Author Topic: What Are You Looking Forward to Seeing this Season?  (Read 10670 times)

What Are You Looking Forward to Seeing this Season?
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Avery Bradley's greatest offensive asset (moreso even than his shooting, I think) was his ability to move off the ball and get easy layups in the halfcourt. He just seemed to always know where to be.

Last year, it seemed like every other game Jaylen was getting a dunk off of Horford finding him on a backdoor cut. Jaylen is going to be tasked with filling a big void on defense (especially if he winds up starting) but I'll be looking forward to the further development of his chemistry with Horford on those backdoor cuts to keep the offense humming.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: What Are You Looking Forward to Seeing this Season?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
A few things I'm really looking forward to:

1. Seeing how Tatum handles things at the Pro level - I don't think I've ever been this excited about a Celtics prospect, and nothing would make me happier then to see him start out strong. 

2. Seeing Kyrie's development both as a player and person - he wanted to be the man, and now he's got it, so I'm eager to see if he'll be able to adjust to a leadership role and silence all of those critics who believe he doesn't have it in him to be a #1 guy

3. Seeing how Brown develops - in his first Summer League game he looked like a superstar, but then in the subsequent games he looked...honestly not as good as I expected.  Was that due to injury, or is he just not there yet?  Eager to see if he will be able to look like that beast from the first game on a more consistent basis.

4.  Seeing how Rozier handles a bigger role - can he finally put all of his impressive talents together and fulfil the potential I've always felt he's had?

5. Just eager to finally watch a Celtics team with two legit scorers.  We had no true scoers for a few years, then it was just IT (who tended to get smothered as a result).  Now finally we have two great scorers, which is going to make us infinitely more difficult to guard, so I'm eager to see how that translates in the win column. 

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:46:57 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Marcus Smart finally shutting up the critics.

I can see him putting together something like 17-6-6 in Bradley's absence.  Assuming of course Kyrie and Hayward do a fair amount of sharing the ball (I'm guessing something like 26ppg for Kyrie, 20ppg for Hayward, 12-14 ppg for Horford).

Scratch that.  Really, I'm just looking forward to seeing Smart on a basketball court.  He's one of the funnest players I've ever watched.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:36:33 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Oops, just remembered.

Also looking forward to a banner.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:49:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
1. Hayward's all around game, I think he's a top 20 player and that will become clear this year.
2. Kyrie and Horford pick and roll, which is going to be absolutely deadly
3. Development of Jaylen Brown/Jayson Tatum
4. Smart taking a step forward in his contract year
5. Faster pace, more transition scoring
6. Seeing at least one rookie not named Tatum earn rotation minutes.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 10:26:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Oops, just remembered.

Also looking forward to a banner.
TP for the best answer

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 10:27:43 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Seeing all the new talent mesh and make music.

Hopefully finding interior D and rebounding somehow. This is still a big worry.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 10:35:31 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
A post-season parade.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Tatum's first buzzer-beater.

Kyrie proving me wrong about his character.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:59:10 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I can see him putting together something like 17-6-6 in Bradley's absence.  Assuming of course Kyrie and Hayward do a fair amount of sharing the ball (I'm guessing something like 26ppg for Kyrie, 20ppg for Hayward, 12-14 ppg for Horford).

Scratch that.  Really, I'm just looking forward to seeing Smart on a basketball court.  He's one of the funnest players I've ever watched.

Count me as one of his critics who would love to be shut up. His hustle is amazing, his defense is really good, but his offense leaves a lot to be desired. His passing has improved, but his shooting and drives are well below par. But again, I'd love it if he didn't give me a major reason to criticize his game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 01:05:40 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

If Marcus Smart averages 17 PPG on 40%+ shooting (if he shoot 36% again it's a moot point) then I will eat my left testicle. 

I think there's a higher probability of Morris having a breakout year and averaging 20 / 10 and almost making the All-Star team then there is of Smart averaging 17 PPG. 

You're talking about a guy who has never averaged more than 12.5 points per 36 in his entire NBA career, who is unlikely to play any more than 30 MPG next season.  That would require something like an 80% increase in scoring production compared to last season - in a year where he's gong to be sharing the ball with Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford.  Not going to happen!

Disclaimer:
I won't really eat my testicle, that is a modest exaggeration, but you get my point.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:11:55 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 01:18:22 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

If Marcus Smart averages 17 PPG on 40%+ shooting (if he shoot 36% again it's a moot point) then I will eat my left testicle. 

I think there's a higher probability of Morris having a breakout year and averaging 20 / 10 and almost making the All-Star team then there is of Smart averaging 17 PPG. 

You're talking about a guy who has never averaged more than 12.5 points per 36 in his entire NBA career, who is unlikely to play any more than 30 MPG next season.  That would require something like an 80% increase in scoring production compared to last season - in a year where he's gong to be sharing the ball with Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward and Al Horford.  Not going to happen!

Disclaimer:
I won't really eat my testicle, that is a modest exaggeration, but you get my point.

Aw shucks man, I was hoping for you to not leave a disclaimer, then you can get some soup with that testicle 😂 just kidding.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 01:40:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Al Horford and Gordon Hayward working together in Brad Stevens's offense.

Jaylen Brown's year two improvements.

Kyrie Irving giving the weirdest interviews a Celtic has given since KG left.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 01:54:13 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Anyhoot the thing I most look forward to is....

Watching Kyrie running too fast on the fast break and falling off the edge of the flat earth, in the process proving to as all that he was actually right all along.

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 03:13:59 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
NBA Finals!