Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Would you trade for Demarcus Cousins?

(1/9) > >>

JBcat:
I think I still would say yes but not 100% sure. 

Yes he does sap the life out of teammates, and probably takes too many plays off and not enough winning plays. 

However he is still tremendously talented, and how he would perform under Steven's guidance would be intriguing.  Plus him being on the last year of his contract you don't have to give up a motherload of assets like you would for Davis.  What's tricky is his salary of around 18 mil makes it a little more difficult to trade for.  You could do something like Brown, Smart, and Morris for Cousins but then you have a gaping hole at SG. Unless you slide Hayward over to SG, and Tatum to SF, Horford to PF and have a really big team. 

You could trade Horford but you would have to take on another salary in return to match salaries. Maybe take on Asik's bad contract to lessen what we have to give up. It might have to be a 3 team deal as I don't see NO having much use for Horford.

I think I would still say yes, but I bet more people would say no than a year ago. Plus by trading for him I don't think it excludes trading for Davis 2 years from now if we hold onto our prime assets. Trade Cousins for Davis then. Ha

Whatever the case it's going to be really interesting to see how things unfold between Davis and Cousins in the near future. On paper they should dominate front courts like Robinson and Duncan used to.

gouki88:
I would love him here, but it would be very hard for us to get him. His talent for a big man is insane, as he can literally do almost everything. A trio of Kyrie/Hayward/Cousins would be unstoppable.

Roy H.:
Believe it or not, I'm not sure.

The appeal that the Celtics had was that they had a strong veteran locker room. The culture was perfect to absorb a guy like Cousins. IT, Jae, Bradley. Horford.

All of those guys would be gone. I think the risk goes way up.

wdleehi:
I am not sure.   Lets see how he looks (and how he does in the locker room) for a full season away from the Kings.   

iadera:
Depends what we give in exchange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version