Author Topic: Woj Bomb: Melo to OKC  (Read 12676 times)

Re: Woj Bomb: Melo to OKC
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 02:44:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
OKC will be a FUN team to watch this year (along with Minnesota and Boston)  ;D

But I also think this move could mean "George-To-LAL" or "Westbrook-To-LAL" hype is close to dead.

Especially if OKC gels, hard to see either going to the Lakers after this season, and Westbrook and Ball both CAN NOT co-exist on the same team.

Some of my Lakers friends are MAD at this move b/c they think George stays in OKC now  :laugh:

But also because the West continues to get STACKED.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Give Presti and Co. credit. They've acquired two star players - one firmly in his prime - to pair with a reigning MVP in exchange for Victor Oladipo, Enes Kanter, Domantis Sabonis, Doug McDermott, and a Chicago 2nd rounder.
one year rental of both.  Gutted bench

I don't care if you literally have 8 mannequins for a bench, you trade that pile of garbage for George/Melo a hundred time out of a hundred. Even if both stick around for only one year you could argue that just getting Kanters and Oladipos salary off the books is a win.

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 02:55:27 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
OKC will be a FUN team to watch this year (along with Minnesota and Boston)  ;D

But I also think this move could mean "George-To-LAL" or "Westbrook-To-LAL" hype is close to dead.

Especially if OKC gels, hard to see either going to the Lakers after this season, and Westbrook and Ball both CAN NOT co-exist on the same team.

Some of my Lakers friends are MAD at this move b/c they think George stays in OKC now  :laugh:

But also because the West continues to get STACKED.

There are a lot of teams in the west now that will have to prove themselves. Can Cousins and Davis coexist? Can OKC gel? Will Paul and Harden work together? Will Minnesota's Talent win out over fit? Depending on how these questions are answered we could have ZERO major movement next offseason, or another crazy one.

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
So...if Melo and PG stay in OKC with Westbrook, does Lebron still want to go to the Western Conference next season?

Naw

I predict Lebron will retire after next season

He showed me last season he is content with what he has done/accomplished

After next season the Cavs are going to trade Love etc for the purpose to rebuild

Lebron either becomes the new president of basketball operations or something left field and joins the Clippers as the new president.

His playing days in the league will soon be over.
Can't disagree with this more. Lebron is going to be around until late in his 30's. He still has about $150+ million to earn and he is still in amazing physical condition.

Don't know where he will play as Cleveland is looking less and less likely to keep him, but Lebron will be around a while.
Where is Lebron going to go where he can be competitive?  Lakers would have no chance in the West unless Lebron and 2 other top stars take a lot less than Max to go there.  In the East, he'd be more competitive staying on the Cavs than any other team he could feasibly go to. 

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 02:57:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Give Presti and Co. credit. They've acquired two star players - one firmly in his prime - to pair with a reigning MVP in exchange for Victor Oladipo, Enes Kanter, Domantis Sabonis, Doug McDermott, and a Chicago 2nd rounder.

Not really

As long as one or two of melo , pg13, rw are on the court at all times...
Until they put Raymond Felton and Kyle singler in the game and then what?

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 02:58:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So...if Melo and PG stay in OKC with Westbrook, does Lebron still want to go to the Western Conference next season?

Naw

After next season the Cavs are going to trade Love etc for the purpose to rebuild

Lebron either becomes the new president of basketball operations or something left field and joins the Clippers as the new president.

Can't disagree with this more. Lebron is going to be around until late in his 30's. He still has about $150+ million to earn and he is still in amazing physical condition.

Don't know where he will play as Cleveland is looking less and less likely to keep him, but Lebron will be around a while.
Where is Lebron going to go where he can be competitive?  Lakers would have no chance in the West unless Lebron and 2 other top stars take a lot less than Max to go there.  In the East, he'd be more competitive staying on the Cavs than any other team he could feasibly go to.
okc

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 02:58:54 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Naw

But why? He has many of the top records already

Yes he could win more championships but winning 3 is good enough

He can make his money in other ways. He is already filthy rich.  And you think he wants to keep moving around?  He knows what he did to cleveland can only happen once

He is not going to the lakers and play with ball or deal with a pain like Lavar either

And he is not going to keep playing with this cavs roster to hit the wall in the finals. I predict he will retire either after this season or next and abruptly

There's plenty more to play for. I don't understand this line of thinking. He currently sits 7th on the NBA's all-time scoring list, 12th in assists. 1 more MVP win puts him on MJ's and Bill Russell's level, 2 more matches Kareem's all-time record.

LeBron's playing for history at this point.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Now they need to get rid of Roberson and replace him with a two-way SG.

Then they have a starting 5 that can go toe-to-toe with the Warriors.

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 03:07:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This will either be really fun to watch or become an absolute dumpster fire.
One doesn't preclude the other.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 03:09:09 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Not really

As long as one or two of melo , pg13, rw are on the court at all times...
Until they put Raymond Felton and Kyle singler in the game and then what?
Felton should be significantly better than the backup PGs that they had last year and Singler won't see the court much.  Felton, Abrines, Patterson and Grant will be their bench. 

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2017, 03:12:52 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Now they need to get rid of Roberson and replace him with a two-way SG.

Then they have a starting 5 that can go toe-to-toe with the Warriors.
2-way wings are expensive so that is a pipe dream.  They have Arines to provide some offense off the bench. 

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2017, 03:14:31 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Naw

okc
How is that going to work?  Lebron isn't going to take the MLE. 

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »

Offline stes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
I could see D.Wade joining the OKC after getting bought out sometime this season. I'm not saying it would work out well, but he's a 2 guard and they definitely could use one

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2017, 03:28:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Naw

True but I also don't think Cleveland ownership will want him back at another outrageous salary that keeps them in lottery hell. There's just so much money they can lose yearly before they come to the decision that Lebron just isn't worth it fiscally. I just think Cleveland might be at that point right now, otherwise why trade for the Brooklyn pick if not to rebuild without Lebron?

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2017, 03:37:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Naw

What an odd prediction.