Poll

Lets Say Framework For A Deal For Either Porzingis Or Davis Is Set. Need To Include One Of Tatum/Brown To Complete It. Who Do You Trade?

Jaylen Brown
45 (80.4%)
Jayson Tatum
11 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Who Are You More Willing To Trade In AD/KP Deal? (Tatum Or Brown)  (Read 8426 times)

Re: Who Are You More Willing To Trade In AD/KP Deal? (Tatum Or Brown)
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 04:17:57 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Hmm, totally different trades.

Davis is clearly at a significantly higher level, but he makes big money now, meaning that someone with a big contract has to go too. It will also take a monster haul to get him. He's been amazing, but he hasn't carried a team very far and we don't know if he has championship level competitiveness.

Porzingas still is on his rookie deal and his contract doesn't end until Horford's does, so none of our big contracts has to go. He will command a lot of assets too, but probably not what Davis will. I think our championship chances are better having Horford too, so I'd prefer a cheaper deal for Porzingas.

Porzingas is 22 and Davis is 24. Either way, while Tatum and Brown are great prospects, the C's would easily give them both up for either player.

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 12:01:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Hmm, totally different trades.

Davis is clearly at a significantly higher level, but he makes big money now, meaning that someone with a big contract has to go too. It will also take a monster haul to get him. He's been amazing, but he hasn't carried a team very far and we don't know if he has championship level competitiveness.

Porzingas still is on his rookie deal and his contract doesn't end until Horford's does, so none of our big contracts has to go. He will command a lot of assets too, but probably not what Davis will. I think our championship chances are better having Horford too, so I'd prefer a cheaper deal for Porzingas.

Porzingas is 22 and Davis is 24. Either way, while Tatum and Brown are great prospects, the C's would easily give them both up for either player.

Yeah I agree with you on the 2nd paragraph. Porzingis is the wiser option simply because his contract is cheaper (no big contract has to go), the Knicks are a BIGGER dumpster fire than Pelicans, and frankly it's true that for as transcendental as Davis is, he hasn't led his team that far in recent years.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 12:06:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Id trade my mother before Tatum.

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Either. Both.

Both for AD. Both for KP with hopefully something coming back.

Upside:
AD=KG
Zinger=Dirk
Brown=Butler
Tatum=Pierce

I think AD and Zinger are clearly closer to their potential, but they have more experience. Brown and Tatum should get serious time this year, so if I'm Danny, I'd like to see what I have before making a trade.

That being said, if NO is calling BOS, you pick up the phone 10/10 times.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:17:45 PM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 12:38:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Hell I'd add you in as a "throw in" to that deal to make it happen before including Tatum  :P

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 01:34:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Hell I'd add you in as a "throw in" to that deal to make it happen before including Tatum  :P

FYI....I'm untouchable

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 06:18:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

FYI....I'm untouchable

Do you have a No Trade Clause?

No?

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 12:24:43 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Maybe it's just me, but if Lakers Pick conveys anywhere from 2-5 then I think I'd rather keep that instead of trading for Porzingis.

Now if it's for Anthony Davis you make the deal. But idk.. just don't think Porzingis is worth a Top-5 pick in a big man-loaded draft, one of Tatum/Brown, and MORE.

Great player but I don't see transcendental talent in Porzingis like I see in AD.

Again, maybe it's just me.

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Seeing the preseason games, it's becoming a really hard decision  :P

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2017, 04:52:04 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

I'm leaning more than ever toward Neither, For Now. Let's just wait and see what they can demonstrate this year before we sacrifice either.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2017, 05:03:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I'm leaning more than ever toward Neither, For Now. Let's just wait and see what they can demonstrate this year before we sacrifice either.

Put me in the neither category too.  We just jettisoned all but 4 players from last year.  We have 3 guys who are max or close to max players, 2 of which we signed as free agents.  We would have to include Horford which is really bad karma. 

We have 3 great young players on either rookie deals or cheap this year.   Lets see what we have in Brown and Tatum for at least a full year before wipe out our roster again for a player that hasn't even made the playoffs yet.

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2017, 05:04:29 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I'm more willing to trade Brown at this point. Only b/c scoring is a premium skill, and Tatum has that special ability to take over a game with the ball in his hand.

At the same time, a thunder dunk from Brown can (and will) change the momentum of many games.

I think Tatum will be a slightly better pro.

I would trade them both straight up for Anthony Davis.

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I am invested in both. Lakers pick will deliver a new big man next year. That and TRob after Russia!

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2017, 07:05:20 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Tatum but not for an obvious reason. So all cards on the table, I believe Tatum will have the better traditional career than Brown. But when I consider the 2 different lineups for the Celtics, I like one side more. If you trade Brown, your perfect lineup in the next few years is Irving/Hayward/Tatum/Davis/Horford.

If you trade Tatum, your best 5 man lineup is Irving/Brown/Hayward/Davis/Horford. That is a better team. Granted your offense is a little worse, but your defense is alot better.

It's all irrelevant because I don't see any way we get Davis without both.
#JKJB

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2017, 07:06:59 PM »

Offline Ory

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 21
No deal.

If that Lakers pick conveys you grab a top 5 pick center and roll with who you already have. If it doesn't you need another premium asset and it isn't worth it to make a Porzingis trade. AD makes too much to trade for without either trading Al Horford or gutting the team, and even then the Pelicans say no. They demand Kyrie for Davis because we have him.

Those guys are great big men, but the reality is that we aren't getting either of them as we no longer have the pick stash we did 2 years ago and they are both still young enough to rebuild around.