Author Topic: There's only one untouchable...  (Read 5231 times)

Re: There's only one untouchable...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 03:39:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Going over the top of screens in today's game of no hand checking and multiple screens. Guards that have that ability to slither or power around over or through screens are critically important. Marcus has the best combination of strength,weight distribution and technique-This is not fun for most players and Marcus makes the screener pay.
Rozier has that defensive DNA, the reach and burst of speed but still is getting hung up at times.He is still figuring out technique which should be a cross of bradley and smart..There has to be communication on defense or you get blindsided like crowder defense is hard work and missed by most fans.Avery was a pickpocket and Marcus Mike Tyson just ripping the ball away.
Smart since he came into league seems to have a mandate by referees to play physical and not get called for ticky-tack fouls
.The screeners are wary of Marcus, of Marcus's brute strength and mass, he also lowers his shoulder and leverages up.You can't teach that stuff.
Marcus plays defense like others play offence i just sit applauding all the little things he does .
Rozier has that defensive  DNA but is still figuring it out
.Part of Roziers poor closing is i don't think he likes getting hit playing above the rim.He doesn't land well and hears footsteps -I think
Bladley actually watched Roziers impact on boards and incorporated that into his game last year.
Rozier used to zig zag using bursts to get up court.He now knows where he wants to go and how to get there. A point guard project it takes time
Rozier is getting there and had some great mentors isaiah,bladley,crowder and marcus`.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:06:22 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 03:41:55 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Is Rozier being a poor mans Kyrie a reach?  I really believe their style of play and mentality  is similar.

If anything, Rozier is a scoring version of Rondo. Both are terrific rebounders with great defensive upsides. Not to mention, both have shown tenacity on the court, especially in the playoffs.
Terry Rozier is very comparable to Jeff Teague only a much better rebounder

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Terry-Rozier/Comparison/24644/Jeff-Teague/1614

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 03:43:07 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Of course Danny won't trade him. He's the second-longest-tenured member of the team.

That is so crazy lol

For a second I was thinking the longest tenured after Smart would be Al Horford, but you're right - Rozier came to Boston a year before Horford did. 

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 06:32:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Are you being serious?  Because Teague is a way better scorer and  I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read your post with the slick graphics.  The 22 PPG to 3 PPG, just torpedoes your argument into absurdity.

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »

Offline DooVoo

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 32

Are you being serious?  Because Teague is a way better scorer and  I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read your post with the slick graphics.  The 22 PPG to 3 PPG, just torpedoes your argument into absurdity.

I assume he is more talking about measurements and age. Teague didn't become any sort of player until he got minutes at age 23. He went from about 14 minutes to over 30. Terry will be 23 this season.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:02:11 PM by DooVoo »

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 06:29:31 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I love Rozier. LOL He just plays and is very steady and fearless.

Of all the people Ainge has traded, he will not trade Rozier. Too funny.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
LOL at first I saw the meme and was like, "wait a minute.. isn't this mine" but then I read the rest of the post.  :laugh:

It is amazing that after all this, Rozier has 'survived' and is still on the team, especially when he's always dangled in as "trade filler" on most trade ideas here.  :P

Rozier is still on his rookie contract and has 2 years left.  It is not surprising at all that he is still here.

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 11:16:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
When Rozier is on the floor, I see Rondo. Of course he isn't the same caliber of player and probably never will be, but their body types and the way they both cover ground on the court is uncanny.

Also, Rozier is making under $2M this year and has two years left on his contract. He also still has massive growth potential left in his game (I know the age situation). Using Terry as salary filler would make no sense - especially since he was a Danny guy (considered a reach at the time).

Love the quote, btw!