Author Topic: What Are You Looking Forward to Seeing this Season?  (Read 10624 times)

Re: What Are You Looking Forward to Seeing this Season?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 03:18:40 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Brad Stevens with a good team

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 03:27:35 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Brad Stevens with a good team
So more of the same?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 04:18:37 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart's progress. I'm a fan of both of them.

Other than that, I can't wait to see us match up against the Cavs, Dubs, Rockets and other top teams and hopefully we come away with wins.
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 06:08:00 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
it would be easier to say what are you not excited about....wait, no...

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 06:35:54 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Marcus Smart finally shutting up the critics.

I can see him putting together something like 17-6-6 in Bradley's absence.  Assuming of course Kyrie and Hayward do a fair amount of sharing the ball (I'm guessing something like 26ppg for Kyrie, 20ppg for Hayward, 12-14 ppg for Horford).

Scratch that.  Really, I'm just looking forward to seeing Smart on a basketball court.  He's one of the funnest players I've ever watched.

33 days until the extension deadline!!!!!!!!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 09:06:15 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Tatum.  Really want to see how well he adapts & performs.  I have really high expectations for him.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm really looking forward to some Kyrie domination so that we can get some of these naysayers on here back onboard.

I'm also pretty stoked to see how this starting lineup of Kyrie, Brown/Smart, Hayward, Morris, and Al is going to work. I've been begging for such a dynamic "5 out" starting lineup for several seasons now, and I think both the dynamic offense and the versatile defense will blow people away.

Pretty excited for Tatum's rookie season, too, along with the progression of Smart, Brown, and Rozier.

But most importantly, I'm looking forward to breaking Lebron's Finals streak and putting up Banner 18 in an incredible Cinderella story next June!

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
The Hayward/Stevens connection. I knew they had something special together from watching Butler in the NCAA tourney all those years ago. As soon as Stevens signed with Boston I told myself I'd love to see Hayward follow, and here we are.
Very excited. I feel like the bond they share, combined with the maturity/experience both now have is going to translate into something very special.

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 09:33:03 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Nader. Dude's going to be a star.

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 10:30:14 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
1) Jayson Tatum's development on defense and with his body.  He should already have the offensive skills to potentially be the top scorer off the bench but I want to see progression that shows me that he can be on the floor at the end of games as the season progresses. 

I also want him to be a viable option at PF in the future, so playing good D and bulking up at a reasonable pace are important.  My dream is Tatum getting a few starts at PF late in the year.

2) Who emerges as the starting SG?  I'm interested in Brown's development next year, so if it's him, and I hope it is, how does he function within our offensive flow with increased minutes. 

If Smart starts and JB comes off the bench, then I want to see how offensively dominant JB is on a bench unit with Rozier/Tatum/?/Baynes, and how good that unit is league-wide.

3) As someone mentioned, I want to see the Kyrie-Horford pick and roll.  Horford sets great screens and has the skills and veteran IQ to know when to roll and be good at it, and we all know he's got the pick and pop skills.  Kyrie is about the best scorer in the world taking 5-7 dribbles or more, so he should be deadly if looking to score.  I'm hoping his passing improves.

With the Kyrie-Horford PNR, Morris should be a fantastic option as a spot up guy in the mid range or the far corners to keep the defense honest and stretch it by fully opening up the paint.  And I want to see how Hayward and hopefully Brown, my ideal starting SG, work together off ball to get each other open and allow each other to get to triple threat spots for a Kyrie dish.

2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 10:37:56 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Wins.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The trade rumors, because we ALL know they are going to continue all season  :laugh:

But honestly I'm looking forward to a lot of things that many have already mentioned here  :P

Like seeing how Kyrie handles being an alpha, how Kyrie and Hayward get others involved, how Brown and Tatum progress. If anything, I'd love to see how the "new look" Smart does this season and I'm hoping he can take a bit of a jump this season. Would love to see him average around 13-14 PPG (with about 5-6 assists AND rebounds/game).  ;D

Oh and how can I forget #LakersWatch. Give us a Top-5 pick please!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm really looking forward to some Kyrie domination so that we can get some of these naysayers on here back onboard.

I'm also pretty stoked to see how this starting lineup of Kyrie, Brown/Smart, Hayward, Morris, and Al is going to work. I've been begging for such a dynamic "5 out" starting lineup for several seasons now, and I think both the dynamic offense and the versatile defense will blow people away.

Pretty excited for Tatum's rookie season, too, along with the progression of Smart, Brown, and Rozier.

But most importantly, I'm looking forward to breaking Lebron's Finals streak and putting up Banner 18 in an incredible Cinderella story next June!

If IT's injury is really, really bad, and Rose just isn't getting the job done (no longer his MVP self), it's not an impossible scenario to make the Finals.

But yeah, unless we trade for AD or Porzingis at the deadline, even if we get past CLE we are getting whooped by the Warriors (yeah we match up well with them usually but they just have way too much firepower and playoff experience too).

That being said still think CLE beats us in ECF in 6-7 games, and Isaiah is likely to be back by the 2nd half (from what most reports say).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »

Offline CactusThomas

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like having two centers who have completely different games.  This will give us lots of flexibility. Horford and Baynes, of course.
"Manute Bol! Your mom!!" - Dan Aykroyd

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Honestly, I'm interested to see as to how our medical staff will perform without Lacerte and Bryan "show me what that twerk" Doo :laugh:. Sorry, I just wanted to make that joke, although it would be nice to have fewer injuries this year :-\