Author Topic: I.T gettin' savage on social media  (Read 5600 times)

Re: I.T gettin' savage on social media
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
But both you, D Dub and Eddie20 are missing the ENTIRE point, here.

Isaiah Thomas' competitive spirit, will to win, sacrifice - is what has drawn BOTH Al Horford AND The Haymaker here to BOS.

Isaiah Thomas - in his too-short time here -  embodies what it means to ME to be a Boston Celtic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m5nCwTLTqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ETAk4A6PE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIqQfCuVbk

You can easily add Isaiah Thomas to those vids.

You two seem to stuck in the mindset of the physical with Isaiah Thomas. His effect on this team was even beyond that - to the mental, emotional and even spiritual with his determination and grit.

These same elements helped to build this team to where it is NOW - not Kyrie OR Hayward.

We can give Coach Brad Stevens credit - I do. But Isaiah Thomas did the heavy lifting - on that 5'8" back of his. No wonder his body broke down, at least for now.

Brad Stevens didn't score 53 points in a playoff game.

Brad Stevens didn't get his teeth knocked out.

Brd Stevens didn't lose a loved one - and STILL played.

Oh how soon we forget!

I won't.

I wish kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward the BEST. But they - especially Kyrie - has some HUGE shoes to fill.

It's not about the stats. It's about the heart. And Isiah's is among the biggest.

You cut Isaiah Thomas open 10 years from now and he will bleed GREEN. I'm sure of it.

How about the HEART of Gordon Hayward and the Hayward STORY????  Why do WE on THIS, of all blogs, NOT talk about HIS story????????????

http://www.gordonhayward20.life/biography/

Smitty77

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I love Kyrie, but I hope he's ready for the upcoming season.

He will get somewhat of a break on Oct 17, but IT "WILL" come back - and he'll see blood in the water when he plays BOS.

His competitiveness is KG-Like.

Kyrie had best to try and jump on him quick if he believes he's better than IT.

And KG, despite all his competitive spirit, was never the same after his knee injury.

Ah - but KG ain't IT. We don't know how IT will respond to his treatment.

I'm hoping the absolute BEST for Isaiah Thomas.

I'm not forgetting what he did for BOS - unlike many turncoats here.

Quote the turncoats.

Exactly, he's no KG.

Isaiah was great. He had a great, but brief run. However, anyone that thinks he's going to be the same player is in for a rude awakening. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I always thought Rondo would end up a journeyman and this injury could lead to a similar fate. To the Cavs he was an afterthought, so that tells you all you need to know about the likelihood of them giving him big money. He'll probably be playing somewhere else next season.

Playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle on that team won't help either. 

Taking turns going ISO instead of Brad bending the entire offense around him is going to make him look a lot more like Mo Williams than the 'King of the 4th' that we remember.

No truer thing has ever been said. TP to you, sir.

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 10:51:13 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I love Kyrie, but I hope he's ready for the upcoming season.

He will get somewhat of a break on Oct 17, but IT "WILL" come back - and he'll see blood in the water when he plays BOS.

His competitiveness is KG-Like.

Kyrie had best to try and jump on him quick if he believes he's better than IT.

And KG, despite all his competitive spirit, was never the same after his knee injury.

Ah - but KG ain't IT. We don't know how IT will respond to his treatment.

I'm hoping the absolute BEST for Isaiah Thomas.

I'm not forgetting what he did for BOS - unlike many turncoats here.

Quote the turncoats.

Exactly, he's no KG.

Isaiah was great. He had a great, but brief run. However, anyone that thinks he's going to be the same player is in for a rude awakening. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I always thought Rondo would end up a journeyman and this injury could lead to a similar fate. To the Cavs he was an afterthought, so that tells you all you need to know about the likelihood of them giving him big money. He'll probably be playing somewhere else next season.

Playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle on that team won't help either. 

Taking turns going ISO instead of Brad bending the entire offense around him is going to make him look a lot more like Mo Williams than the 'King of the 4th' that we remember.

No truer thing has ever been said. TP to you, sir.

And perhaps an "IT4-Hayward-Horford" Big Three could've made the offense just as interesting?

Oh wait.....................................

LOOK - I get that IT4 wouldn't have been available at the start of the season. We would've had a bit of uncertainty.

But let's not spin the false narrative that an IT4-Hayward-Big Al offense wouldn't have been special and potent.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:58:13 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I have to take this slow because I don't want to say things that some people say that are still here that will get me banned.

The only thing Kyrie will be able to live up to is basketball stuff. If your love for IT4 is based on playing after his sister's death and with missing teeth then no, Kyrie will never "fill those shoes" not because it's impossible but because it's unlikely (hopefully) that any of that happens to him! The man will never be able to live up to that version of IT4! Even though losing teeth isn't really something that will keep the best players out of the playoffs, it's very painful but there are drugs and it's your teeth, nothing tho do with actually playing!

If it's just basketball stuff, he's already proven as a top player in the toughest moments. He had been clutch well before LBJ got there too, he just didn't make the playoffs like most 21-22yo who weren't on good teams!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 11:34:19 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I have to take this slow because I don't want to say things that some people say that are still here that will get me banned.

The only thing Kyrie will be able to live up to is basketball stuff. If your love for IT4 is based on playing after his sister's death and with missing teeth then no, Kyrie will never "fill those shoes" not because it's impossible but because it's unlikely (hopefully) that any of that happens to him! The man will never be able to live up to that version of IT4! Even though losing teeth isn't really something that will keep the best players out of the playoffs, it's very painful but there are drugs and it's your teeth, nothing tho do with actually playing!

If it's just basketball stuff, he's already proven as a top player in the toughest moments. He had been clutch well before LBJ got there too, he just didn't make the playoffs like most 21-22yo who weren't on good teams!

I want to be clear.

I want the absolute BEST for both Kyrie AND Hayward. I've said that before on here.

I literally cried when The Haymaker chose BOS. To get HIM I knew we could do some serious damage.

Kyrie is a VERY dynamic player AND talent. He seems to be a very grounded person and smart - as do Hayward. They BOTH seem to have Celtic DNA - minus the Uncle Drew.

I'd rather NOT see that old feller around until we've at LEAST made the NBA Finals.......

But anyways Kyrie is wearing Green now and I'm squarely in his corner. But while I hope the best for him (and Hayward) the truth (H/T to Paul) is that they have proven nothing yet - in BOSTON.

Boston is unlike ANY other SPORTS franchise - not even talking about NBA. You do it HERE and it MEANS something.

IT already has. Brad Stevens' genius allowed IT to foil Danny's secret Tankathon and made us competitive enough to draw Hayward and Big Al.

If Kyrie (and Hayward) make the NBA Finals AND draw another big name here (like IT has done TWICE) then I'll sing his praises.

He (and Hayward) have WORK (and unfinished business) to do.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:39:31 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I no longer care what IT thinks or says, he doesn't play for the C's. He's now the enemy, so I have to root against him.  And while I certainly appreciate everything he did while he was here, he didn't win any championships, so I'm not that attached to him.

So, good luck to him, but I suspect he is now on the downside of his career and will likely never be as good as he was this past season. His injury has probably unfortunately ruined his career.

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 12:04:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I no longer care what IT thinks or says, he doesn't play for the C's. He's now the enemy, so I have to root against him.  And while I certainly appreciate everything he did while he was here, he didn't win any championships, so I'm not that attached to him.

So, good luck to him, but I suspect he is now on the downside of his career and will likely never be as good as he was this past season. His injury has probably unfortunately ruined his career.

To be honest - I'll probably root for IT when he plays against us - at least initially.

And I bleed Green.

As for your second paragraph I wouldn't bet against him.

He is too driven to simply drift away. Dude is like the offensive version of Kevin Garnett, to me.

KG made THREE All-Star games AFTER that injury in Utah.

Again I wouldn't sleep on IT.

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 12:11:15 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I want to be clear.

I want the absolute BEST for both Kyrie AND Hayward. I've said that before on here.

I literally cried when The Haymaker chose BOS. To get HIM I knew we could do some serious damage.

Kyrie is a VERY dynamic player AND talent. He seems to be a very grounded person and smart - as do Hayward. They BOTH seem to have Celtic DNA - minus the Uncle Drew.

I'd rather NOT see that old feller around until we've at LEAST made the NBA Finals.......

But anyways Kyrie is wearing Green now and I'm squarely in his corner. But while I hope the best for him (and Hayward) the truth (H/T to Paul) is that they have proven nothing yet - in BOSTON.

Boston is unlike ANY other SPORTS franchise - not even talking about NBA. You do it HERE and it MEANS something.

IT already has. Brad Stevens' genius allowed IT to foil Danny's secret Tankathon and made us competitive enough to draw Hayward and Big Al.

If Kyrie (and Hayward) make the NBA Finals AND draw another big name here (like IT has done TWICE) then I'll sing his praises.

Once again, you are asking for things that can't be done and again it's not because it's impossible. There will be no MONEY for them AND BRAD to bring in TWO big name FA! The only way for that to happen is if the team goes up in flames! This isn't magic, there has to be actual opportunity for that to happen! Another problem I have with your deifying of IT4 is how you act like it was all IT4 that made these guys come. He was part of the whole and not even the biggest and that comes from the mouths of both guys!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

To be honest - I'll probably root for IT when he plays against us - at least initially.

And I bleed Green.

He is too driven to simply drift away. Dude is like the offensive version of Kevin Garnett, to me.

KG was one of my favorite Celtics players of all time.   But he was never the same after that injury. Those ASG appearances were more based on his reputation than actual on court play.

Thomas has no such reputation to lean on to garner future ASG appearances, and I seriously doubt he ever makes it back to that level. If I was a betting man I'd be laying a lot of money against that happening.

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I want to be clear.

Once again, you are asking for things that can't be done and again it's not because it's impossible. There will be no MONEY for them AND BRAD to bring in TWO big name FA! The only way for that to happen is if the team goes up in flames! This isn't magic, there has to be actual opportunity for that to happen! Another problem I have with your deifying of IT4 is how you act like it was all IT4 that made these guys come. He was part of the whole and not even the biggest and that comes from the mouths of both guys!

A solid logical post.

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I want to be clear.

I wouldn't say never - as far as trades. Danny has proven that he'd probably trade a family member if it made the team better, lol.

He has boasted about why we didn't trade Kevin McHale OR Larry before.

http://www.espn.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7478868/report-danny-ainge-willing-break-boston-celtics-big-three

"First of all, it's a different era," Ainge told The Globe. "I sat with Red (Auerbach) during a Christmas party (in the 1990s). Red was talking to Larry, Kevin, and myself and there was a lot of trade discussion at the time, and Red actually shared some of the trade discussions. And I told Red, what are you doing? Why are you waiting?

"He had a chance to trade Larry (to Indiana) for Chuck Person and Herb Williams and (Steve) Stipanovich and he had a chance to trade Kevin (to Dallas) for Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins. I was like, 'Are you kidding?' I mean, I feel that way now. If I were presented with those kind of deals for our aging veterans, it's a done deal to continue the success
."

He traded Perk. He traded Paul and KG. Ray Allen escaped his clutches. I'm just being real here.

And I'm not deifying IT4 anymore than PP34, KG, Larry, McHale, Cousy, etc, etc, etc - has been. No - IT has not won a banner here. But he played a huge part in making this team relevant again.

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 12:38:21 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38

And I bleed Green.

KG was one of my favorite Celtics players of all time.   But he was never the same after that injury. Those ASG appearances were more based on his reputation than actual on court play.

Thomas has no such reputation to lean on to garner future ASG appearances, and I seriously doubt he ever makes it back to that level. If I was a betting man I'd be laying a lot of money against that happening.

I don't get the "IT has too much heart for this injury to derail his career" logic. He has a ton of heart already, so if he can beat his injury, why hasn't he done it yet? Furthermore, how can anyone explain his injury as "not that dangerous" if he hasn't participated in contact basketball in 5 months? Why are there no reports or social media photos of him so much as shooting around with any Cavaliers?
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 12:58:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

TP. It is amazing how much people are romanticizing IT's short tenure here. Like, he's seemingly held in the same light as PP and KG to many people here, which just blows my mind, especially because this romanticizing completely ignores the fact that he had significant flaws in his game.

Hopefully the season starting will move people away from the past and toward our brighter present and future.

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

And I bleed Green.

I don't get the "IT has too much heart for this injury to derail his career" logic. He has a ton of heart already, so if he can beat his injury, why hasn't he done it yet? Furthermore, how can anyone explain his injury as "not that dangerous" if he hasn't participated in contact basketball in 5 months? Why are there no reports or social media photos of him so much as shooting around with any Cavaliers?

Because it's a cute thing to say, but devoid of sound reasoning. Two teams have seen his medicals, one traded him away and the other doesn't have a timetable for his return, despite the size of his heart.

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 01:07:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

TP. It is amazing how much people are romanticizing IT's short tenure here. Like, he's seemingly held in the same light as PP and KG to many people here, which just blows my mind, especially because this romanticizing completely ignores the fact that he had significant flaws in his game.

Hopefully the season starting will move people away from the past and toward our brighter present and future.

Hypothetical, here -

Let's say that BOS cruises along this season and wins 60 games. Everyone stays healthy. CLE wins 50-55 and either doesn't get IT back (I doubt this scenario), OR gets him back and he's productive.

We meet CLE in the ECF, but loses to them AGAIN but THIS TIME we lose 4-2 vice 4-1. This is quite possible.

What's to say that Kyrie isn't happy seeing IT4 (and LeBron) go BACK to the Finals and THEN we're stuck with HIM potentially leaving us AFTER next season? Danny will be sent SCRAMBLING....

There is NO guarantee that Kyrie is re-upping in BOS - even though I'd love for him to. Next season is HUGE for us, but precarious in that we STILL don't have an answer for LeBron James....

TT has played well vs Big Al. I hope that MM and Baynes helps to negate this but we'll see.

In other words IT4's Tenure here may not be the ONLY short tenure........there's no guarantees here and Danny is taking calculated risks.