Author Topic: What Are You Looking Forward to Seeing this Season?  (Read 10618 times)

Re: What Are You Looking Forward to Seeing this Season?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 04:49:54 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Honestly, I'm interested to see as to how our medical staff will perform without Lacerte and Bryan "show me what that twerk" Doo :laugh:. Sorry, I just wanted to make that joke, although it would be nice to have fewer injuries this year :-\.
This one is pretty interesting. Not just in terms of injuries but it seems like the Celtics always have a guy or two on the roster for whom we're all playing weight watchers. I wonder if there will be any new approaches to conditioning during the season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 07:17:54 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
between smart, rozier and brown who makes a jump. if we're going to be anything this season 1 or 2 of those guys need to be consistently better.

also looking forward to see a team play that doesn't have a ceiling.

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 07:25:49 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The unknown ceiling of the 60% of the roster and then Brads ability to max them out in short period.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 08:41:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have more talent than last year can we make it work for us...

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
I know it may seem cliché but the simple act of watching the team play. I'm so very curious to see how it all unfolds; the chemistry, individual development, team development, coaching, how Stevens uses the players (especially the bench), and whether or not this team shows signs of championship pedigree.

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2017, 09:10:11 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Among many other things, the development of the young players especially Brown and Tatum.  I think this will be the determining factor as to whether we will be true championship contenders in the coming years.  I don't have any expectations for the other rookies this year.

I hope, but don't expect, Rozier will have a breakout season.  I was disappointed with his lack of progression last season, but I'm still high on his potential.

I'm also a bit anxious to see how we start the season.  Given the lack of continuity, I won't be too upset if we start slowly and rack up losses on Oct, but I hope that this won't be the case.

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I'd like to see a Kyrie, Jaylen, Hayward, Tatum, Horford line.

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2017, 11:16:51 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
How many minutes Semi Ojeleye gets.

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

In the NBA or the G-League?

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2017, 02:24:03 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Jaylen fkn Brown baby.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2017, 10:00:42 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Jaylen fkn Brown baby.

ya know, everyone says "tatum" - tatum's the guy with the most talent of the 2. I think he's more polished offensively but I don't know I think brown is the one no one can truly gauge right now. if he doesn't improve much and he's pretty much the same player now as he is for the rest of his career - he'll still be a nice player.

but we all think he'll get a lot better, the question is how much? I personally have this feeling this guy is going to be a lot better than even the biggest Celtics homer can even imagine.

brown's one of those guys i'd love to see make a huge leap this year. I know it's only his 2nd yr. but i'm optimistic.   

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 11:11:01 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum

In the NBA.

It sounds like you, like many people, are sleeping on him. It's not surprising, given his draft position and his low profile.

What about the G-League? Well, it's rare for a rookie to be as ready as Semi is to play NBA defense, and he has the strength and leverage (as Brad said recently) to guard bigger players; and the Celtics badly need players who can do that. So it wouldn't be too surprising if he never plays in Maine, despite the Celtics' depth and his rookie status.  It would be less surprising if he cracks the rotation come January/February.

There was a recent thread on him here; the arguments against him were not about his game, but rather indirect ones of the nature of: Coach K must have seen something...; he had a lowly draft status, therefore...; his age, therefore low ceiling...; summer league is meaningless...; etc.

He was the best athlete in the Combine, has a repertoire around the basket, shoots with range, can make a play. Great NBA body. Character and work ethic are off the chart.

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Jaylen fkn Brown baby.

ya know, everyone says "tatum" - tatum's the guy with the most talent of the 2. I think he's more polished offensively but I don't know I think brown is the one no one can truly gauge right now. if he doesn't improve much and he's pretty much the same player now as he is for the rest of his career - he'll still be a nice player.

but we all think he'll get a lot better, the question is how much? I personally have this feeling this guy is going to be a lot better than even the biggest Celtics homer can even imagine.

brown's one of those guys i'd love to see make a huge leap this year. I know it's only his 2nd yr. but i'm optimistic.

Brown has more potential than anyone on our roster in my opinion. Jayson Tatum's nice, but Brown has that superstar power/athleticism that you're only born with. I mean I love both of them but I think Brown is a special human. Dude's still 20 years old too- he's certainly going to improve. He was amazing as a rookie on a top 4 team.

Jaylen Brown can become a Kawahi Leonard level player in my opinion- a true superstar small forward/wing.

Hopefully Tatum is the next Paul George too :D
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

In the NBA.

It sounds like you, like many people, are sleeping on him. It's not surprising, given his draft position and his low profile.

What about the G-League? Well, it's rare for a rookie to be as ready as Semi is to play NBA defense, and he has the strength and leverage (as Brad said recently) to guard bigger players; and the Celtics badly need players who can do that. So it wouldn't be too surprising if he never plays in Maine, despite the Celtics' depth and his rookie status.  It would be less surprising if he cracks the rotation come January/February.

There was a recent thread on him here; the arguments against him were not about his game, but rather indirect ones of the nature of: Coach K must have seen something...; he had a lowly draft status, therefore...; his age, therefore low ceiling...; summer league is meaningless...; etc.

He was the best athlete in the Combine, has a repertoire around the basket, shoots with range, can make a play. Great NBA body. Character and work ethic are off the chart.

He is going to be a beast and could see serious minutes in a playoff rotation if his defense is on point. So excited to follow his journey.

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2017, 12:24:02 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum

In the NBA.

He is going to be a beast and could see serious minutes in a playoff rotation if his defense is on point. So excited to follow his journey.

I am, too.

Someone slips through the cracks every year in the NBA draft - I think this year it was Semi.