Author Topic: Perkins signs with Cleveland  (Read 2746 times)

Re: Perkins signs with Cleveland
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 04:21:45 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I like perk as a person so much that i can easily say good for him, take the paycheck.  If he doesn't play 10 minutes a game who cares.  A stand up guy who should cash in before his relatively short career (compared to life) ends and its coming

i thought that as well, and then looked up his numbers, as it turns out he has played 781 game + playoffs, which would mean like full 10 seasons. I have never been a big Perk fan, IMHO he was a product of Doc and KG, did well in that system, and Danny made a great move by not getting him a big contract(again, danny's brilliance).
I think he is a good guy, and wish him all the best.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 05:40:40 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
That's a great signing despite the fact he won't be playing much.

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 06:33:29 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I like perk as a person so much that i can easily say good for him, take the paycheck.  If he doesn't play 10 minutes a game who cares.  A stand up guy who should cash in before his relatively short career (compared to life) ends and its coming

i thought that as well, and then looked up his numbers, as it turns out he has played 781 game + playoffs, which would mean like full 10 seasons. I have never been a big Perk fan, IMHO he was a product of Doc and KG, did well in that system, and Danny made a great move by not getting him a big contract(again, danny's brilliance).
I disagree with Danny making a great move.  Once that trade went down the C's were never the same.  Although he was not  a great player he was a great player on that team. It was a poor trade all around and the Celtics were never the same.  I know it was about money but I would have preferred to give to Perk instead of Green. Jeff "fing" Green was anything but a Celtic   Arghhh that trade still makes me throw up.

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 06:57:42 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

I disagree with Danny making a great move.  Once that trade went down the C's were never the same.  Although he was not  a great player he was a great player on that team. It was a poor trade all around and the Celtics were never the same.  I know it was about money but I would have preferred to give to Perk instead of Green. Jeff "fing" Green was anything but a Celtic   Arghhh that trade still makes me throw up.
jeff had tough luck with that heart disorder, and trading an overhyped player for a young promising talent was the max you could get out of the situation. Yes it did mess up the team chemistry, but it would mess up the entire dynasty if you sign a 36/4(edit) year deal or whatever.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
My take on Perk is that he lost his value once the NBA became devoid of quality post-players.  We all know Perk was severely limited but he was such a crucial part to our defense during the big three era.  The game has changed so much over the past ten years.  The emphasis on skill and shooting has rendered Perk useless.