Author Topic: Honestly, I Wonder, Why Did Kyrie Agree To That First Take Interview?  (Read 3349 times)

Re: Honestly, I Wonder, Why Did Kyrie Agree To That First Take Interview?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I think it would have been wise to avoid the interview altogether as Phantom255x suggests, but this is not always a choice you can make.

Given the awkwardness of the situation, he managed well and kept his cool throughout; it could have easily been much worse.

He came off as an opinionated and stubborn guy. I love that.

PS He sure has a big ego, and this would have been a major red flag if he were not talented. But the talent is there, and the big ego-big talent combo can work out pretty well.

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Kyrie cares too much what people think about him.

He's got to try and explain everything....which is fine.

If he can turn into a true point guard or at least make the right PG plays that's all that matters to me.

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Kyrie strikes me as someone who thinks he's a lot smarter than he is. That can be dangerous.

It seems like he didn't like the narrative of him leaving Cleveland, so he went on tv to try and fix it. However, he was not self aware enough to realize that he's not going to change the narrative by dodging questions.

Going to Boston should be great for Kyrie though. Since the C's have a large established fan base Celtics fans are more likely to care about his performance for the green and white rather than why he left LeBron.

Personally I do not care why he left LeBron or the national media narrative, I just care about results.

Better hope he can tone down his ego, because otherwise, WOOF, he's going to get annihilated by the Boston media and fans alike. Not a good recipe.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Now I do wish First Take asked a lot more about Kyrie and the CELTICS (and Brad Stevens, etc.) as opposed to the trade rumors itself and Lebron

I think this is the case. He probably expected more of a balance in the questioning.

Yeah, that's a good point.

And while I agree I think Kyrie should have NOT done the interview, another part of me thinks he's really happy to be out of Lebron's shadow.

I mean, think about it, he goes on First Take as a Celtics player and all he gets asked is, "did you tell Lebron that you wanted out", "do you think you hurt Lebron's feelings" (YUCK)  ::)

Kevin Love, a walking double-double, has been a punching bag for James these last few years and was on EVERY single trade rumor this past summer (but no one wanted him lol). If it weren't for GSW blowing a 3-1 lead, guarantee you Love would have been shipped out the next day by LeQueen. I'm surprised Love is handling this all alright, but maybe it's because he knows no team out there will trade for him now. Poor guy.

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Now I could care less about what Will Cain thinks or says

Hillary's VP?

Kyrie is a thoughtful dude, I'll give him that.

He is, can't deny it. Hopefully his wayward thoughtfulness gets taken under the wing by a more mature intellect, like Jaylen, who seems like the real deal when it comes to leadership and intelligence and being reality-based.
Yes, like when Jalen worked out all summer on a water only fast ;)

But who was Gwyneth Paltrow?

And of course, he's a narcissist.

It's like the narcissism of a medium intellect after doing acid, he feels enlightened, his mind is blown, everything he says is woke.

He would've made a great graduate student, especially in the social sciences.  I'm actually being serious.  He'd thrive in an environment of thought experiments, intellectualizing to the point of nausea, speaking to hear your own voice, etc.  I think I mean that as a compliment; otherwise I'm insulting myself.  I'm probably a narcissist too, I just suck at basketball.

Idk man, it seems like the interview was conducted in the absolute perfect setting for that, don't you think? ;) :laugh: