry and the Warriors.

I still think Jordan has the greatest career resume but Lebron is up there with Bill Russell as the greatest human in the leagues superstar ranks.

Re: A moment to praise Lebron
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 12:53:08 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I like him...can't stand Curry.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 12:53:40 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I applaud him for standing up for Curry but don't ever compare Lebron to Bill Russell. Russell fought for the rights of black people. Lebron was letting himself used by Hilary during the election.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He has definitely stepped up as far as what he stands for.

He gets much respect from me and I admire him as a player and person.

With that being said I hope Kyrie, The Haymaker and BOS give him the business on Oct 17.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 12:55:54 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Calling the President a bum (even if he is acting childish) is nothing compared to what Bill Russell did for black people and what he endured as well.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 12:58:08 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I applaud him for standing up for Curry don't ever compare Lebron to Bill Russell. Russell fought for the rights of black people. Lebron was letting himself used by Hilary during the election.

Well...LeBron James has garnered much respect from none other than Jim Brown...that is no small feat.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-jim-brown-statue-for-winning-title-062016

I agree that He and Mr. Russell are two different levels but LeBron is stepping up well during "his" time.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:04:15 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
I applaud him for standing up for Curry don't ever compare Lebron to Bill Russell. Russell fought for the rights of black people. Lebron was letting himself used by Hilary during the election.

Well...LeBron James has garnered much respect from none other than Jim Brown...that is no small feat.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-jim-brown-statue-for-winning-title-062016

I agree that He and Mr. Russell are two different levels but LeBron is stepping up well during "his" time.

Im pretty sure that's only because Lebron was the only relevant athlete playing for that city in past several decades. Im sure Brad Daugherty or Mark Price would have the same honor if they won a championship for the Cavs.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:26 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Im pretty sure that's only because Lebron was the only relevant athlete playing for that city in past several decades. Im sure Brad Daugherty or Mark Price would have the same honor if they won a championship for the Cavs.

Mr. Brown has also given LeBron James praise on racial issues - like how he handled his house in LA being vandalized.

LeBron James is able to do what he does NOW because of Mr. Russell's sacrifices - this is true. But I really believe that he is using his platform well.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:36 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
For all the grief Lebron gets I think this deserves some respect. He's coming together with his greatest rival on the court, who has basically outright mocked him, and he's doing it for non-basketball and non-marketing reasons.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:42 AM »

• Bill Walton
I applaud him for standing up for Curry but don't ever compare Lebron to Bill Russell. Russell fought for the rights of black people. Lebron was letting himself used by Hilary during the election.

I completely understand that Bill is on another level but they are also in completely different eras where the majority of James’ income comes from corporate sponsorship, I’m actually sure that he would be constantly advised against making any political statements, something he usually goes against. If you look at MJ, Kobe, Magic ect. they almost always keep quiet. The ‘decision’ which caused so much hate towards Lebron raised 3 million for charity and none was kept for him, in 2015 his charity raised 41 million for kids to go to college...this from a man in his early 30’s is quite amazing.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 01:16:34 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I completely understand that Bill is on another level but they are also in completely different eras where the majority of James’ income comes from corporate sponsorship, I’m actually sure that he would be constantly advised against making any political statements, something he usually goes against. If you look at MJ, Kobe, Magic ect. they almost always keep quiet. The ‘decision’ which caused so much hate towards Lebron raised 3 million for charity and none was kept for him, in 2015 his charity raised 41 million for kids to go to college...this from a man in his early 30’s is quite amazing.

Eh considering the divisiveness of the current Presdient i don't think Lebron wouldn't lose much or at all if he criticized this President.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 01:22:22 AM »

• Bill Walton

Eh considering the divisiveness of the current Presdient i don't think Lebron wouldn't lose much or at all if he criticized this President.

You’d be surprised at some of his sponsors whom probably campaigned for Trump and give money to the Republican Party wouldn’t be too happy. If you are giving millions of dollars to an athlete you want him to not isolate any income sources. There would be fans of trump out there who wouldn’t buy anything endorsed by Lebron now...hence why most superstars say nothing.

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 01:24:30 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Trump is even divisive in his own party. I doubt this will Lebron, and if it does it's very little.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 01:37:24 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Im pretty sure many athletes are raising charities. It was nothing new. Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather are providing charities for the poor from the portion of their fight purse and so on.

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »

• Bill Walton

Im pretty sure many athletes are raising charities. It was nothing new. Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather are providing charities for the poor from the portion of their fight purse and so on.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/aug/30/houstonchronicle-tvcom/its-fake-news-floyd-mayweather-jr-donated-200-mill/