Author Topic: Porzingis Is The Wiser Trade Target For Ainge, Not AD. Here's Why.  (Read 9088 times)

Re: Porzingis Is The Wiser Trade Target For Ainge, Not AD. Here's Why.
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 548
BUMP.

With Melo to OKC, Knicks will officially be a garbage team next season.

Kanter isn't horrible, but if we're comparing Melo and Kanter, the Knicks at least this year will still suck.

Maybe suck just enough to make KP demand a trade after this season?  ???

I mean how often do guys coming off a rookie contract demand a trade? I cant really think of a situation where it happened. The team owing your rights has all the leverage. Next summer KP will still have a year left on his rookie deal and then NY will have match rights. IF KP is as good as we think he will be they will match everything up to a max and be happy. So unless KP wants to risk taking the 1 year tender he really cant force himself out. Especially now that he's gonna be the center piece of that team, and that Phil Jackson is out.

Hey, there's always a first time for everything!  ;)

And I mean, KP was technically out there on the trade market (even if not that serious) this past summer for some time, so it's not an impossible scenario.Things happen and the Knicks FO is a mess, plus Dolan still exists.

Very unlikely but not impossible.

Yep, I'm gonna be watching both the Knicks and Pelicans very closely hoping for complete implosions.

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 07:50:31 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I don't think trading Tatum and Lakers pick is a good deal for us, at this stage. Too risky where Tatum could turn out to be a huge star (odds point in that direction) and Lakers pick could yield one of Porter Jr., Bagley Jr., Bamba, Ayton or Doncic.

I'm fine standing put where we are and running this squad for a few years.

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
I don't think trading Tatum and Lakers pick is a good deal for us, at this stage. Too risky where Tatum could turn out to be a huge star (odds point in that direction) and Lakers pick could yield one of Porter Jr., Bagley Jr., Bamba, Ayton or Doncic.

Even for Anthony Davis?

I mean if it's Tatum OR Brown, and Lakers Pick, then nothing much besides salary filler... I think you'd be silly not to do it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 11:12:59 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

How do you get that the odds point to him being a huge star?  He hasn't even played a regular season game yet!

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

How do you get that the odds point to him being a huge star?  He hasn't even played a regular season game yet!

Paul Pierce said so! And he speaks THE TRUTH!  8)

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2017, 11:24:34 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
BUMP.

With Melo to OKC, Knicks will officially be a garbage team next season.

Kanter isn't horrible, but if we're comparing Melo and Kanter, the Knicks at least this year will still suck.

Maybe suck just enough to make KP demand a trade after this season?  ???

I mean how often do guys coming off a rookie contract demand a trade? I cant really think of a situation where it happened. The team owing your rights has all the leverage. Next summer KP will still have a year left on his rookie deal and then NY will have match rights. IF KP is as good as we think he will be they will match everything up to a max and be happy. So unless KP wants to risk taking the 1 year tender he really cant force himself out. Especially now that he's gonna be the center piece of that team, and that Phil Jackson is out.

Hey, there's always a first time for everything!  ;)

And I mean, KP was technically out there on the trade market (even if not that serious) this past summer for some time, so it's not an impossible scenario.Things happen and the Knicks FO is a mess, plus Dolan still exists.

Very unlikely but not impossible.

Yep, I'm gonna be watching both the Knicks and Pelicans very closely hoping for complete implosions.

Same. But at least be a little better than the Lakers, too.  ;)

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 04:36:06 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
My problem with Porzingis is, that he is injury prone. Again today he got an injury. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702647-kristaps-porzingis-leaves-knicks-practice-with-knee-injury-undergoing-treatment?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

I don't think you can compare Porzingis and AD at the moment, and the price of Porzingis can't be even close to AD. AD is almost impossible to sign, as the price will be really steep and it will only happen if it all explodes in New Orleans.

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
My problem with Porzingis is, that he is injury prone. Again today he got an injury. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702647-kristaps-porzingis-leaves-knicks-practice-with-knee-injury-undergoing-treatment?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

I don't think you can compare Porzingis and AD at the moment, and the price of Porzingis can't be even close to AD. AD is almost impossible to sign, as the price will be really steep and it will only happen if it all explodes in New Orleans.

He got injured again? Dang. I didn't know.

And that's what we're hoping, that Pelicans explode and then Davis "pulls a Kyrie" of sorts  :laugh: