Poll

would you rather a team be built to:

win a championship every 10 yrs.(give or take a couple yrs.)
5 (13.9%)
win 3-5(possibly more) championships in a 7-10 yr span with no guarantee of a quick turnaround after that run
31 (86.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: sure chamionships aren't guaranteed, but for the sake of this poll  (Read 2202 times)

Re: sure chamionships aren't guaranteed, but for the sake of this poll
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 12:38:19 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think it would be more interesting if the choices were:

A) A championship every 8 - 10 years in perpetuity; or

B) 3 to 5 championships over the next seven years, but none after that for the rest of your life.

option "B" in your example is essentially the same as mine in the poll. except I left the chance to win future championships open for possibility but no guarantee. I think this went over everyone's head.

Not really - as Roy and I [basically] explained, it makes option 'B' the super-obvious choice. In your poll, you either win 1 championship every 10 years or 5 championships in a short span with the possibility of winning more - why wouldn't everybody choose that?

In the options Roy and I presented, you are left choosing a dynasty, then total loser OR a consistently good team. I suppose if you knew in advance, choosing the dynasty and then weening yourself off of the Cs and cheering for another franchise would be the best choice, but I think any die-hard fan knows that would almost be impossible.