Author Topic: no more watching the Nets scores  (Read 1757 times)

no more watching the Nets scores
« on: September 15, 2017, 04:43:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Zeller gets signed by Nets-go Nets
I can't believe Philly in the mix to get LA's pick if we don't
That team is going to be a powerhouse and all coming into prime around the same time.
The amount of high picks they have chomped through in the process is mind boggling.
Hopefully Dannys Fultz swap is a poison pill but the thought of healthy Embid,Saric,Simmons and Fultz
Tatum is quality and I have high expectations for Semmi i mean impactful  They don't make them often like this physique, defensive DNA can shoot the three at 40% and best athlete at combine coupled with work ethic.He has been my favorite since Hoops House with Jaylen
.With his weight and a 40 inch vertical lane agility and sprint
The C.elts were so unathletic it hurt to watch sometimes but those guys had developed high BBIQ's and grit.
This season there is so much to watch and it centers around Horford so smooth .From his screens,passing and three pointer.To me he is the epitome of a modern center sort of a Tim Duncan.And his game will age well.
Philly is knocking and you can feel it IF IF Embid stays healthy.

Re: no more watching the Nets scores
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:45:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
You know who else is going to grow into a powerhouse with all of their players in their prime.... The Boston Celtics.

Philly is young and they certainly have the pieces if they stay healthy. But they might hit some tough cap restraints in a few years when Simmons, Embiid, Fultz etc all need their extensions and get re-signed.

Nonetheless, Philly should be exciting and for the sake of basketball and the NBA I hope their studs stay healthy to create some exiting competition in the East.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 10:34:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We still need to watch them so the Cavs don't get one of Porter-Bagley-Doncic.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 10:35:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
You know who else is going to grow into a powerhouse with all of their players in their prime.... The Boston Celtics.

Philly is young and they certainly have the pieces if they stay healthy. But they might hit some tough cap restraints in a few years when Simmons, Embiid, Fultz etc all need their extensions and get re-signed.

Nonetheless, Philly should be exciting and for the sake of basketball and the NBA I hope their studs stay healthy to create some exiting competition in the East.
If things pan out for them we'd better hope that our duo of Brown and Tatum develops, Irving becomes MVP caliber and we have a high draft pick in 18 or 19 for a good big or we'll get buttEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Brooklyn's win total will affect our Lakers pick. Root for Nets victories.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
At this point, I would almost blush if by chance we get the #2 overall next draft.  After the worst possible run of franchise luck from draft night 1986 and for two decades, it might just be regression to the mean.

It'd be nice to have a top talent young big to add to the Rozier/Smart/Brown/Tatum future HOF lineup.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 12:24:49 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
So happy we can legitimately cheer for Lakers to lose again

Chant BEAT LA!  pretty much every game and then on lottery night
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Every team has to deal with the same cap restraints.  The Sixers are better off than most teams.  They don't have any really bad contracts.  Since they have young players, they are most likely looking at 25% Max contracts rather than 30% or 35%.  Most of their players on rookie contracts are on the 1st or 2nd year of their contracts so they've got a few years.  If Embiid, Simmons and Fultz all play well enough to get Max contracts that is a very good problem to have. 

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 02:37:18 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
That team is going to be a powerhouse and all coming into prime around the same time.
The amount of high picks they have chomped through in the process is mind boggling.
Hopefully Dannys Fultz swap is a poison pill but the thought of healthy Embid,Saric,Simmons and Fultz

Between Fultz, Simmons and Embiid, they've played a combined 31 NBA games.  I expect Fultz and Simmons will be very good, but you never know.  They could certainly never be NBA stars.

And, just to give you some perspective on Embiid's track record.  Greg Oden played 82 games in his first 3 NBA seasons ... more than twice as much as Embiid.  If Embiid stays healthy, he is a CRAZY GOOD talent, but that's a huge IF.

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

d

Between Fultz, Simmons and Embiid, they've played a combined 31 NBA games.  I expect Fultz and Simmons will be very good, but you never know.  They could certainly never be NBA stars.

And, just to give you some perspective on Embiid's track record.  Greg Oden played 82 games in his first 3 NBA seasons ... more than twice as much as Embiid.  If Embiid stays healthy, he is a CRAZY GOOD talent, but that's a huge IF.

"Crazy good" seems very much dependent on Embiid.  This is a guy who averaged nearly 20/10 in his first 31 NBA games -- at age 22.  He is a phenom and the future of the 76ers depends on his health.   Simmons will likely be terrific too, and maybe Fultz as well, but if Embiid is hurt, I just don't see The Simmons-Fultz-Saric trio becoming championship ready over the next 3-5 years.  But with a healthy Embiid, they are loaded.

I don't wish for Embiid's health to continue to be a concern, but I have to admit that I hate the tank mentality and I am glad it never worked for Boston, and I hope it doesn't work for Philly (and especially for LAL).  If we had won the Duncan or the Durant (would DA have taken him?) sweepstakes', I would have rationalized either as one-season tanks, but it's still not the right thing to do.   The multi-year, generational tank-job that seem to be paying dividends for Philly and LAL are pitiful and shouldn't be rewarded.  Perhaps the new lottery system will discourage it.     

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
We still need to watch them so the Cavs don't get one of Porter-Bagley-Doncic.

Yes, I think many of us (me included) will be keeping a close eye on the Nets scores.   One positive outcome would be the Nets wining a lot of early games and the Lakers (and Kings) losing early -- making the LAL/SAC pick more valuable than the Nets pick at the trade deadline.