Author Topic: Trade for Anthony Davis?  (Read 4514 times)

Trade for Anthony Davis?
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:48:46 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
You'd have to give up a lot.

Jaylen Brown + Jayson Tatum + LA/Philly/Sac pick + Memphis future first + change (if needed)

for

Anthony Davis + filler

NO already has Cousins and this team will prob stink next year. They would love to have multiple valuable assets and AD might want to leave.

Kyrie/Hayward/Davis core is young and good enough to win down the road w/ good role players.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:04:19 PM by green_bballers13 »

Re: Trade for Anthony Davis?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:58:23 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Danny will have to decide where the line should be on trade offers for Davis.

I think though it will include offering either Brown OR Tatum, but not both. That will only possibly work if the LAL/SAC pick continues to gain value around the league.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 10:11:01 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I think though it will include offering either Brown OR Tatum, but not both. That will only possibly work if the LAL/SAC pick continues to gain value around the league.

I think if they can keep Horford (maybe by paying luxury tax) and fill in with decent role players, this team is lethal:

Irving, Rozier
Smart
Hayward, Semi
Davis, Morris, Yabu
Horford, Baynes

That would give you 10 players. You could hand pick a couple available veterans to fill in, esp at guard/wing.

Why not do this trade? What team gives a better package picks/players?

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:27:29 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

I think if they can keep Horford (maybe by paying luxury tax) and fill in with decent role players, this team is lethal:

Irving, Rozier
Smart
Hayward, Semi
Davis, Morris, Yabu
Horford, Baynes

That would give you 10 players. You could hand pick a couple available veterans to fill in, esp at guard/wing.

What team givers a better package than Tatum, Morris, Baynes, LAL/Sac 1st, Mem 1st and LAC 1st?

That's the point. Why give up Tatum, Brown and LAL/Sac 1st when no other team can offer more than LAL/SAC 1st and their choice of Tatum or Brown.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible

Irving, Rozier
Smart
Hayward, Semi
Davis, Morris, Yabu
Horford, Baynes

Wait a few years down the road and re sign....IT. Let the man come full circle

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:43 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Irving, Rozier
Smart
Hayward, Semi
Davis, Morris, Yabu
Horford, Baynes

What team givers a better package than Tatum, Morris, Baynes, LAL/Sac 1st, Mem 1st and LAC 1st?

That's the point. Why give up Tatum, Brown and LAL/Sac 1st when no other team can offer more than LAL/SAC 1st and their choice of Tatum or Brown.

The trade should already have been done if NO just takes 2 top assets. That would be awesome. They still have the the assets to get it done. I like both Brown/Tatum and think that they will complement each other well, so I thought NO would want that.

That's a younger core than GS. Kyrie is 25, Davis is 24, and Hayward is 27, while Curry is 29, Durant is 28, Klay Thompson is 28, and Draymond is 27.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 11:06:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I just don't see Danny giving up Brown, Tatum, and the LAL/Sac pick. If it only takes one of Brown/Tatum, then wonderful, but I believe New Orleans will have other options if that's the case - like PHX with their pick and Jackson or Indy with their pick and Turner. Any bad team will automatically have a high pick and they would just need to add a comparable prospect.

After this season, Davis will only have two more years guaranteed on his contract. Unless he demands to go to certain team(s), we won't be in the driver's seat.

I very much hope we can somehow acquire Davis one day, but I think it will be very difficult to make happen.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Jaylen Brown + Jayson Tatum + LA/Philly/Sac pick + Memphis future first + change (if needed)

for

Anthony Davis + filler

NO already has Cousins and this team will prob stink next year. They would love to have multiple valuable assets and AD might want to leave.

Kyrie/Hayward/Davis core is young and good enough to win down the road w/ good role players.

To be brutally honest, I'm not actually sure if that gets it done. 

Lets say we offer Brown, Tatum, Lakers pick, Memphis pick and spare parts...then the Cavs offer Jae Crowder, Iman Shumpert (who the Pelicans apparently like), Kevin Love and the Brooklyn 1st. 

If you are the Pelicans, which deal do you take? 

Honestly, I'd probably take the Cavs deal.  Kevin Love is a perfect complimentary fit alongside Cousins, Crowder gives them a young, proven, cost controlled, two-way starting wing that they desperately need, and a defensive wing they supposedly really like.  That Brooklyn pick offers a legit shot at a #1 pick in a supposedly loaded draft.

The Celtics trade offers two prospects who have very high potential, but are entirely unproven.  A pick this coming draft that the might not even get...and if they don't then it's basically two picks that could fall god knows where.  A lot of high risk/ high reward parts in that trade - not sure if that's enough or a sure thing for me to move my 24 year old once-a-generation franchise big. 

The Cavs offer of two proven quality players plus a very high upside pick is probably more appealing.  Love and replaces some of AD's production, Crowder fills a big hole on the wing - Pelicans likely get better now, and potentially land a future franchise player to replace AD via the draft.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 11:21:51 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
I just don't see Danny giving up Brown, Tatum, and the LAL/Sac pick. If it only takes one of Brown/Tatum, then wonderful, but I believe New Orleans will have other options if that's the case - like PHX with their pick and Jackson or Indy with their pick and Turner. Any bad team will automatically have a high pick and they would just need to add a comparable prospect.

After this season, Davis will only have two more years guaranteed on his contract. Unless he demands to go to certain team(s), we won't be in the driver's seat.

I very much hope we can somehow acquire Davis one day, but I think it will be very difficult to make happen.

He just gave up a 29 PPG scorer and die hard fan favourite, an elite two-way role player on one of the NBA's best contracts, a quality 20 year old 7-footer with legit upside, and a potential #1 pick for Kyrie Irving.

If he has a chance to get Anthony Davis, then I don't think he would have even the slightest hint of hesitation trading Tatum, Brown and a couple of quality picks.

I see Tatum's ceiling as Carmelo Anthony, Brown's ceiling as Jimmy Butler.  Even if those guys do (best case scenario) reach those ceilings in the future - you are basically choosing between a core of Kyrie / Hayward / Davis / Horford or a core of Kyrie / Hayward / prime Butler/ prime Melo / Horford core. 

It's a big call, but I'd probably have to take the Anthony Davis roster in that scenario...and that's assuming both guys do excel reach their absolute ceilings, which is far from a given.  So once you factor in the uncertainty there, the AD trade is (to my mind) an no brainer.     

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

for

Anthony Davis + filler

To be brutally honest, I'm not actually sure if that gets it done. 

Lets say we offer Brown, Tatum, Lakers pick, Memphis pick and spare parts...then the Cavs offer Jae Crowder, Iman Shumpert (who the Pelicans apparently like), Kevin Love and the Brooklyn 1st. 

If you are the Pelicans, which deal do you take? 

Honestly, I'd probably take the Cavs deal.  Kevin Love is a perfect complimentary fit alongside Cousins, Crowder gives them a young, proven, cost controlled, two-way starting wing that they desperately need, and a defensive wing they supposedly really like.  That Brooklyn pick offers a legit shot at a #1 pick in a supposedly loaded draft.

The Celtics trade offers two prospects who have very high potential, but are entirely unproven.  A pick this coming draft that the might not even get...and if they don't then it's basically two picks that could fall god knows where.  A lot of high risk/ high reward parts in that trade - not sure if that's enough or a sure thing for me to move my 24 year old once-a-generation franchise big. 

The Cavs offer of two proven quality players plus a very high upside pick is probably more appealing.  Love and replaces some of AD's production, Crowder fills a big hole on the wing - Pelicans likely get better now, and potentially land a future franchise player to replace AD via the draft.
I agree.  Brown, Tatum, and lakers/sac pick isn't enough.  And the others picks we have are meh. 

We're talking Anthony Davis people.  A jus turned 24 year old superstar center.  He's a pipe dream and NO has no reason or incentive to trade him.

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 02:04:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Here is  how Davis joins the Celtics. 3 years from now when he's 27 years old he leaves as a free agent to join the world champion Boston Celtics. The 2020 Celtics and world champions, took down the Old man Warriors in 7 games.  It's our first championship since the Garnett Pierce era and he decides to join the Celtics Ala Kevin Garnett except as a free agent.

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 02:19:34 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Here is how Davis joins the Celtics. 3 years from now when he's 27 years old he leaves as a free agent to join the world champion Boston Celtics. The 2020 Celtics and world champions, took down the Old man Warriors in 7 games.  It's our first championship since the Garnett Pierce era and he decides to join the Celtics Ala Kevin Garnett except as a free agent.
Man, he is gone from N.O. within 10 months. We just have to be able to pay the most. Trade, just like KG.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 03:32:23 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Here is  how Davis joins the Celtics. 3 years from now when he's 27 years old he leaves as a free agent to join the world champion Boston Celtics. The 2020 Celtics and world champions, took down the Old man Warriors in 7 games.  It's our first championship since the Garnett Pierce era and he decides to join the Celtics Ala Kevin Garnett except as a free agent.

[dang] that pesky salary cap, which we will likely still be over at that time after resigning smart to an overpriced deal.

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
For me either Tatum or Brown will go in the long run...IMO the most suited to a trade is Tatum just because he is the most valuable and he may play some power forward in the short term but he is going to want to start as a small forward full-time eventually. Given Hayward is in his position and as he ages he won't be able to play two guard and you need a defensive minded guard to offset Irving's poor defence...also you have to think that we can only afford three max guys which leaves out either Brown or Tatum when Horford comes off contract.

I truely believe in a year or two, Davis will force a trade and this offseason at least, Cousins will walk leaving Davis alone with scrubs. We can still outbid anyone with Tatum, Brown and a treasure trove of picks.

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

for

Anthony Davis + filler

Prob need to give up horford one of Brown or Tatum , smart and mutiple 1sts