Author Topic: Okafor  (Read 14918 times)

Re: Okafor
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 08:13:46 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm not in favor of giving up any thing significant to acquire him, I'm talking about stealing him... but I would like to see what Stevens could do with him.

He needs to be reinvented, and CBS could be the guy to do it. 

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Not sure Moranis why you would want to give up 3 players and a 1st round pick when they have been trying to give him away for 2 years. A couple second round picks would get him.

I think it's to the point where The Sixers would have to pay to have someone take Okafor. If someone really wants him they can pick him after the rookie contract...

Agree with both of you. Are they going to pick up his option?

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Danny discussed a sign and trade of amir for okafor. It went nowhere assuming Danny didn't budge. For everyone suggesting we trade picks and young prospects for okafor-  danny highly disagrees with you

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 09:39:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Not sure Moranis why you would want to give up 3 players and a 1st round pick when they have been trying to give him away for 2 years. A couple second round picks would get him.

I think it's to the point where The Sixers would have to pay to have someone take Okafor. If someone really wants him they can pick him after the rookie contract...

I think that's next year. I don't see how he'll see the court this year unless someone gets hurt.

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 09:41:27 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I think that's next year. I don't see how he'll see the court this year unless someone gets hurt.
Nope.  They have to decide by October 16 if they are going to pick up the 4th year of his rookie contract.  If they don't he becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season.

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 10:44:58 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

In other words he's in the perfect place, with Simmons and Embiid as starting bigs in Philly :)

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 10:46:23 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
This is where that 2020 Miami 2nd rounder could have come handy!!  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 10:56:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Nope.  They have to decide by October 16 if they are going to pick up the 4th year of his rookie contract.  If they don't he becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Oh, thanks...

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 10:56:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

In other words he's in the perfect place, with Simmons and Embiid as starting bigs in Philly :)

Good point!

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 11:24:22 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
T Rob. Rebounding, athleticism, potential to play strong defense. C'mon Daniel. Fill the gaping hole.

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 11:36:11 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'd probably do Larkin, Nader, Yabusele, and Boston's 2018 1st (with some solid protections, like top 25, or it transfers to 2 2nd's) for Okafor.  I don't know if the Sixers would be interested in something like that of course, but if that is the sort of deal they could get, I think it would make sense for Boston.  You don't even mess up any chemistry since none of those guys were on the team last year.
Larkin, nader, yabu, and our pick are wash significantly better players than okafor.
I'd be surprised if Larkin, Nader, and Yabu combined equal the production of Okafor even last year.
Okafor’s production last year? Are you kidding? Okafor Wins Above Repacement (WAR) was -1.85 last year. -1.85. That is 3rd worst in the entire NBA. So Larkin, Nader, and Yabu could play 0 minutes the entire year, and still easily beat the “production” Okafor produced last year.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 11:37:23 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I'd be willing to gamble on him for very cheap (a few second rounders). The only problem is matching salary.

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 11:37:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd probably do Larkin, Nader, Yabusele, and Boston's 2018 1st (with some solid protections, like top 25, or it transfers to 2 2nd's) for Okafor.  I don't know if the Sixers would be interested in something like that of course, but if that is the sort of deal they could get, I think it would make sense for Boston.  You don't even mess up any chemistry since none of those guys were on the team last year.
Larkin, nader, yabu, and our pick are wash significantly better players than okafor.
I'd be surprised if Larkin, Nader, and Yabu combined equal the production of Okafor even last year.
Okafor’s production last year? Are you kidding? Okafor Wins Above Repacement (WAR) was -1.85 last year. -1.85. That is 3rd worst in the entire NBA. So Larkin, Nader, and Yabu could play 0 minutes the entire year, and still easily beat the “production” Okafor produced last year.

TP. 76ers fans have always overestimated Okafor's game.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
TP I guess some folks have a different meaning to the word "production"

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 12:01:08 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I don't know why everybody is so against this...  I think Emeka Okafor would be a great backup big man for our team! 

All things serious, I haven't thought about Emeka in a long time and I'm surprised he completely disappeared from the league so fast at age 30.   Last time he was in the league, he was still averaging 13 points and 12 rebounds per 36 minutes while managing to play 26 minutes per game and had been a positively contributing defender every season he was in the league.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur