Author Topic: What is Durant doing on Twitter AND Instagram?  (Read 5955 times)

Re: What is Durant doing on Twitter AND Instagram?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Maybe I'm naive to all of this twitter stuff, but are we 100% sure that KD wrote all of this stuff? Has he come out and owned it?

I just checked @KDTrey5 and didn't see any of this....

Kevin Durant's full explanation on talking negatively on Twitter about OKC coach Billy Donovan & Thunder teammates (outside of Westbrook)

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/910215531881414656

KD has secret accounts that he uses to defend himself and forgot to switch to them when he was replying to this guy I'm actually speechless

https://twitter.com/harrisonmc15/status/909634206355066880

no, I just deleted it.

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/909200503115997184

Do you know what was actually said about Donovan and his former teammates?

http://deadspin.com/kevin-durant-trashes-former-coach-teammates-on-twitter-1818504820

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Maybe I'm naive to all of this twitter stuff, but are we 100% sure that KD wrote all of this stuff? Has he come out and owned it?

I just checked @KDTrey5 and didn't see any of this....

Kevin Durant's full explanation on talking negatively on Twitter about OKC coach Billy Donovan & Thunder teammates (outside of Westbrook)

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/910215531881414656

KD has secret accounts that he uses to defend himself and forgot to switch to them when he was replying to this guy I'm actually speechless

https://twitter.com/harrisonmc15/status/909634206355066880

no, I just deleted it.

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/909200503115997184

Do you know what was actually said about Donovan and his former teammates?

http://deadspin.com/kevin-durant-trashes-former-coach-teammates-on-twitter-1818504820

Thanks. Funny that he forgot to log off his main account, and it looks like he is talking in the 3rd person. Just like Ricky Henderson. Lol

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

What happened to "I don't care about the critics"? Durant is a liar, a soft cupcake and a coward and he knows it. I'm also glad he didn't come to the Celtics. I'd rather win honorably than win with a cupcake that anonymously talks bad to fans

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 06:38:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Hmmm makes me wonder if c's players have ever posted here anonymously....

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Pretty funny that he got caught. Doesn't make him look like a professional.

One thing about the internet that stinks is a lack of accountability. Fans have the ability to be mean/nasty directly to a person on twitter, without any real consequences. I think creating false accounts is a reaction to that (albeit not a good reaction).

The media decided to turn on KD after his decision, almost like they did on Lebron after his decision. Notice what's happening to Kyrie after his decision.

I think it's weird that KD would do that. I also think the whole Twitter dynamic is strange from the get-go.

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 06:58:54 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Durant is a piece of trash.  It's ridiculous that he feels the need to create fake accounts in order to defend his decisions.  I would have way more respect if he just dealt with the heat and played basketball.  The truth is that he cares way too much about what other people think.  He will never satisfy fans who believe that he took the easy way out.  If I were him I would just say screw it and not worry about those people(myself included).

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 07:00:04 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Durant is a piece of trash.  It's ridiculous that he feels the need to create fake accounts in order to defend his decisions.  I would have way more respect if he just dealt with the heat and played basketball.  The truth is that he cares way too much about what other people think.  He will never satisfy fans who believe that he took the easy way out.  If I were him I would just say screw it and not worry about those people(myself included).

Yuck. Clean it up pal.

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 07:22:39 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137

Havent put the clues together yet? Melo here! Don't be surprised if I 3 way trade my way to Bean town  8)

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

This sounds like the exact kind of thing a player would post to throw everyone off the scent  :police:

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 09:02:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He makes it too says to dislike him immensely
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 12:49:16 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 08:21:08 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Did he just basically admit he couldn't be Lebron without teaming up in GS?  "KD can't win a championship with those cats."  I mean they were up 3-1 on the Warriors so they could clearly beat that team, which would have put them in the Finals against Cleveland.  I heard on the radio this morning that before going to GS, Durant was 4-17 against James.  I guess he knew he couldn't beat James without his super team up and that clearly worked as Durant was 5-2 against James last year.  In other words, in the one year he was in GS he beat Lebron James' team more times then all of the prior seasons combined. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 10:58:31 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Did he just basically admit he couldn't be Lebron without teaming up in GS?  "KD can't win a championship with those cats."  I mean they were up 3-1 on the Warriors so they could clearly beat that team, which would have put them in the Finals against Cleveland.  I heard on the radio this morning that before going to GS, Durant was 4-17 against James.  I guess he knew he couldn't beat James without his super team up and that clearly worked as Durant was 5-2 against James last year.  In other words, in the one year he was in GS he beat Lebron James' team more times then all of the prior seasons combined.

If KD is honest with himself, he realizes that he's the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA (w Steph). Lebron is #1. To beat Lebron, he needed to surround himself with a team that was better than Lebron's. Also, by going to GS, he wasn't taking a huge chance by leaving OKC (and all of the negative media attention) to go to another team and still not win a ring.

KD is a sure fire Hall of Famer. To climb up the NBA historical ladder, he needs to win a couple more rings. There was no better place to do so than in GS.

I would have done the same thing, and I bet silly Stephen A would have done so too.

Regarding the Twitter stuff- KD looks like a goofball, but real NBA fans will prob forget about this after his first 40pt game of the year. Those who love drama prob will never forget about it.

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237

Sadly, Bron Bron taught Durant a lesson: your best chance of winning is on a super team. I remember Durant's expression coming off the floor and body language with his head down after the Finals thumping OKC took from the cHeat. It was like "how can we (I) ever beat these guys."

As much as I don't respect Durant, I wish that he picked us rather than the Warriors. For selfish Celtics reasons, yes, but also so that there would have been a more competitive balance in the league.

The forming of the cHeat as well as the bron Bron/Kyrie/Love troika definitely influenced Durant's decision.

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

If KD is honest with himself, he realizes that he's the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA (w Steph). Lebron is #1. To beat Lebron, he needed to surround himself with a team that was better than Lebron's. Also, by going to GS, he wasn't taking a huge chance by leaving OKC (and all of the negative media attention) to go to another team and still not win a ring.

KD is a sure fire Hall of Famer. To climb up the NBA historical ladder, he needs to win a couple more rings. There was no better place to do so than in GS.

I would have done the same thing, and I bet silly Stephen A would have done so too.

Regarding the Twitter stuff- KD looks like a goofball, but real NBA fans will prob forget about this after his first 40pt game of the year. Those who love drama prob will never forget about it.
why would fans forget? Its less forgettable as Durant is so hated. They'll remember it more than ever. Even Durant himself doesn't forget.... why do you think he hasn't eaten or slept in 2 days