Author Topic: Okafor  (Read 14837 times)

Okafor
« on: September 20, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I read they want to trade him... give them some seconds... he is better than zeller and can rebound... after the fultz  trade they should be willing to deal with us

Re: Okafor
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water." - Peter Benchley

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/09/jahlil_okafor_trade_rumors_phi.html

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd probably do Larkin, Nader, Yabusele, and Boston's 2018 1st (with some solid protections, like top 25, or it transfers to 2 2nd's) for Okafor.  I don't know if the Sixers would be interested in something like that of course, but if that is the sort of deal they could get, I think it would make sense for Boston.  You don't even mess up any chemistry since none of those guys were on the team last year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 04:07:08 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Remember the days when some folks here wanted to give up one of the Brooklyn picks for him?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a low risk deal I'd get him. We just got Irving so we don't care about defense anyway.  ;D  (just kidding!!!) But in a couple of years we're going to lose our only scoring big man. Maybe Al can help Okafor round out his game.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The guy can't find minutes on a lottery team as a top pick. What makes you think he isn't Bennett 2.0

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'd probably do Larkin, Nader, Yabusele, and Boston's 2018 1st (with some solid protections, like top 25, or it transfers to 2 2nd's) for Okafor.  I don't know if the Sixers would be interested in something like that of course, but if that is the sort of deal they could get, I think it would make sense for Boston.  You don't even mess up any chemistry since none of those guys were on the team last year.
Larkin, nader, yabu, and our pick are wash significantly better players than okafor.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 04:22:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Top-25 protected 2018 Boston 1st + Future 2nd round Pick (2019?) + Nader/Larkin

That's all I would do at best.

I get his defense is atrocious BUT with better coaching I think he can at least be a somewhat better player than all of the vet. min candidates remaining.

Actually making that trade still could allow us to add a vet. min guy still (bring back Green? Robinson?).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Larkin, nader, yabu, and our pick are wash significantly better players than okafor.
I'd be surprised if Larkin, Nader, and Yabu combined equal the production of Okafor even last year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 05:01:10 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Not sure Moranis why you would want to give up 3 players and a 1st round pick when they have been trying to give him away for 2 years. A couple second round picks would get him.

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 05:04:36 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
He is not a shot blocker we have enough scoring now. I pass on him. I would rather trade for Alex Len than Okafor.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 05:46:18 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I HATED the idea of trading a Brooklyn pick for him.

But I LOVE the idea of buying low on him right now.  The 76'ers have been destroying his value around the league for two solid years.  If you look at his per 36 numbers they match up very favorably to a young Boogie Cousins.

He also - like two of the most important players on our team - went to Duke.

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 05:51:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Yabusele will be a better pro than Okafor.  Bad idea.

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I read they want to trade him... give them some seconds... he is better than zeller and can rebound... after the fultz  trade they should be willing to deal with us

Is he really better then Zeller?

He's a better lost scorer yeah.  I can't think of anything else he's better at, which is kind of concerning.

Zeller is a better defender (yikes), a better jumpshooter, way more mobile / athletic, and i'd honestly say he's probably a better rebounder and passer.

Okafor really is THAT bad...

And Zeller as a bonus also send to have better intangibles - strong work ethic and always happy to accept any role he's given.

Only reason i can think of for taking Okafor over Zeller is age/upside.

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Not sure Moranis why you would want to give up 3 players and a 1st round pick when they have been trying to give him away for 2 years. A couple second round picks would get him.

I think it's to the point where The Sixers would have to pay to have someone take Okafor. If someone really wants him they can pick him after the rookie contract...

Wasn't he drafted the year after Marcus? If so then he'd be up for an extension next year...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:29:47 PM by liam »

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
That's more like it.  At this point, Okafor is more likely to be out of the league in 3 years.  Yabu and 1st round picks are much better and collectively along with Nader and Larkin would be downright highway robbery for the sixers.  But, it's off-season so....